The Coolest Small Form Factor PC?? - Comino OTTO

AlexTheGreatish

The Comino OTTO is a gaming computer made by a server company... and it is very clear they did their engineering homework.

Check out the Comino OTTO: https://comino.com/en/

Buy Asus X570i 
On Amazon (PAID LINK): https://geni.us/Budd
On Newegg: https://lmg.gg/JOBAo

Purchases made through some store links may provide some compensation to Linus Media Group.

I dunno...I think Shuttle did it better (disclosure, I'm a diehard Shuttle fan)

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

I spent most of the video thinking about how it looks like the computer is supposed to be upright. The feet are clearly on the "back".

What is actually supposed to go here? Some people put their specs, others put random comments or remarks about themselves or others, and there are a few who put cryptic statements.

This thing should be standing upright. But cables don't allow it...

19 hours ago, Computernaut said:

I spent most of the video thinking about how it looks like the computer is supposed to be upright. The feet are clearly on the "back".

nah imagine a cnc machined handle on the top that would look great when its lying down like this!

Folding stats

Vigilo Confido

First off as someone who enjoys building high performance SFF builds I am extremely tempted by the DIY options they have.

But more importantly Linus just glossed over this:

image.png.ad282915f7d10be5dc93c2e982f6a382.png

A PCI-E riser without a huge ribbon cable ruining my airflow that can still do 16x?! Witchcraft! What do I need to put into google to buy just the riser?

18 minutes ago, Fizzle said:

First off as someone who enjoys building high performance SFF builds I am extremely tempted by the DIY options they have.

But more importantly Linus just glossed over this:

image.png.ad282915f7d10be5dc93c2e982f6a382.png

A PCI-E riser without a huge ribbon cable ruining my airflow that can still do 16x?! Witchcraft! What do I need to put into google to buy just the riser?

They will sell them to you starting at a volume of 100 pieces. Just check the website ;)

Folding stats

Vigilo Confido

It looks more than a mining card to me.. but maybe? Those lots of a 100 they are selling are defiantly x1 mining risers. I think LTT did a test of "can you run a GPU off a x1 slot" and decided mostly yes but it will sometimes be limited and don't expect peak performance. Looking at the picture again there is defiantly some low profile PCI-E card in there.

Though I thought Linus mentions 2 8x cables being used and it looks like their is more going on at the back of the card.. shame we didn't get that teardown! Surely there is a borescope somewhere in the office, can we get a quick follow up vid to take a look what it is?

I think the OCuLink cables might be right, I've not come across them but I also haven't opened a rack mounted server in 10 years ?

Some google work gets me a full height $4000 card but nothing suitable for a SFF build.

1 hour ago, VegetableStu said:

hmm they seem to be x16 to x1 risers o_o I can't find the version used in the OTTO

https://comino.com/en/risers/

EDIT:

> Built With Community

> has SFFnet logo

> no thread link

> ?

will check later, SFFn is down at the moment

hmm sounds interesting pls get back if you find anything!

Folding stats

Vigilo Confido

Hey y'all i have been talking with some one from Comino and have gotten the spec sheet for these riser cards.

They will sell on there website as a spare part for the Otto. ETA is still TBD. 

They will also sell them in bulk. If you want to distrubute them yourself.

It is super cool stuff they did and a one of the kind connector. Check it out

Risers_Datasheet_v3_US_Contacts_US_Letter.pdf