Facebook to buy WhatsApp for $16 billion

mgsstar

for now.... at first facebook also wasn't filled with ads, now when i go onto facebook 3 out of 5 feeds are ads...

msi z97m gaming - i5 4690k @4.4ghz 1.2V corsair h110 powercolor r9 290x pcs+ - 8GB corsair vengeance dual channel @2133mhz - thermaltake smart power se 730watts - intel 530 series 240GB ssd seagate 1tb 7200rpm - corsiar obsidian 350D - 2x enermax tb silence 140mm - logitech x-530 - sony mdr xb600 - medion 24'' 1080P cm storm quickfire tk white edition with cherry mx red cheap but awesome mouse #GloriousPaintMasterRace

what if I told you that there is an app, very similar with whatsapp where you don't hav to pay anything(from what I know). It's called viber :P

BBM

AMD FX-8350 @ 4.7Ghz when gaming | MSI 990FXA-GD80 v2 | Swiftech H220 | Sapphire Radeon HD 7950  +  XFX Radeon 7950 | 8 Gigs of Crucial Ballistix Tracers | 140 GB Raptor X | 1 TB WD Blue | 250 GB Samsung Pro SSD | 120 GB Samsung SSD | 750 Watt Antec HCG PSU | Corsair C70 Mil Green

As much as I don't like facebook, I actually see a bright side of this. We might be able to use what'sapp from facebook.

Oh... they could have downloaded it for free.

Signatures are stupid.

Well hopefully they don't roll out those video ads in whatsapp.  With AT&T's sponsored data, this could easily become a thing.

| Currently no gaming rig | Dell XPS 13 (9343) |

| Samsung Galaxy Note5 | Gear VR | Nvidia Shield Tab | Xbox One |

Didn't Google just bought it like 6 months ago?

Didn't they try to buy Snapchat?

It was nothing more than an attempt :-)

And Facebook buys Whatsapp for it's users, they'll sell the database for a few billion to profit, or send ads, or whatever: We didn't have privacy anyway;

I'm quite sure there are going to be ads at some point. If those ads are subtle and don't get in the way, I can live with that. But we are talking about Facebook here. So I'm afraid the app is going to be filled with ads and they are going to be annoying as hell. I wouldn't be surprised if at some point in time Whatsapp would require Facebook id. If that ever happens, I'm done with Whatsapp.

Intel i7 4770k | Corsair H100i | Asus Maximus VI Extreme | 16Gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866MHz | Asus GTX 780 SLI | Samsung 830 Pro 256GB + 6TB WD Red | Asus Xonar Phoebus | Corsair AX860i | Corsair 900D | Win 8 Pro 64-bit | 2 x Dell U2412M | Logitech G710+ | Logitech G602

If you can't beat the rapidly expanding competition that threatens your product, just buy it out. 

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k @ 4.7 1.3v  with a Corsair H80 w/Dual SP120s - Motherboard: MSI Z97 gaming 5 - RAM: 4x4 G.Skill Ripjaws X @ 1600 - GPU: Dual PowerColour R9 290- SSD: Samsung NVME SM951 256GB-- PSU: Corsair RM 1000  - Case: NZXT H440 Black/red - Keyboard: Coolermaster CM storm Quickfire TK, Cherry MX blues - Mouse: Logitech G502 - Heaphones: Beyerdynamic DT 770 - Monitors: 3x VE248H Eyefinity 1080P -  Phone: iPhone 6S Plus               Please post your specifications in your post, signature or even better, system page on your profile!

Google bought Whatsapp for 1B and sold it for 19B to FB ^^

But well, found an article, Android Authority I think that says FB stated they gonna do market research with it. [Read it in Flipboard ^^' Will try to find it later]

Time to switch to Viber.

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

Twitter is the only thing left for facebook now, they have instagram and now Whatsapp.

Wouldn't this make it a monopoly?

Google bought Whatsapp for 1B and sold it for 19B to FB ^^

But well, found an article, Android Authority I think that says FB stated they gonna do market research with it. [Read it in Flipboard ^^' Will try to find it later]

Time to switch to Viber.

I don't know what it is about a girl with blue hair O.o but damn that avatar.

So what exactly is Whatsapp? Seems i'm a bit late on the uptake.

(I think it's a pic or msg or pic/msg chat thing) but fb has it's own chat? i dont see why..

Heaven's Society - Like Anime? Check us Out Here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wouldn't this make it a monopoly?

Snapchat & No. There's still tons of other social media.

Heaven's Society - Like Anime? Check us Out Here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"WhatsApp is on a path to connect 1 billion people. The services that reach that milestone are all incredibly valuable [as we can now sell even more of your data to government security agencies]." - Mark Zuckerburg. :lol:

Well, if at some point I have to log in through facebook I'm done with it. 

Pretty sure it's going to keep being free, but it will have more ads than NYC. Lame joke but I'm very very tired don't judge lol. It's time to change to............ BBM? PLEASE NO!

You know you overpaid for a company when you make BlackBerry shares rise because according to investors BBM is "under-valued".

Glad, I read their terms of service and swiftly removed the app from my phone.

They still have all of their user's data including all the messages and pictures they sent and they can use that stuff for whatever they want. And anyone who uses WhatsApp agreed to it.

I don't really play many games for gameplay anymore honestly. I play most games just for the graphics.

dayum... $16 billion....

See how badly Zuckerberg want's to own copies of everything you wrote or sent?

I don't really play many games for gameplay anymore honestly. I play most games just for the graphics.