Is marijuana discussion allowed?

Nine Tailed Fox

It probably is allowed as a status update material but not sure about a thread. EITHER WAY, 3.5 grams of legal potent kush is enough to make jealous.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Dang! 30% THC is high. When I left Canada 6 months ago (I was on the dole for months and needed work) I was already amazed that 24% THC was possible. Legal weed is like $10 a gram right? So that must of been like $40!? 

IMHO, the gray market is so much better. Less packaging and better prices. There’s this site called Cheebas I used to order from. 

The legal market is still evolving. Most legal producers are still shipping somewhat weaker strains. For a long time getting anything above 20% THC was the best you could hope for. I just recently saw some at 26%. Haven’t seen anything stronger in Ontario yet. 

Best to buy in store in Ontario. The OCS website lists strains as a range of potencies (all the same price), and the ranges are stupid. 

You look at something and it’s like “THC: 12-24%”.

Because 12% THC is comparable at all to 24%. 

Their excuse for doing this is because it’s organic and the potency will vary. 

Sure. True. But EVERY BATCH is tested for potency. It’s listed right on the packaging. Their inventory system just sucks. They need a different sku for each sub variation.

So because of that, you’re literally gambling when you buy online. 

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

I'm guessing planting your own is also legal, so maybe you can get seeds for a strain with a high potency, but seeds are expensive..

If you were really bothered, and have the money, you might be able to selectively breed your own potent strain.

Spoiler

Something like this.

10 hours ago, kokakolia said:

Dang! 30% THC is high. When I left Canada 6 months ago (I was on the dole for months and needed work) I was already amazed that 24% THC was possible. Legal weed is like $10 a gram right? So that must of been like $40!? 

IMHO, the gray market is so much better. Less packaging and better prices. There’s this site called Cheebas I used to order from. 

Top shelf stuff like this is usually $55 for 1/8th

11 hours ago, kokakolia said:

MHO, the gray market is so much better.

really, even with the od deaths happening?

too many od's becaue they sprinkle whatever they want into the mix

1 hour ago, dalekphalm said:

You look at something and it’s like “THC: 12-24%”.

seems like a messed up way to do things, as the whole reason to legitimize it is to know precisely what you are getting like a precrip drug

1 hour ago, lewdicrous said:

I'm guessing planting your own is also legal, so maybe you can get seeds for a strain with a high potency, but seeds are expensive..

If you were really bothered, and have the money, you might be able to selectively breed your own potent strain.

Reveal hidden contents

Something like this.

It's legal to grow your own - you can grow up to 4 plants per household - indoor or outdoor - though if it's outdoor, it needs to be in a secure and hidden area not viewable from public areas. Eg: you can't see the plant from the sidewalk.

22 minutes ago, amdorintel said:

seems like a messed up way to do things, as the whole reason to legitimize it is to know precisely what you are getting like a precrip drug

It is a very messed up - and lazy - way to do things.

Yes I understand that they might get 4 shipments from the grower of the exact same strain, and those 4 shipments might have 4 different potencies  - so therefore it should be 4 different SKU's - it's not. It's one SKU for them all.

It's bullshit. I've complained to the OCS directly and to the Ontario Ombudsmen office (the government oversight that regulates the OCS) - and they've given me the BS "But it's organic!" answer every time.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

1 hour ago, amdorintel said:

? I know that you’re probably referring to the THC vape juice sending people to the hospital. But just regular weed is fine with me. And buying it from a source you trust goes without saying. I personally found black market/gray market weed higher quality than legal weed. Legal weed can be very dry, because it’s likely processed for crystals (to make byproducts). 

And I was ordering from Cheebas for years. I just got whatever was on sale. It never disappointed. Gorilla Glue and Green Crack were my favs. I miss that so much, now that I live in France. 

7 minutes ago, kokakolia said:

? I know that you’re probably referring to the THC vape juice sending people to the hospital. But just regular weed is fine with me. And buying it from a source you trust goes without saying. I personally found black market/gray market weed higher quality than legal weed. Legal weed can be very dry, because it’s likely processed for crystals (to make byproducts). 

And I was ordering from Cheebas for years. I just got whatever was on sale. It never disappointed. Gorilla Glue and Green Crack were my favs. I miss that so much, now that I live in France. 

Can you grow marijuana yourselves? I thought it is just plant.

Sudo make me a sandwich 

6 minutes ago, kokakolia said:

The dryness largely comes from age; it simply sits around for a lot longer than weed you buy from the guy you know through a friend of a friend.

You look at production batches and they can be months old by the time they hit the store.

In Canada, at least, the stuff you get from the shop is starting to get cheaper, and is of better quality than the stuff you can get from a dealer. Dealers (of weed only) are also starting to sell less and less, as the penalty is way, way higher than it was before if you get caught.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

1 hour ago, kokakolia said:

I can tell you that the legal stuff I've seen had PLENTY of kief and crystals still on the buds. They're just super dry because they sit in a warehouse for a long time.

Also, there have been confirmed cases of dealers lacing weed with Fentanyl. It's not common at all, but it has happened.

Furthermore we have no idea what kind of pesticides or chemicals a black market grower is going to use.

1 hour ago, dizmo said:

The dryness largely comes from age; it simply sits around for a lot longer than weed you buy from the guy you know through a friend of a friend.

You look at production batches and they can be months old by the time they hit the store.

In Canada, at least, the stuff you get from the shop is starting to get cheaper, and is of better quality than the stuff you can get from a dealer. Dealers (of weed only) are also starting to sell less and less, as the penalty is way, way higher than it was before if you get caught.

Yep - it'll take time for the black market to shrink - I doubt it'll ever go away, but it'll get to the point where it's just more convenient to hop over to the local Cannabis shop.

The main problem in Ontario is the disaster of a roll-out that the PC Government had.

The previous Liberal Government was planning on doing a Government Run monopoly called the Ontario Cannabis Store, operated by the LCBO. They already had leases in place, and were ready to open 40 stores day one, province wide, with 100 more stores after a year.

Then they lost the election, PC's went all "FREE MARKET!" on people and ditched the OCS model... but only kind of. First, they limited sales to online only (still run by the OCS) for the first 6 months of legalization. Then, they only approved 25 stores (25 - after 6 months) with licenses. And, on top of that, because it was a random lottery to the potentially hundreds of applicants, not all 25 stores were even ready to open.

And now, they've only just added a few more licenses. I live in a region with over half a million people, and there's still not a single store here. The closest one is over 45 minutes away.

Oh, and the whole free market private businesses? They have to buy from the OCS anyway, who acts as a monopoly wholesaler to every private store in Ontario.

10 hours ago, wasab said:

Can you grow marijuana yourselves? I thought it is just plant.

I tried some home grown weed in a tiny town in NB. It looks weird. It’s not very good either. It’s a bit like making pizza at home vs ordering. Homemade pizza is always inferior, because you need a good dough and a really hot oven. 

On 12/22/2019 at 10:26 PM, kokakolia said:

It's super cheap her in Oregon...

I could probably pick up 30-35% thx for 20-25 a gram, a gram of mids here is like $5.

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

14 hours ago, amdorintel said:

Haven't heard of any od's In the States, any article links?

AMD blackout rig

1 hour ago, kokakolia said:

I tried some home grown weed in a tiny town in NB. It looks weird. It’s not very good either. It’s a bit like making pizza at home vs ordering. Homemade pizza is always inferior, because you need a good dough and a really hot oven.

It also takes a green thumb... It is after all a very complicated plant and you need to understand how it grows and processes nutrients and fertilizers in order to grow good bud.

AMD blackout rig