AMD vs Intel for streaming/recording highest quality videos

HornyFurry

title ^^

AMD vs Intel for streaming/recording highest quality videos ( as in streaming/recording games )

3950x vs i9 9900ks

Are we talking gaming while streaming and recording?

Are these two cpu's you are considering buying or are you just making this thread for no reason because intel vs amd threads are mentioned in the community guidelines

1 minute ago, Den-Fi said:

Are we talking gaming while streaming and recording?

yeah i mean't to say that

Just now, emosun said:

Are these two cpu's you are considering buying or are you just making this thread for no reason because intel vs amd threads are mentioned in the community guidelines

i'm planning to buy a high end cpu not sure if it should be i9 9900ks or ryzen 3950x

4 minutes ago, HornyFurry said:

yeah i mean't to say that

If it were me, I'd go 3900X. Plenty of cores and threads with the likelihood of getting support for 1 last chip upgrade.

We already know Z390 is a dead platform and you won't be able to upgrade to the upcoming 10 core.

Just now, Den-Fi said:

If it were me, I'd go 3900X. Plenty of cores and threads with the likelihood of getting support for 1 last chip upgrade.

We already know Z390 is a dead platform and you won't be able to upgrade to the upcoming 10 core.

why not the 3950x?

1 minute ago, Den-Fi said:

the likelihood of getting support for 1 last chip upgrade.

yeah but if you wanted upgrade paths then buy server hardware not consumer hardware lol

Just now, HornyFurry said:

why not the 3950x?

3900X is just a bit more practical. But hey, if you've got the cash, go for it.

Just now, emosun said:

yeah but if you wanted upgrade paths then buy server hardware not consumer hardware lol

Ok.

3 minutes ago, HornyFurry said:

why not the 3950x?

12cores is enough, plenty for games and streaming.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

you wont use that 64gb, 32 is plenty for now.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

Personally, that is what I use. I'm sure there are faster, lower latency kits... but if you're just going to enable XMP and be off to the races, it's a great kit.

I take it practicality is not the goal here, so I'm not going to bother telling you things are unnecessary lol.

4 minutes ago, Den-Fi said:

I take it practicality is not the goal here, so I'm not going to bother telling you things are unnecessary lol.

That was my build but i'm thinking of streaming/recording games with the highest possible video quality settings not sure if the i9 9900ks can do the job that's why i'm asking what's better because i don't have the experience

But the goal is pretty much a overkill gaming 1080p recording/streaming in highest possible quality build

That was my build but i'm thinking of streaming/recording games with the highest possible video quality settings not sure if the i9 9900ks can do the job that's why i'm asking what's better because i don't have the experience

But the goal is pretty much a overkill build

Ah, then yeah. Slap a 3950X in there and:

168892374002202.gif?c256x256

If you want the highest possible fps you need to use GPU encoding NVENC and use a 9900KS as your CPU.

If you want the highest quality stream you need to use CPU encoding, in which case the 3950X is the better choice because it has more cores.

If you want both at the same time you need to use a dual-PC streaming setup like most professionals do.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

1 minute ago, Enderman said:

If you want the highest possible fps you need to use GPU encoding NVENC and use a 9900KS as your CPU.

If you want the highest quality stream you need to use CPU encoding, in which case the 3950X is the better choice because it has more cores.

If you want both at the same time you need to use a dual-PC streaming setup like most professionals do.

So you think i should stick with this build:

and then use NVENC to record videos? ( will this be able to pull out the best quality video settings as in the highest bit rate and framerate for the videos? )

later on i can just add in a extra streaming computer that does all the streaming correct?

Yeah you can also use shadowplay to record videos, the quality is pretty damn good.

And yeah it will be easy to add a streaming computer later on, just something with a good capture card and CPU.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

6 minutes ago, Enderman said:

Depends on the resolution and what the person is playing.

Just now, KaitouX said:

1080p

6 minutes ago, KaitouX said:

No not really.

720P, 4k, whatever, the 9900KS is the best gaming CPU.

There are very few games out there, like probably less than 10, which have the ability of using more than 16 threads and still getting a performance increase, but then there are also the same amount of games that will get a performance decrease from having more threads.

So overall, unless OP only plays one game and it is in that 0.0001% that benefits from over 16 threads, the 9900KS is the best choice.

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, Enderman said:

No not really.

720P, 4k, whatever, the 9900KS is the best gaming CPU.

There are very few games out there, like probably less than 10, which have the ability of using more than 16 threads and still getting a performance increase, but then there are also the same amount of games that will get a performance decrease from having more threads.

So overall, unless OP only plays one game and it is in that 0.0001% that benefits from over 16 threads, the 9900KS is the best choice.

Do you think the 3950x would be able to pull 144-150+ fps in all games while streaming at highest video fps and bitrate 1080p?

3 minutes ago, HornyFurry said:

Do you think the 3950x would be able to pull 144-150+ fps in all games while streaming at highest video fps and bitrate 1080p?

The fps will depend on the game and the graphics settings, but at 1080p high with a 2080ti it almost certainly will.

Spoiler