New PC Build and can't choose a case. Help!!!!

EmpressNovaDyne

Ok, first off I am wanting to build a new AMD system. I also would like to go liquid cooled but lack the experience to do so myself and will probably stick with AIO CPU for sure, I haven't quite decided on the GPU yet or not. I would like to get a Mid or more likely a Full Size Tower. I like the newer designed cases that looks sleek and visible, however none that I can find have external drive bays. I know they aren't really practical anymore, but I would like to have the at least 1 anyway. I would like it for a hot swap bay for creating system backups. I would also like to have USB 3.1 on the io panel up front. I have been looking at cases and reviews on them for days now and just feel completely overwhelmed. 

Go with an NZXT case either the h710 or h510 they are great streamline cases and easy to build in, be careful on the prices though as they can be expensive i managed to pick up a h510 for around £50 for my first build and it was great, good luck building!

That external drive bay and USB 3.1 kinda limits you.  You’ll need a case designed long enough ago that it has an external 5 1/4” bay but new and high end enough that it also has front panel USB 3.1

have you tried pcpartpicker?  You can load your requirements into it in the “filters” section and it will spit out all the cases it knows about that have them as well as finding prices for them.

If you want to make it complicated to maybe save some cash:

Going cheapo (which is a weakness of mine) one possibility is to find one which has no USB  3.1 BUT also has a front panel 3.5” bay.  They make these port adapter bays for 3.5” that will have a passel of SD card slots and a few USB ports.  If you can find one of those with the kind of USB you want you can do it that way.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Lian li lancool 2 is pretty cool and there are add-ons for USB c and hot swappable drive AFAIK. Not sure about cooling capacity since there are no great reviews out last time I checked, I know gamers nexus should be working on one.

PSU tier list // Motherboard tier list // Community Standards 

My System:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 3600, Gigabyte RTX 3060TI Gaming OC ProFractal Design Meshify C TG, 2x8GB G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200MHz, MSI B450 Gaming Plus MaxSamsung 850 EVO 512GB, 2TB WD BlueCorsair RM850x, LG 27GL83A-B

1 hour ago, EmpressNovaDyne said:

Ok, first off I am wanting to build a new AMD system. I also would like to go liquid cooled but lack the experience to do so myself and will probably stick with AIO CPU for sure, I haven't quite decided on the GPU yet or not. I would like to get a Mid or more likely a Full Size Tower. I like the newer designed cases that looks sleek and visible, however none that I can find have external drive bays. I know they aren't really practical anymore, but I would like to have the at least 1 anyway. I would like it for a hot swap bay for creating system backups. I would also like to have USB 3.1 on the io panel up front. I have been looking at cases and reviews on them for days now and just feel completely overwhelmed. 

The Corsair 678C sounds like it should work for you.  5.25" Drive Bay and USB 3.1 on the front IO are included with the case.  It's one of our newer cases, and has a fairly sleek design with a large tempered glass side panel on a hinge, so it's pretty easy to work on and show off your build.  If you have any questions, just let me know.

Looking for more details about a product, or experiencing technical issues?  Visit our support page below, and one of our Technical Support staff can help you out:

https://support.corsair.com/

2 hours ago, EmpressNovaDyne said:

Fractal Design Define R6

be quiet! Dark base pro 900 rev 2

Coolermaster Mastercase MC500M (requires removal of that front plate, but I'd recommend leaving that off anyways)

Corsair Carbide 678C

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

23 hours ago, Cypher-Jackson said:

There a reason you need full size? Mid-sized is already gigantic

Not really, just room for dependability if I do decide to do a full custom liquid build.