Cyberpunk 2077 delayed until September??!!!

So Cyberpunk 2077 is officially delayed until September, what a bummer. I've been anxiously waiting and it finally felt like it was close as the OG April 14th release date was was almost here. Some articles have said it's due to the game running poorly on current consoles and issues with Stadia, the official tweet from CDProjekt says otherwise. I don't know what to think about it, but I feel saddened for sure. What do you guys think about it?

Polygon article with official Tweet - https://www.polygon.com/2020/1/16/21068996/cyberpunk-2077-delayed-to-september

Comicbook.com article about consoles and Stadia being the issue - https://comicbook.com/gaming/2020/01/23/cyberpunk-2077-ps4-xbox-one-release-date-delay/

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

It's fine. I'm much rather in the mood to play games when it's chilly out like in autumn, rather than spring, so this delay is kind of a win. And if helps to avoid crunch time for the developers then it's a double win. 

they should took as much as they needed to finish the game, providing it's not involving in any form of crunching

why everybody post the spec of their rig here? i dont! cuz its made of mashed potatoes!

Better to have a finished game than a buggy mess at release.  If we want less patch it after release games, then this is the price for it.  It doesn't help that this is the game following the Witcher 3.  Most other devs could release a game that is just really good and be fine.  The level of hype this game received, unfortunately set it up for "anything less than a masterpiece is failure".

On 1/23/2020 at 9:52 PM, Mr Nobody said:

As much as that bums me out, I'd rather they take the extra time to make sure it isn't like RDR2's launch.

Problem is RDR2 had a year extra for its PC port from console and it still sucked. Oh well, I hated that game anyway and sold my PS4 copy after being bored to death five hours in.

On 1/24/2020 at 8:23 AM, Worstcaster said:

Better to have a finished game than a buggy mess at release.  If we want less patch it after release games, then this is the price for it.  It doesn't help that this is the game following the Witcher 3.  Most other devs could release a game that is just really good and be fine.  The level of hype this game received, unfortunately set it up for "anything less than a masterpiece is failure".

I completely agree.  The Witcher 3 was IMO one of the best games released in years.  I knew nothing about the story, but I found the world believable and immersive.  I plan to read the books now.  If it means taking 6m to a year longer to produce a game of equal or better quality with a unique compelling story they will be doing a justice to the artists/authors.

Just curious, does anyone know if Andrzej Sapkowski (author of the Witcher book series) has commented about the quality/accuracy/satisfaction of the inspired video game series?  I'm wondering because the interviews with Mike Pondsmith speaking about working with CD Projekt, and he seems to have a positive view about how things are going.  The Cyberpunk 2020 (table top RPG) books and supplements are very immersive and I'm excited to see how that universe has developed.

Either way, I think the bar is set very high - but I think CD Projekt will deliver.

On 1/23/2020 at 6:31 PM, SpookyCitrus said:

Comicbook.com article about consoles and Stadia being the issue

Lol, they bit more than they can chew.

Gaming With a 4:3 CRT

System specs below

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5700X with a Noctua NH-U9S cooler 
Motherboard: Gigabyte B450 Aorus M (Because it was cheap)
RAM: 32GB (4 x 8GB) Corsair Vengance LPX 3200Mhz CL16
GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC Blower Card
HDD: 7200RPM TOSHIBA DT01ACA100 1TB, External HDD: 5400RPM 2TB WD My Passport
SSD: 1tb Samsung 970 evo m.2 nvme
PSU: Corsair CX650M
Displays: ViewSonic VA2012WB LCD 1680x1050p @ 75Hz
Gateway VX920 CRT: 1920x1440@65Hz, 1600x1200@75Hz, 1200x900@100Hz, 960x720@125Hz
Gateway VX900 CRT: 1920x1440@64Hz, 1600x1200@75Hz, 1200x900@100Hz, 960x720@120Hz (Can be pushed to 175Hz)

Keyboard: Thermaltake eSPORTS MEKA PRO with Cherry MX Red switches

As long as they're going to be releasing a fully complete game and it's everything they say it's going to be I won't have an issue. I have never doubted CDPR, but if it really is being delayed due to current gen consoles not being able to run it then it makes me sad being a PC player and possibly having it ready for us but having to wait for console fixes for it to be released. I can understand from a marketing/ profit standpoint how it could affect the sales at launch if they only released the PC version and delayed consoles. But in all seriousness if it really is because they are doing some touch ups and have a couple more things to fix before release then I'm all for waiting.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Looks like they've also brought in QLOC it help them with QA duties. Hopefully having QLOC involved can take some of the stress off the internal team. Their CEO said that there will still be crunch from delay until release, but they want to try and manage it as much as possible.

So what I'm wondering is if this is going to mean the game will be releasing on next gen consoles at launch. It seems a bit weird if it only drops on PS4 and One when PS5 and Series X are out...

4 minutes ago, Kawaii Koneko said:

So what I'm wondering is if this is going to mean the game will be releasing on next gen consoles at launch. It seems a bit weird if it only drops on PS4 and One when PS5 and Series X are out...

Wasn't the PS4 super expensive at launch?

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

30 minutes ago, Andreas Lilja said:

Wasn't the PS4 super expensive at launch?

That was the PS3. The PS3 was $499 for the 20GB and $599 for the 60GB model. When adjusted for inflation, that's almost $650 and $780 USD respectively.

PS4 was $399 at launch and the One was $499 which may sound just as expensive as the PS3 but not once you account for inflation.

On 1/26/2020 at 12:11 AM, crazyeyeguy said:

Just curious, does anyone know if Andrzej Sapkowski (author of the Witcher book series) has commented about the quality/accuracy/satisfaction of the inspired video game series?  I'm wondering because the interviews with Mike Pondsmith speaking about working with CD Projekt, and he seems to have a positive view about how things are going.  The Cyberpunk 2020 (table top RPG) books and supplements are very immersive and I'm excited to see how that universe has developed.

Mr. Sapkowski didn't expect the video games to be a success, hence the lawsuit.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-10-02-witcher-author-andrzej-sapkowski-unsuccessfully-demands-more-money-from-cd-projekt

3 hours ago, Worstcaster said:

What does this have to do with Cyberpunk 2077? Also this happened a year and half ago, not necessarily relevant to this situation or more than likely even still going on.

1 hour ago, SpookyCitrus said:

What does this have to do with Cyberpunk 2077? Also this happened a year and half ago, not necessarily relevant to this situation or more than likely even still going on.

It has nothing to do with Cyberpunk 2077.  I was answering a question asked in crazyeyeguy's post above.  It's not still going on they settled with him. 

53 minutes ago, comander said:

You survived 20ish years without it, what's a few more months?

I say this as someone who buys games years after release for a fraction of the price, after the patches are out and after people know what's actually worth playing. 

I've literally been waiting for this game to come out since the first teaser dropped in 2013, we finally get a few months away and then it get's delayed... It was saddening and out of the blue. Like I said in my second to last comment on this, I am more than fine/perfectly capable of waiting as long as they are using the time to fix issues and finish the game. A few more months is nothing, you're right, this was more of a release to just say what a bummer it is and figure out if the console rumors were true, see what others think/feel about it.

I say this as someone who enjoys games for their stories who doesn't really care if I wait or don't, if I pay $60 or $10, as long as the story is good and I enjoy it. If it peaks my interest or is a sequel to a game I already really enjoyed I'll buy it, hell if I don't like it most major PC retailers like Steam,Origin, Uplay, and Blizzard will refund you depending on play time so it's no biggie, I generally know within the first hour or two if I like the game or not.

22 minutes ago, Worstcaster said:

It has nothing to do with Cyberpunk 2077.  I was answering a question asked in crazyeyeguy's post above.  It's not still going on they settled with him. 

Oh you didn't originally quote them so I thought you were just saying that to say it.

On 1/27/2020 at 8:16 AM, Worstcaster said:

Great article, thanks!

It's unfortunate that its going on - it makes me a little sad because I respect both CDProjekt's work interpretting The Witcher universe that Mr. Sapkowski dreamed up and I prefer the idea of great minds getting along.  I would be thrilled to meet anyone involved in either the books or the games as they both appear to be labors of love, or at least efforts requiring immense integrity.