I'm worried about this Twitter situation.i

Scottonpc

So...this guy from school who was in my IT class thought me and my friend are hackers because we used to mess around with batch commands and got round blockers by using proxies. I don't hack and don't want to but he's stupid to think I'm a hacker when it's just easy computer knowledge to me; people really need to know the definition of a "hacker". Some how he has my number and sent me a text last night saying "oh hey can you hack the school message on the homepage to change it". I replied "of course not" and left it. For some reason I wanted to troll him so I decided to change some text around by right clicking on the homepage message and selecting inspect element and editing the text; you guys will know this and when you refresh the page the text goes back. I took a picture with my phone and sent it to him and he thinks it's real but i thought he would of realized it was a troll.

Meanwhile I begin to think that he would post this on Twitter or something. So to my knowledge I searched his Xbox name in to the Twitter search just to check and blow me he uploaded the convo and the pic. It has got a lot of favorites and some of his followers think it's real. I sent him a text to remove it but hasn't, not sure what to do because I don't want to get in trouble for a prank.

Thanks guys.

it's not real and you never actually did anything but edit a local web page

idk how you could possibly get in trouble

Error: 410

Just tell him straight, this is how i did it, it is not hacking, that is if you don't wan't to humiliate him.

Spoiler

Case Bitfenix Ghost, Mobo Asus Maximus VIII Ranger, CPU i7 6700K @4.2 Ghz cooled by Arctic cooling Freezer i30, (barely). GPU Nvidia GTX 970 Gigabyte G1 @1519Mhz core, RAM 16Gb Crucial Ballistix CL16 @2400Mhz. SSD 128GB Sandisk Ultra Plus as my OS drive. HDD's  1TB  Seagate ST31000524AS its OEM, 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 2x 500GB WDC Blue (RAID 0)

If it isn't working absolutely perfectly, according to all your assumptions, it is broken.

Wow he still hasn't removed the pics, even though I told him too

If anyone decided to report you you never intruded onto their website so they know you did not do anything so just know you are innocent.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

Question. Why should you even care. You did not do anything so you can't get in trouble. That other kid is an idiot let him be an idiot.

This right here is your answer.

Grab some popcorn, sit back, relax, and watch the idiot be an idiot.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Say that you'll hack his Xbox account if he doesn't remove the pics.

2500k 4.0ghz,GTX 1070 oc,MSI Z77A-GD55,G.SKILL Ripjaws(4 x 2GB)DDR3 1333,OCZ Arc 100 240gb,Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB,Corsair TX 750w v1,CoolerMaster HAF 912,Hyper 212 EVO

Ask for he take the picture down and some money just for lolz and say that otherwise you will leak his nudes.

Signatures are stupid.

Wow he still hasn't removed the pics, even though I told him too

You can't get in trouble for something that hasn't been done.  Someone at my school changed the wiki page, and they got in a lot of shit for it, but this is just trolling.  Just roll with it, and if anyone asks you about it, just say it's impossible and show them how you did it.

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

The inspect element tool is free to be used by anyone, you did nothing wrong so there's nothing to be worried about and `if` anyone does come up to you and ask you about it then just explain to them what you exactly did and how it's not illegal and if you're not sure then basically just tell them that every time you go to a page its gets downloaded on your computer and the code is available to be changed, if they didn't want it to be changeable then they would of used alternative methods of displaying the information for example gmail offline, they don't want to make the information visible so they hide(encrypt) all the code when you try to look at it directly.