fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

1 hour ago, scuff gang said:

A pot belly

outrageous insults (Xbox 360 cod)

an aderal addiction 

arthritis 

ptsd

deppression

Well that doesn’t sound good.  I’m not sure anything might have actually been cause by gaming except the pot belly though #3 could be responsible for 4,5, and 6

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Just now, Bombastinator said:

Well that doesn’t sound good.  I’m not sure anything might have actually been cause by gaming except the pot belly though #3 could be responsible for 4,5, and 6

It was joke ?

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

Gaming has sometimes been an escape from reality for me. Yes, it can be a bad habit. But one time where it really helped was the repression of That One Bad Memory™. I won't specify what happened exactly, just that I was young at the time, and other people in the same boat might've needed counselling or therapy sessions. Me, I just played games and got lost in fabricated worlds. Over time the shock, disgust, and bitterness of the event wore off, and I was able to make peace with the memory.

正直に生きる、一度きりの人生だから

Keeb Weeb LinksCustom Mechanical Keyboards | #KeebWeebClub

'Chew Builds: Hoshī (PC) | Okashī (PC) | K-4398 (Keeb) | Eighty #391 (Keeb) | R2-968 (Keeb) | MGK64 (Keeb)

45 minutes ago, scuff gang said:

It was joke ?

My pot belly is not a joke.  Though to be fair I did come by it honestly.  I ate too much.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

16 minutes ago, comander said:

Things I've gained from gaming:

Mild back problems and lesser posture, mild rotator cuff damage from leaning on an arm. 
Higher levels of visceral fat - atleast my abs and ribs are still clearly visible
Mild anxiety
I went from "tied for valedictorian" to my yearbook saying "you're a genius but you're lazy"
Lower undergrad GPA and shittier applications to grad school programs
A tangential interest in computer hardware which has since supplanted the original gaming interest
There was one time I tried playing videogames in Spanish over a weekend. I came into work unable to use English at full capacity for a day or two, it was like my mind was cloudy. I guess that's educational. 
I mentioned that I reached a #1 ladder rank in a game while interviewing for my current job at AlphaBookAzonFlix.

Hurray for gaming. 

I recall asking my mother what "irony" was because it was mentioned in one of those games. I was like 4. 

I suspect I'd not have been as interested in learning to read without titles like the ones you mentioned. 

The best grownup to kid answer I ever heard was one my sister gave.  She was asked “aunt alice?  What are kidneys?” To which she replied “those things there those are kidneys, but when you grow up they’ll fall off and you’ll have grown-up knees”. I love that one.

Carpal tunnel syndrome

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

you learn a lot in games depending on the genre

Turn Based Strategy, Real Time Strategy and Tower Defense does it for me

lots of quick decision and long term decision making as well as risk involved and resource management, blablabla yadayada

On 2/23/2020 at 10:58 PM, merco said:

I learned a good amount of english playing games with english audio and english subtitles on. I watched a lot of series or movies in english as well, but usually those didn't have subtitles. I believe hearing the language you are learning while reading it at the same time is a huge benefit.

THIS. Basically a second language.

Funny memories.

One time in English class the teacher asked us to draw a house. At the time, I spent a lot of time in Minecraft building the pixel-perfect abode for my weirdly expressionless, blocky character. A house needs a solid door, a couple of windows for decent lighting, at least two levels, a basement to store all your materials, tools, and weapons, a good roof with a bit of overhang to repel spiders... Oh, let's not forget a patio, and a front porch with flowers--

TIME'S UP!

Well, I didn't manage to include everything in my drawing, and what should've been a relatively quick and simple sketch turned into some absurd, weird, blocky mess that in no way resembled anything like a house. ...I honestly felt quite ridiculous at the time.

At the very least I got some good memories out of it.

正直に生きる、一度きりの人生だから

'Chew Builds: Hoshī (PC) | Okashī (PC) | K-4398 (Keeb) | Eighty #391 (Keeb) | R2-968 (Keeb) | MGK64 (Keeb)

history knowledge from a playing a few civilization type games

in an rpg mmo game i have friends that i can rely on if i need to

pretty sure most of my reasoning these days is from logic games

finding my current hobby, compooters

a like for some types of music

lack of sleep

a back that pops like knuckles

Don't forget to use the "Quote" feature or mention me ( @Gegger) if you want me to see your reply!

Community Standards // Forum Quickstart Guide // Floatplane // Forum FAQ // The Parrot Gang
Banned by Linus in the "banning game" thread who added insult to injury by putting this crap in my sig >(

WE ARE THE DARK SIDE Don't be a light theme peasant

Spoiler

........:oo:........

o//ssssssssyhhysssss+////o               .''''''''''''''. 

mddmmm/::ddddddddddddddmmmyss::/mmN       |   PARTY ON   |

o..+oodddmmmhhhhhhhhhhhdmmmmmdddooy       | ,............'

h::oyyhddmmm+++///////////++++++mmmddy::s  |/

Nyyo[[sddhyyyyy::::::::::::::::::::yyymmh//oyym

h..:oohmm+:://///::::////////////////+mmmmms..sNN

m++sddmmm+::hddhhy::+ddddddddddddddhhhmmmmmdhh+++d

Nsssyyhmmhssooodmmhhh::+mmdyyyyyyyyddddddmmmmmmmmo::d

mmd../mmmmmo::shhdmmhhh::+mmhooooooooyhhmmmmmmmmmmmyssdmm

+++++smmdddo::///dmmhhh::+mmhooooooooooommmmmddddmmmdd/++m

``+hhhmmhoo/:::::oooooossymmhooooooooyyymmdoooooydddmmo//N

++:mmmmmy:::::::::::::/yyhmmhooooooooyhhmmd:::::+yyhmmyssddd

ooommmmmy:::::::::::::://ommhooooooooooommd:::::://shhdmm+..

yyhmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmhooooooooyyymmd::::::::/++hmm+//

dddmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmhooooooooyhhddh:::::::::::hmmysshhd

mmmmmdhhs::::::::::::::::+mmhoooooooohhhhhy:::::::::::hmmhhh``+

mmmmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmdhhsooooodmm++/:::::::::::hmmsss``+

dddmmhoo+::::::::::::::::+dddddyssyyydmm::::::::::::::hmmsoo++o

dddmmdhho::::::::::::::::+hhdmmddddmmmmm::::::::::::::hmmsooNNN

mmmmmh///::::::::::::::::+hhdmmmmmmmmddd::::::::::::::hmmsoo++/

yyhmmdss+::::::::::::::::/ooydddmmmmmsoo::::::::::::::yddhyy::+

++ommmmmy:::::::::::::::::::ohhdmmddd/::::::::::::::::shhdmmsssNNNmmN

..+mmmmmy:::::::::::::::::::://shh+//:::::::::::::::::://dmmmmdoo+..o

``+dddmmhss+:::::::::::::::::::+++/::::::::::::::::::::::ooodddhhysshNNy++m ``+hhdmmdhhs///:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::yyymmmmmmmmo++hNNmdd ``+hhdmmdhhhhh+:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::/hhhhhdmmmmmsoo... ``+ddmmmdhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyo:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+++++sdddmmdhhsss//+ ``+mmmmmhsshhhhhhhhhhhhhhy++/:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+ssyyydmmddd///hhd ``+mmmmmy::shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhs:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::ymmmmmmmh../ ``+mmmmmy:://////////////ohhhyy+::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::///hddmmmhhs++s ``+mmmmmhssssssssssssssssydddddysssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssdddmmmmmy::s ``+mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmhooh

In RPGs like Dragon Age and Neverwinter Nights 2, companion characters add a lot of emotional value to your gameplay and sometimes voice their opinions on game-changing events. More often than not, getting the game's "good" ending requires maximizing and/or maintaining their favor, so, uh... If in doubt, listen to your pals.

Except Bishop. Don't listen to that S.O.B.

TLDR: A second opinion can sometimes be helpful.

正直に生きる、一度きりの人生だから

On 2/25/2020 at 7:36 AM, Eschew said:

Gaming has sometimes been an escape from reality for me. Yes, it can be a bad habit. But one time where it really helped was the repression of That One Bad Memory™. I won't specify what happened exactly, just that I was young at the time, and other people in the same boat might've needed counselling or therapy sessions. Me, I just played games and got lost in fabricated worlds. Over time the shock, disgust, and bitterness of the event wore off, and I was able to make peace with the memory.

WOW! Too real, Brother!

Engineer.AI

Fighting Games are my life! They've taught me to have a deep appreciation of my body and mind - that to be your best, both of them have to work in tandem. You need sharp reactions and a decent amount of mind games to play them. I've met some of the best people ever in my journey.

To answer your question, Fighting Games have taught me to :Respect my mind and body, and be thankful for the fact that ive been blessed with working limbs and a functioning brain, when there are so many who just dont have that privilege.

Engineer.AI

On 2/21/2020 at 5:52 PM, Eschew said:

simulators,

My first ever "video game" was Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004. It literally caused me to spend my entire childhood doing almost nothing but researching flight.

As a result, when I started flight school as an adult (I was not able to finish due to a workplace injury), I got a huge discount on instruction time because I was able to impress the instructor. Not that I was already as good as a PPL holder, just that it appeared to him that I had a talent for it.

Well, that plus my Eagle Scout and equipment repair skills meant that I already knew how to navigate and what to look for during pre flight checks and what the engine instruments were telling me.

Interestingly enough, however, the simulator time did cause a bad habit: instrument fixation. It took a while to break that habit.

ENCRYPTION IS NOT A CRIME

The ability to read/write/understand English. It forced me to interact with English folks and I've learned more of the language in games than I ever did in school. Mainly in Starcraft's online multiplayer.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Reaffirmation that I'm afraid of heights.

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

I've learned from CS GO that if your scare the ever living crap out of me I'll react with sub 125ms reaction times (this is significant for me). It's also partially what got me into technology.

Weight. 

FPS games keeps my hand very flexible and even acted as part of rehabilitation after my hand surgery. I use it as a hand exercise also. So, games not only don't harm my health, but improve it quite a bit.

I've not gained much in the way of like knowledge minus a few cool like History Channel games on the PS2, but I do think I mean we've all heard it helps with hand-eye coordination but I feel that it was 100% true, my hand-eye was not always the best as a young kid, I'm 22 now, but I think gaming helped improve my fine motor skills and my hand-eye. 

I also think all jokes aside, but its made me a better team player, as someone who has played League of Legends on and off since Season 3 and Overwatch since it released almost, as well as a few other team based games here and there, they've helped with that immensely.

Then I think the best thing and I'm sure we can all agree is the people we've met through gaming be it in COD or Overwatch or just through platforms like Twitch where we all have that common interest. I've made so many people I'd consider best friends from all different walks of life.

I'd also say it also helped me become more into wanting to build PCs.

#AllBirbsAreEqual

My Humble Budget Build

• CPU
    Ryzen 5 2600
  • Motherboard
    ASUS B450M
  • RAM
    T-Force 16GB 3000mhz DDR4
  • GPU
    Powercolor Red Dragon Rx580 4GB
  • Case
    Rosewill ATX Mid-Tower
  • Storage
    1 X WD 1TB HDD
    1 X Seagate 2TB HDD
    1 Silicon Power 256gb SSD
  • PSU
    EVGA850 BQ
  • Display(s)
    HP 1920 X 1080 Monitor
    Acer SB220Q bi 21.5 inches Full HD
    Acer 1440 X 900 Monitor
  • Cooling
    Enermax Liqmax III
    1 120mm Rosewill Case fan
  • Keyboard
    Corsair K68 RGB Keyboard
  • Mouse
    Razer Naga Trinity
  • Sound
    Insignia Computer Speakers
  • Operating System
    Windows 10 Ultimate

Games that heavily encourage the player to complete every side quest to get the best possible ending (e.g. Mass Effect 1, 2, 3) only serve to reinforce my excessively detail-oriented completionist habits. In real life, sometimes its a boon, and I catch a particularly important game-changing rule that pulls my team out ahead. Other times, conflicting details derail my train of thought and I can't give the task my 100%.

正直に生きる、一度きりの人生だから

Racing Simulation actually helped me handle real-life driving scenarios better.

Of course knowing what to do and actually doing it in the right moment are two entirely separate things. Still, I'd been really successful at controlling my car in oversteer scenarios and other edge cases when I did a driver's training a few years back, despite being a novice driver by all accounts. Granted, knowing how to handle a car in a game didn't make me a drift king, but there were a few instances I can recall where knowing the theory behind the situation helped me out massively, especially when I didn't have that much practical experience.