ARCTIC Accelero Xtreme IV VGA Cooler For Hawaii and GK110

TOMPPIX

The ARCTIC Accelero Xtreme IV would be the latest addition in ARCTIC’s VGA Cooling lineup which is similar to the Xtreme III but offers compatibility with several new graphics cards and features an additional baseplate. The rest of the specifications are kept same which include a 84-fin heatsink with 5 copper heatpipes which comes pre-applied with MX-4 thermal compound and is cooled down by three 92mm PWM controlled fans which allow upto 300W of cooling performance. The heatsink measures 288 (L) x 103 (W) x 50 (H) mm requiring at least three free expansion slots for installation.

ARCTIC-Accelero-Xtreme-IV.jpg

5 premium quality copper heatpipes and the award-winning MX-4 thermal compound (pre-applied) conduct heat from the GPU efficiently to the 84-fin aluminum heatsink, meanwhile, the three 92mm PWM fans create massive airflow to bring unparallelled cooling performance, even when higher performance is required under overclocked conditions. ARCTIC The ARCTIC Accelero Xtreme IV’s PCB and memory reinforcement plate helps reduce heat and offers additional cooling to the electrical components on the beefy Hawaii and GK110 based graphics cards. Users who have been waiting for custom coolers for their Hawaii graphics cards (Radeon R9 290X and Radeon R9 290) should check out the new heatsink once its available in the market to enhance their GPU cooling to reduce frame variance which was is an issue with the reference designs. Following is the GPU compatibility list of the ARCTIC Accelero Xtreme IV cooler

R9 290 (X), R9 280 (X), 270 (X), HD 7870, 7850, 6970, 6950, 6870, 6850, 6790, 5870, 5850, 5830, 4890, 4870, 4850, 4830, 3870, 3850

GTX Titan, 780, 770, 680 *, 670 *, 660Ti, 580, 570, 560 SE, 560Ti, 560, 550Ti, 9800 GTX +, 9800 GTX, 9800 GT, 9600 GT

How well does this perform compared to the more traditional aftermarket coolers?

This vs NZXT G10 + other AiOs = a great comparison video. Any plans @LinusTech?

[spoiler=My Current PC]AMD FX-8320 @ 4.2 Ghz | Xigmatek Dark Knight Night Hawk II | Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 | 8GB Adata XPG V2 Silver 1600 Mhz RAM | Gigabyte 3X Windforce GTX 770 4GB @ 1.27 Ghz/7.25 Ghz | Rosewill Hive 550W Bronze PSU | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | Samsung Evo 250 GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | ASUS VS239H-P | Razer Deathadder 2013 Partlist

LTT Build-Off Thread: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/35226-the-ltt-build-off-thread-no-building-required/

I am really interested to see how the after market coolers do with the 290 and 290X cause atm there is no way I can whole heartedly recommend that GPU to anyone tbh

Never trust a man, who, when left alone with a tea cosey... Doesn't try it on. Billy Connolly
Marriage is a wonderful invention: then again, so is a bicycle repair kit. Billy Connolly
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. Billy Connolly

This vs NZXT G10 + other AiOs = a great comparison video. Any plans @LinusTech?

This will probably be better than the G10 as it cools the VRAM better. The G10 is crap for a high end GPU as it doesn't do anything for the other components on the card. I hope they bring out a G20 or something that has a heatsinks extending from the rest of the PCB and a better fan so the VRAM is cooled better. There was a review I read where they used a heat sensor camera to see the temps of the back of the card. With the G10 the back got upto a possibility of 100C on the back of the PCB.

http://www.pugetsystems.com/labs/articles/NZXT-Kraken-G10-Review-527/

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

This will probably be better than the G10 as it cools the VRAM better. The G10 is crap for a high end GPU as it doesn't do anything for the other components on the card. I hope they bring out a G20 or something that has a heatsinks extending from the rest of the PCB and a better fan so the VRAM is cooled better. There was a review I read where they used a heat sensor camera to see the temps of the back of the card. With the G10 the back got upto a possibility of 100C on the back of the PCB.

http://www.pugetsystems.com/labs/articles/NZXT-Kraken-G10-Review-527/

they won't,the g10 wasn't even their idea in the first place,so I doubt they've even thought about improving it.

and the basic idea came from DWood (user on OC forum),he was selling brackets for I think 2-3 years before the G10 came out.

a11bf763_900x900px-LL-979e6102_personali

Really glad that the Accelero cooler is getting a unisink,wonder if it'll extend to the lower end Arctic heatsinks as well.

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

Add another 3 fans and some liquid nitrogen and it should be able to keep the temps down on the R9 290X :P  Kidding, I used the Xtreme III on a 6950 for years and it was great. Much more efficient than the original aftermarket cooler and MUCH quieter.

| Currently no gaming rig | Dell XPS 13 (9343) |

| Samsung Galaxy Note5 | Gear VR | Nvidia Shield Tab | Xbox One |

Does anyone know why i should buy this instead of the extreme 3? Does it cool the vram better? is it cheaper? extreme 3 had a capacity of 450 w cooling. this is only 300. Why should i get this?

they won't,the g10 wasn't even their idea in the first place,so I doubt they've even thought about improving it.

and the basic idea came from DWood (user on OC forum),he was selling brackets for I think 2-3 years before the G10 came out.

Really glad that the Accelero cooler is getting a unisink,wonder if it'll extend to the lower end Arctic heatsinks as well.

Well they should update the G10 as it is a problem that needs to be solved.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

I am really interested to see how the after market coolers do with the 290 and 290X cause atm there is no way I can whole heartedly recommend that GPU to anyone tbh

I have the Xtreme III on my R9 290 (see my galleries) and it keeps the GPU at 81°C in Furmark with the lowest fan speeds.

THIS SIGNATURE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

I have the Xtreme III on my R9 290 (see my galleries) and it keeps the GPU at 81°C in Furmark with the lowest fan speeds.

If you've got the fans on 7volt mode I'd be careful and check your VRM temps, Tom's had issues with the VRM running in excess of 100c, and during a Furmark run yours would've got alot hotter. 

AMD Ryzen 5900x, Nvidia RTX 3080 (MSI Gaming X-trio), ASrock X570 Extreme4, 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB @ 3200mhz CL16, Corsair MP600 1TB, Intel 660P 1TB, Corsair HX1000, Corsair 680x, Corsair H100i Platinum

Does anyone know why i should buy this instead of the extreme 3? Does it cool the vram better? is it cheaper? extreme 3 had a capacity of 450 w cooling. this is only 300. Why should i get this?

the unisink is one good reason.The larger surface area due to the single unisink theoretically provides better cooling that multiple very small heatsinks.

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

If you've got the fans on 7volt mode I'd be careful and check your VRM temps, Tom's had issues with the VRM running in excess of 100c, and during a Furmark run yours would've got alot hotter. 

In Furmark my VRMs go up to 127°C, while in Battlefield 3 and Bioshock Infinite they never exceed 71°C. So I kind of accept the Furmark temps without being happy about them ...

THIS SIGNATURE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

How well does this perform compared to the more traditional aftermarket coolers?

aftermarked coolers are almost always better, I am running a gelid icyvision and it runs about 5-10 degrees cooler

they are complicated to install though

Desktop:ryzen 5 3600 | MSI b45m bazooka | EVGA 650w Icoolermaster masterbox nr400 |16 gb ddr4  corsiar lpx| Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1070ti |500GB SSD+2TB SSHD, 2tb seagate barracuda [OS/games/mass storage] | HpZR240w 1440p led logitech g502 proteus spectrum| Coolermaster quick fire pro cherry mx  brown |

• 2 weeks later...

I would imagine it performs like the Gigabyte Windforce cooler. Eg. it's the best cooler you can get on a GPU. Unless you go water.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

I would imagine it performs like the Gigabyte Windforce cooler. Eg. it's the best cooler you can get on a GPU. Unless you go water.

It performs somewhat better than the gigabyte. More heatsink, bigger fans. Just overall larger.

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

• 2 months later...

I have this cooler and im not happy to fit it as it has no direct cooling for the RAM and VRM , instead it has a large rear heatsink with thermal pads that supposedly cool the RAM and VRM through the PCB .

Its a real problem as being on the other side of the pond , i can't find anybody that has Ram/VRM heatsinks in stock  .