Am I the only one who gets upset with cinema's low frame rate?

bejamartins

For a while now it really bugs me when I go to the cinema and watch a movie with low frame rate. I got used not only to higher frame rates in games but all the eye candy TVs offer at home with image interpolation.

I got excited back when The Hobbit came out in higher frame rates, and sad when nobody followed.

And I really can't see a problem with the "soap opera effect". I think higher frame rate requires some cinematography extra polish as higher resolutions did, but the rest of it is just a matter of people getting used to it...

I think the same amount of people who swear by high refresh rate cinema is the same amount as people who swear by 24 frames per second. The vast majority of people are pretty indifferent, but it would cost too much to make the switch for the industry so the status quo stays.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

if your question starts with "Am I the only one who...", 100% of the time the answer will be no.

I dislike high frame rate movies, looks terrible

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

Most movies don't bother me, though faster pans make the frame rate apparent. The introduction in the 2018 Grinch movie was one of the few scenes where the frame rate had stuck out adversely. This was in the theater, so the usual 3:2 judder wasn't present.

My only other problem with 24P is that so many studios stuck with it despite so many TVs only supporting 60hz. Given modern technology, I don't feel going to a 1/60 shutter up from 1/48 would present much of a problem, nor would the 25% increase in file sizes for most workflows, and would be a lot more compatible with low end tv sets.

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…