what kind of nut is your favorite nut

redbread123

what nut u like  

121 members have voted

1. 1. what nut u like

FUCK i just realized alot of these aren't nuts well idc they look and taste like nuts so they are

10 hours ago, Founders said:

Do you eat the gum wrapper too?

yes gives me a sense of pride, 0 waste, i eat the package too!

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

On 1/7/2020 at 2:15 PM, spartaman64 said:

i like acorns

They taste terrible though. They can be ground and soaked to remove the terrible taste and then drained and dried to make a rather bland nut flour.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

The damn macadamias got me by the nuts

4 hours ago, scuff gang said:

yes gives me a sense of pride, 0 waste, i eat the package too!

What about the receipt of purchase?

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

8 hours ago, Samfisher said:

The damn macadamias got me by the nuts

What about the receipt of purchase?

I use that as toilet paper, I save the toilet paper and then I eat it, get some energy back from my waste ?

AMD blackout rig

6 minutes ago, scuff gang said:

I use that as toilet paper, I save the toilet paper and then I eat it, get some energy back from my waste ?

i eat the toilet

4 minutes ago, redbread123 said:

i eat the toilet

No need for that! 

I let the rats in my house use it as a play thing! 

Brings me so much joy♥️

AMD blackout rig

i think pine nuts are really under rated, they taste fine in small batches don't eat them by the handfuls like me though.

52 minutes ago, redbread123 said:

i think pine nuts are really under rated, they taste fine in small batches don't eat them by the handfuls like me though.

Biggest problem with pine nuts I know of is they generally only come from Italy and they’re wildly expensive 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Almonds

CPU: i9 9900K   Cooler: NH-D15   RAM: Kingston Fury 4 x 8GB 3600MHz CL17   Mobo: ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F   GPU: ASUS 3080 TUF   Case: In Win D-Frame   PSU: Corsair HX850i   Storage: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO NVMe (OS), 500GB Samsung 970 EVO NVMe (Games), 2TB Crucial BX500 SSD (Storage)   Monitor: Samsung Odyssey Neo G9. 

17 minutes ago, MrFixitBlankFace said:

Peanuts.

Preferably salted.

I'm more of a dryroast fan with peanuts myself.  They’re technically beans but someone already brought up cornuts so why not?

Peanut butter is great, and pistachio ice cream is excellent, but if I'm going to eat them by themselves it has to be cashews.

My Current Setup:

AMD Ryzen 5900X

Kingston HyperX Fury 3200mhz 2x16GB

MSI B450 Gaming Plus

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo

EVGA RTX 3060 Ti XC

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB

WD 5400RPM 2TB

EVGA G3 750W

Corsair Carbide 300R

Arctic Fans 140mm x4 120mm x 1

7 hours ago, atxcyclist said:

Peanut butter is great, and pistachio ice cream is excellent, but if I'm going to eat them by themselves it has to be cashews.

i've heard of almond butter but not pistachio cream, but with the taste of pistachios it would be weird with bread imo

On 1/9/2020 at 4:09 AM, Founders said:

Why not, what’s wrong with a hammer? You could also use a nutcracker.

7.99 usd for a nutcracker u w0t m8

CPU: i7 9700K GPU: MSI RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 3000MHz Storage: ADATA SU630 480GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 1TB + WD Blue 1TB PSU: HighPower 80+ Gold 650W Case: Slate MR Mirror Finish OS: Windows 11 Pro Monitor: Dell S2716DGR 27" Mouse: Logitech G300s Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Cherry MX Brown Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III Headset: HyperX Cloud Alpha Microphone: Razer Seiren X

6 minutes ago, WhiteJaguar77 said:

7.99 usd for a nutcracker u w0t m8

Nut crackers generally have to be made for particular kinds of nuts. A hammer cures all ills. Some kinds of nuts actually require a hammer anyway.  Macadamias for one.  Very hard shell. There was some technological innovation in the 1960s involving a rotary screw system which meant macadamias could finally be shelled without a hammer.  Relied on the fact that the nuts are all very nearly exactly the same size.

3 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

But crackers generally have to be made for particular kinds of nuts. A hammer cures all ills. Some kinds of nuts actuall require a hammer anyway.  Macadamias for one.  Very hard shell. There was some technological innovation in the 1960s involving a rotary screw system which meant macadamias could finally be shelled without a hammer.  Relied on the fact that the nuts are all very nearly exactly the same size.

So what's a good one for pistachios. I don't trust myself with a hammer.

CPU: i7 9700K GPU: MSI RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 3000MHz Storage: ADATA SU630 480GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 1TB + WD Blue 1TB PSU: HighPower 80+ Gold 650W Case: Slate MR Mirror Finish OS: Windows 11 Pro Monitor: Dell S2716DGR 27" Mouse: Logitech G300s Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Cherry MX Brown Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III Headset: HyperX Cloud Alpha Microphone: Razer Seiren X

13 minutes ago, WhiteJaguar77 said:

So what's a good one for pistachios. I don't trust myself with a hammer.

Pistachios are another iirc.  There’s a special tech that partially splits the hulls. It doesn’t always work though.  Hammer is the only way if there’s no crack in the shell.  Worse a hammer and a nail driven all the way through a board. You put the nut seam on the sharp nail end and then hit the nut with a hammer.  Kind of like a chisel, but backwards.  The hammer can be very small hat way.  One of those moon generic Christmas gifts was a wooden bowl of nuts with a nut hammer and nut hammer and a nut spike attached to the bowl

I didn't see a selection for Left, so I couldn't vote..... :(

2 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

I didn't see a selection for Left, so I couldn't vote..... :(

You should get in touch with deez then

4 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

You should get in touch with deez then

Your favorite isn't listed either....

Chin nuts! 

4 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

Your favorite section isn't listed either....

Chin nuts! 

I’ve heard of chin music.  Out dated term.  Went looking for a pic of the ballsian from men in black2 but the internet failed me.

3 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

Pistachios are another iirc.  There’s a special tech that partially splits the hulls. It doesn’t always work though.  Hammer is the only way if there’s no crack in the shell.  Worse a hammer and a nail driven all the way through a board. You put the nut seam on the sharp nail end and then hit the nut with a hammer.  Kind of like a chisel, but backwards.  The hammer can be very small hat way.  One of those moon generic Christmas gifts was a wooden bowl of nuts with a nut hammer and nut hammer and a nut spike attached to the bowl

your hands super easy lmao