What is the normal temperature of CPU and GPU

So, i have a cpu and gpu temperature is around 70c+ . Is that normal?

Ryzen 5 2600 / MSI B350 Tomahawk / GALAX RTX 2060 6GB (1-Click OC) / Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666Mhz 8x2GB / ADATA SX6000 LITE 512 M.2 NVME / KLEVV 128 GB SATA / Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200rpm / Seasonic Focus Gold 550W / Tecware Nexus C

Upgrade Plan: CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 RAM: GSkill TridentZ RGB 3200MHz/3600MHz MB: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX

Yes.

Of course it depends on the GPU and CPU you have and of course also the ambient temps and cooling situation..

But 70 degrees C is kind of the expected amount in most scenarios.

What is it nowadays with so many people asking about temps..? o.O

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

1 minute ago, minibois said:

Global warming.

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

1 minute ago, minibois said:

Yes.

Of course it depends on the GPU and CPU you have and of course also the ambient temps and cooling situation..

But 70 degrees C is kind of the expected amount in most scenarios.

its full load tho

Ryzen 5 2600 / MSI B350 Tomahawk / GALAX RTX 2060 6GB (1-Click OC) / Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666Mhz 8x2GB / ADATA SX6000 LITE 512 M.2 NVME / KLEVV 128 GB SATA / Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200rpm / Seasonic Focus Gold 550W / Tecware Nexus C

Upgrade Plan: CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 RAM: GSkill TridentZ RGB 3200MHz/3600MHz MB: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX

2 minutes ago, XandersWithS said:

its full load tho

Yea, I assumed so far :P 

Although I still don't know the full context of your build and such.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

2 minutes ago, XandersWithS said:

its full load tho

It would be definitely concerning if it was 70°C at idle but it's completely normal for full load regardless of your CPU and cooling system.

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

17 minutes ago, minibois said:

i wonder if he will respond with his full build and the full context if you ask directly and in bigger letters rather than giving him a hint that he should give them to you.

Anything i've written between the * and * is not meant to be taken seriously.

keep in mind that helping with problems is hard if you aren't specific and detailed.

i'm also not a professional, (yet) so make sure to personally verify important information as i could be wrong.

11 minutes ago, flashiling said:

i wonder if he will respond with his full build and the full context if you ask directly and in bigger letters rather than giving him a hint that he should give them to you.

I already said in my first post if this is ok depends on the CPU, GPU ambient and cooling.

'put as much effort in your question as you want in the answers', I'm not gonna beg for full context.

So if OP wants a full clear answer, I could only provide it with the full context. 

2 hours ago, minibois said:

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600 with stock cooler

GPU : GALAX RTX 2060 1 click oc (non oc)

with case Tecware Nexus C 

- my computer place near fan, not air conditioner. with AC it dropped 8-10c.

I dont know what happened to my pc. Some games like csgo its dropped so much than my previous setup. So i thought this is gpu problem (heat) or i dont know anymore. 

This temperature question refers to my pc problem. Sorry for not telling much about it

9 minutes ago, XandersWithS said:

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600 with stock cooler

GPU : GALAX RTX 2060 1 click oc (non oc)

with case Tecware Nexus C 

- my computer place near fan, not air conditioner. with AC it dropped 8-10c.

I dont know what happened to my pc. Some games like csgo its dropped so much than my previous setup. So i thought this is gpu problem (heat) or i dont know anymore. 

70 degrees is totally normal to see on this system. Nothing to worry about there.

CS:GO is quite a CPU heavy game, so your GPU is probably not doing too much in that scenario. Is your memory running at a high speed? You can see this task manager. Go to Performance > Memory > bottom right it should have 'speed'. Double that and you have the speed the memory runs at.

Your memory is probably running at somewhere between 2133Mhz and 3200Mhz and you would want it to be at the higher end of that scale. If it's not running at a high speed, you may get stuttering and such in game.

My CPU is a bit older than yours, thus I should have worse fps.

Two weeks ago I upgraded my GPU, so I recorded some benchmark numbers too. At 4K, mostly medium settings on Mirage I got 170fps average (with a worse GPU than you have) and now I got 186fps average (with a better GPU than you have now). My memory is running at 2666Mhz, by the way.

Are your CS:GO fps numbers looking something like that? 

If you want to test out your PC further, I would suggest running a 'canned' benchmark, like 3DMark to get a good view of what your current performance looks like. There is a demo for this program on Steam that features 2 widely used benchmarks which you can run for free, to determine if your PC is running the way it should.

These should give you an idea of what kind of performance (scores) you should be expecting:

Timespy: https://www.3dmark.com/spy/6391301

FireStrike: https://www.3dmark.com/fs/18700126

20 minutes ago, XandersWithS said:

This temperature question refers to my pc problem. Sorry for not telling much about it

Nah, it's not your fault. I kinda lashed out because I was annoyed by people just being unhelpfully being annoying to me, like that other dude was.

3 minutes ago, minibois said:

70 degrees is totally normal to see on this system. Nothing to worry about there.

CS:GO is quite a CPU heavy game, so your GPU is probably not doing too much in that scenario. Is your memory running at a high speed? You can see this task manager. Go to Performance > Memory > bottom right it should have 'speed'. Double that and you have the speed the memory runs at.

Your memory is probably running at somewhere between 2133Mhz and 3200Mhz and you would want it to be at the higher end of that scale. If it's not running at a high speed, you may get stuttering and such in game.

My CPU is a bit older than yours, thus I should have worse fps.

Two weeks ago I upgraded my GPU, so I recorded some benchmark numbers too. At 4K, mostly medium settings on Mirage I got 170fps average (with a worse GPU than you have) and now I got 186fps average (with a better GPU than you have now). My memory is running at 2666Mhz, by the way.

Are your CS:GO fps numbers looking something like that? 

If you want to test out your PC further, I would suggest running a 'canned' benchmark, like 3DMark to get a good view of what your current performance looks like. There is a demo for this program on Steam that features 2 widely used benchmarks which you can run for free, to determine if your PC is running the way it should.

These should give you an idea of what kind of performance (scores) you should be expecting:

Timespy: https://www.3dmark.com/spy/6391301

FireStrike: https://www.3dmark.com/fs/18700126

Nah, it's not your fault. I kinda lashed out because I was annoyed by people just being unhelpfully being annoying to me, like that other dude was.

I already use afterburner too. to check my usage. Because thats not a heavy game, i dont know cpu not work with his full power.

3DMark score was same with other setup (300 score different). My ram runs at 2666Mhz 8x2. Dust 2 i got 250 but when i moving it can dropped to 180 then 150 then 120. I dont know thats maybe from the game (After update). Forza very smooth gameplay. R6S It can reach 200 fps sometimes but its around 150fps. I thought different situation can affect fps. The things that confused me is its kinda dropped when i go to the another place tho. I think im too expecting so much to this Gpu upgrade.

sagiri is cute waifu. that aside though i have noticed alot of people asking temps on this stuff lmao and ill say this same thing from last thread.. cpu has max of 95C obviously not a temp ya want but it wont care being at 70 any. as for gpu well mine gets to 85 to 90C on a good day bwahah.

6 minutes ago, Giffany said:

sagiri is cute waifu. that aside though i have noticed alot of people asking temps on this stuff lmao and ill say this same thing from last thread.. cpu has max of 95C obviously not a temp ya want but it wont care being at 70 any. as for gpu well mine gets to 85 to 90C on a good day bwahah.

oh thanks lol. Only my bad habits. When something isnt right, i always ask a strange things. Sorry about that

Just now, XandersWithS said:

oh thanks lol. Only my bad habits. When something isnt right, i always ask a strange things. Sorry about that

its all good it happens. unlike the past the newer hardware at least is more resilient to heat. the older stuff would just over heat burn to the ground (quite literally due to no protections aha)

14 minutes ago, XandersWithS said:

I already use afterburner too. to check my usage. Because thats not a heavy game, i dont know cpu not work with his full power.

3DMark score was same with other setup (300 score different). My ram runs at 2666Mhz 8x2. Dust 2 i got 250 but when i moving it can dropped to 180 then 150 then 120. I dont know thats maybe from the game (After update). Forza very smooth gameplay. R6S It can reach 200 fps sometimes but its around 150fps. I thought different situation can affect fps. The things that confused me is its kinda dropped when i go to the another place tho. I think im too expecting so much to this Gpu upgrade.

already tried that. My graphic score is around 7.3k then 5.6 cpu. CPU is different mhz :/ but thanks

17 minutes ago, XandersWithS said:

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/41996841?

22 minutes ago, Giffany said:

cpu has max of 95C obviously not a temp

AFAIK for Zen/Zen+ you want to stay at 85C or below. Same for Haswell-E (which I run) and some other HEDT stuff. Usual range for CPUs is 85-95C depending on make/model/arch/platform. GPUs you also want to keep below 85C for any newer stuff, much hotter isn't really good for the card. Older cards seem to stay kicking even after hitting 90-100C regularly though. 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

9 minutes ago, Zando Bob said:

AFAIK for Zen/Zen+ you want to stay at 85C or below. Same for Haswell-E (which I run) and some other HEDT stuff. Usual range for CPUs is 85-95C depending on make/model/arch/platform. GPUs you also want to keep below 85C for any newer stuff, much hotter isn't really good for the card. Older cards seem to stay kicking even after hitting 90-100C regularly though. 

indeed. but those models can do 95 max says on the spec sheets but i do encourage them being way lower though. 2700x is 85 but the 2600 models seem to be 95. my gpu well i could careless what it hits at it usually never stays sustained at those temps but will normally be 75 to 82 at most but why i said on a good day could be as far as above eheh.