Things You've Gained from Gaming

Eschew

It doesn't matter how many times you've gone through the whole story, there's always something new to discover.

I've played through Dragon Age 2 for what must have been a dozen times by now, and I take something new away from every playthough. Better insight into the lore, weird Easter eggs, appreciation for characters that I hated, loss of respect for characters I loved, sudden understanding of phrases or events that confused me before, the list goes on.

Aaand dozens of DA2 playthroughs later, I still don't know what's so funny about "ghast hole."

正直に生きる、一度きりの人生だから

Keeb Weeb LinksCustom Mechanical Keyboards | #KeebWeebClub

'Chew Builds: Hoshī (PC) | Okashī (PC) | K-4398 (Keeb) | Eighty #391 (Keeb) | R2-968 (Keeb) | MGK64 (Keeb)

On 2/29/2020 at 3:09 PM, merco said:

very true, finding twitch actually got me out of darker places

This is probably the best, and most wholesome response to this question!

~Engineer.AI

Engineer.AI

videogames (runescape mostly when i was younger) taught me how to type. and other various tidbits of random knowledge that i'll never need to know.

in science class, the teacher asked us how glass is made. from my vast runescape experience, i was able to give a fairly accurate outline of the actual process.  

gaming has also been good for team building and being more social in general.

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

i found my gf in an mmo and i learned how to endure sitting at a desk doing tedious tasks on the computer for hours on end from that same mmo

Team/resource management (time management in a way), strategics like in boss battles (efficient methods) and general moderation (patience and having fun).

Always Sometimes Monsters is an interesting game, it explores the lengths people/you are willing to go through to get what they want (gross over-simplification).

It also made me realize that sometimes the best type of suffering is to let a person live. 🙃

正直に生きる、一度きりの人生だから

Keeb Weeb LinksCustom Mechanical Keyboards | #KeebWeebClub

'Chew Builds: Hoshī (PC) | Okashī (PC) | K-4398 (Keeb) | Eighty #391 (Keeb) | R2-968 (Keeb) | MGK64 (Keeb)

Great hand dexterity. 

Be sure to @Pickles von Brine if you want me to see your reply!

Stopping by to praise the all mighty jar Lord pickles... * drinks from a chalice of holy pickle juice and tossed dill over shoulder* ~ @WarDance
3600x | NH-D15 Chromax Black | 32GB 3200MHz | ASUS KO RTX 3070 UnderVolted and UnderClocked | Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X570S | Seasonic X760w | Phanteks Evolv X | 500GB WD_Black SN750 x2 | Sandisk Skyhawk 3.84TB SSD