Spec

I52400

Gtx 1650

8gb

20191206_201111.jpg

20191206_093049.jpg

7 minutes ago, Dinesh1 said:

It crash every few hours

Could be anything -- your CPU, GPU, RAM, some random crap you've installed. Try downclocking them all and see if it still happens. If it does, you could e.g. try reinstalling Windows without all the crap you seem to have installed at the moment and see if it still crashes.

As for making it run better, check e.g. Hardware Unboxed's optimization-guides on Youtube.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

Make sure you run it in FULLSCREEN mode and not in borderless...for me it fixed the crashing...but you have to go in the option menu and manually

put it in full screen every time you play cause the game doesn't remember this setting for some reason.

AND BTW your specs don't even meet the minimum specs for this game so if you're getting 30 to 50FPS on medium settings at 1080p it's actually

quite good IMHO...

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

13 minutes ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

Make sure you run it in FULLSCREEN mode and not in borderless...for me it fixed the crashing...but you have to go in the option menu and manually

put it in full screen every time you play cause the game doesn't remember this setting for some reason.

AND BTW your specs don't even meet the minimum specs for this game so if you're getting 30 to 50FPS on medium settings at 1080p it's actually

quite good IMHO...

I thought i get 60

5 hours ago, Dinesh1 said:

It crash every few hours And i only get 30 to 50fps on 1080p med

Lots of people are experiencing crashing with the Steam version since it's only been out for 1 day now.

Play the game for 15 minutes. Then record a 1 minute clip of your game play. Make sure you are showing things in MSI Afterburner. Temps, CPU usage, CPU clock speed, RAM usage, VRAM usage, GPU usage, all that good stuff. Make sure you're playing in the resolution that you've been crashing in. And that your hardware is set to the same speeds you're crashing in.

Oh, and show all of your settings before the 1 minute gameplay clip. And try to be in an area of the game where you experience crashing.

Check if your RDR2 copy is on build 1207, that's the latest and probably the most stable version of RDR2

I played the game for over a month now (I'm a R* launcher buyer), and IMO the build which suffers most crashes is 1205 or 06 something, I crashed every 5 or 10 minutes into the game and it was so annoying that NVIDIA had to release driver version 441.34 and R* issued 2 patches to fix the damn game. And after they issue the 1207, I can play this game for hours and hours with no crashes, no stutters and constant 60 fps all the time.

If you are on the latest version already, run Afterburner and give us all the data on CPU, GPU, RAM usage, temps, clock speed... at the time where it crashes

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K 8C/16T @ 5.2GHz All Cores -- CPU Cooler: EK AIO 360 D-RGB 

Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX Z490-F Gaming -- RAM: G-Skill Trident Z 32GB (16x2) DDR4-3000 

SSD#1: Samsung PM981 256GB -- HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB -- GPU: ASUS TUF GAMING RTX 3080 10GB OC MSI GTX 1070 Duke

PSU: FSP Hydro G Pro 850W -- Case: Corsair 275R Airflow Black

Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG27AQ 1440p 165Hz -- Keyboard: Ducky Shine 7 Cherry MX Brown -- Mouse: Logitech G304 K/DA Limited Edition

Phone: iPhone 12 Pro Max 256GB

Headphones: Sony WH-1000XM4 / Apple AirPods 2

Laptop: MacBook Air 2020 M1 8-core CPU / 7-core GPU | 8GB RAM | 256GB SSD

TV: LG B9 OLED TV | Sony HT-X9000F Soundbar

4 hours ago, SeraphicWings said:

I played the game for over a month now

He's using the newly released latest Steam version. Multiple gamers have submitted reviews saying its crashing. Until it is fixed, seeing what his hardware is doing would help.

11 hours ago, WereCatf said:

Could be anything -- your CPU, GPU, RAM, some random crap you've installed. Try downclocking them all and see if it still happens. If it does, you could e.g. try reinstalling Windows without all the crap you seem to have installed at the moment and see if it still crashes.

As for making it run better, check e.g. Hardware Unboxed's optimization-guides on Youtube.

Removing oc helped

10 hours ago, Intransigent said:

Lots of people are experiencing crashing with the Steam version since it's only been out for 1 day now.

Play the game for 15 minutes. Then record a 1 minute clip of your game play. Make sure you are showing things in MSI Afterburner. Temps, CPU usage, CPU clock speed, RAM usage, VRAM usage, GPU usage, all that good stuff. Make sure you're playing in the resolution that you've been crashing in. And that your hardware is set to the same speeds you're crashing in.

Oh, and show all of your settings before the 1 minute gameplay clip. And try to be in an area of the game where you experience crashing.

Removing oc helped

28 minutes ago, Intransigent said:

On what, CPU? You at 3.1 GHz now?

No gpu oc remover

Cpu at stock

18 minutes ago, Dinesh1 said:

No gpu oc remover Cpu at stock

Oh okay, well that explains some things. GPU OC's can commonly cause crashing. You have to do stress tests if you plan to OC your GPU to avoid those.

9 minutes ago, Intransigent said:

Oh okay, well that explains some things. GPU OC's can commonly cause crashing. You have to do stress tests if you plan to OC your GPU to avoid those.

But other games run fine with oc

6 minutes ago, Dinesh1 said:

But other games run fine with oc

Then that may not have fixed it. Could still crash. If you'll record a game play clip, the least I could do is see what your hardware is actually doing until people confirm what's causing the crashes with the Steam version of the game.

If possible, don't record the clip with your PC itself. Because that's going to use up CPU usage. Try using a phone or camera of some sort. Also try to set it on something so it doesn't move.

On 12/6/2019 at 9:42 AM, Dinesh1 said:

And i only get 30 to 50fps on 1080p med

Spec

I52400

Gtx 1650

8gb

Um, your CPU is below the minimum requirement, I would pick up a cheap good i7, or a xeon of similar performance, this way you can better FPS stability.

Gaming With a 4:3 CRT

System specs below

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5700X with a Noctua NH-U9S cooler 
Motherboard: Gigabyte B450 Aorus M (Because it was cheap)
RAM: 32GB (4 x 8GB) Corsair Vengance LPX 3200Mhz CL16
GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC Blower Card
HDD: 7200RPM TOSHIBA DT01ACA100 1TB, External HDD: 5400RPM 2TB WD My Passport
SSD: 1tb Samsung 970 evo m.2 nvme
PSU: Corsair CX650M
Displays: ViewSonic VA2012WB LCD 1680x1050p @ 75Hz
Gateway VX920 CRT: 1920x1440@65Hz, 1600x1200@75Hz, 1200x900@100Hz, 960x720@125Hz
Gateway VX900 CRT: 1920x1440@64Hz, 1600x1200@75Hz, 1200x900@100Hz, 960x720@120Hz (Can be pushed to 175Hz)

Keyboard: Thermaltake eSPORTS MEKA PRO with Cherry MX Red switches

59 minutes ago, MadAnt250 said:

Um, your CPU is below the minimum requirement, I would pick up a cheap good i7, or a xeon of similar performance, this way you can better FPS stability.

Just going for playable frame rates doesn't require an upgrade. All he needs for better stability is more RAM as the game likes to use up and over 10-11 GB's of RAM. The crashing has been happening to thousands of people with the Steam version as it has not even been out 48 hours yet.

The January 2011 Sandy Bridge i5-2500K is the minimum CPU which clocks at 3.3-3.4 GHz without overclocking it.

The January 2011 Sandy Bridge i5-2400 clocks at 3.1-3.2 GHz without overclocking it.

0.2 GHz is only a 5-6% loss in performance. Give or take of course. Which translates to around something like this...

30 fps - 1.5-1.8 fps loss

40 fps - 2.0-2.4 fps loss

50 fps - 2.5-3.0 fps loss

60 fps - 3.0-3.6 fps loss

Always take minimum specs with a grain of salt. Hell, take my advice with a grain of salt. I'm only providing an educated guess as I don't even own the game nor his hardware. But I'm very familiar with running games with hardware under minimum specs at very playable frame rates using respectable graphic settings.

Hopefully the game will be better optimized over time or at least gamers will find culprits to the crashing.

16 hours ago, Intransigent said:

Just going for playable frame rates doesn't require an upgrade. All he needs for better stability is more RAM as the game likes to use up and over 10-11 GB's of RAM. The crashing has been happening to thousands of people with the Steam version as it has not even been out 48 hours yet.

Yes you are right but, I was just off topic making a suggestion for a cheap upgrade that will help in the game, I guess should have specified that. 

Gaming With a 4:3 CRT

System specs below

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5700X with a Noctua NH-U9S cooler 
Motherboard: Gigabyte B450 Aorus M (Because it was cheap)
RAM: 32GB (4 x 8GB) Corsair Vengance LPX 3200Mhz CL16
GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC Blower Card
HDD: 7200RPM TOSHIBA DT01ACA100 1TB, External HDD: 5400RPM 2TB WD My Passport
SSD: 1tb Samsung 970 evo m.2 nvme
PSU: Corsair CX650M
Displays: ViewSonic VA2012WB LCD 1680x1050p @ 75Hz
Gateway VX920 CRT: 1920x1440@65Hz, 1600x1200@75Hz, 1200x900@100Hz, 960x720@125Hz
Gateway VX900 CRT: 1920x1440@64Hz, 1600x1200@75Hz, 1200x900@100Hz, 960x720@120Hz (Can be pushed to 175Hz)

Keyboard: Thermaltake eSPORTS MEKA PRO with Cherry MX Red switches

Is your GPU overclocked?

I had frequent and random crashes, and couldn't get into Online (crash on character creation screen every time), until a guy on reddit told me he fixed it by clocking the GPU back to factory settings. I did that and it solved crashing issues for me.

As for performance, I don't know why it's so bad for you. I have Ryzen 1600x and GTX 1070 and play on medium most stuff, ultra textures, and it runs in the 50-75 fps range depending on where I am in 1080p. I have noticed that water quality dramatically affects performance when you're near water, and I keep it at medium. 

Also, I use Directx12, so maybe that helps. 

Of course, it goes without saying that you should install the newest GPU drivers and update BIOS. 

Ryzen 1600x @4GHz

Asus GTX 1070 8GB @1900MHz

16 GB HyperX DDR4 @3000MHz

Asus Prime X370 Pro

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB

Noctua NH-U14S

Seasonic M12II 620W

+ four different mechanical drives.

2 hours ago, MadAnt250 said:

Yes you are right but, I was just off topic making a suggestion for a cheap upgrade that will help in the game, I guess should have specified that.

While that is a decent suggestion for older titles or for recording/streaming games and other multi-tasking/stability benefits, the upgrade path for his motherboard for a cheap i7 or Xeon won't make much of a difference in RDR2 if his RAM is still sitting at 8GB.

Now if his motherboard allowed overclocking say a K i7, sure, it might squeeze out better performance. Either way, his RAM will still also need an upgrade. Much cheaper and easier to just add an 8GB stick of RAM to his current build for $25.00 to $30.00 brand new or $15.00 to $20.00 used.

Having just 8GB of RAM in RDR2 is just not going to cut it in the stability department. Especially just the DDR3-1333/1600 speed RAM his motherboard allows.

8GB RAM isnt enough for modern Titles.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO