Is my first time build good enough?

lol, if you want you could geta 8320/8350 and with the extra money you could get something like a 780ti.

Wanna hang out with me and people like @Theslsamg, @ Ssoele, @BENTHEREN, @Lanoi, @Whiskers, @_ASSASSIN_, @Looney, @WunderWuffle, and @nsyedhasan. Well.... Check out: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/48484-unofficial-linustechtips-teamschnitzel-server-teamspeak/

Good enough! Thats amazing! But I would get a WD Blue not a green because the Green has really no benefit and is super slow

Hope I could help!

Specs: CPU: AMD FX-8320 @4.0ghz GPU: ASUS DCUII GTX 770 PSU: EVGA Supernova 750g CASE: Fractal Define R4 RAM: 8 Gigabytes ADATA 1333 Mhz MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3

Looks good. 

I might consider different fans than the Spectre pros though. 

Error: 410

lol, if you want you could geta 8320/8350 and with the extra money you could get something like a 780ti.

4770k will blow away those both, and Budget obviously isn't an issue here

Hope I could help!

Specs: CPU: AMD FX-8320 @4.0ghz GPU: ASUS DCUII GTX 770 PSU: EVGA Supernova 750g CASE: Fractal Define R4 RAM: 8 Gigabytes ADATA 1333 Mhz MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3

What's the system being used for? 

This belongs in the New Builds and Planning section. I'm moving the thread.
Please post in the correct sub-forum in the future.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

It's going to be used for gaming to start off with but would like to test myself with editing of pictures/videos etc.

boop 

the 4770k is a editing cpu and is a waste unless your going to be doing lots of editing and so 16gb step it down to 8gb and you will be fine, whats your budget? 

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

the 4770k is a editing cpu and is a waste unless your going to be doing lots of editing and so 16gb step it down to 8gb and you will be fine, whats your budget? 

if he has the money, it's not a big waste, especially with more games being optimized for multithreaded performance these days and the much better efficiency of the intel 4770k over the AMD counterparts (especially in the UK, if he uses his computer a lot the power bill adds up and after 2-3 years an 8350 might end up costing mor while delivering less performance...)

I said I would never get a Seagate hard drive but so far both I bought have worked just fine.  3 TB for much cheaper than what Western Digital will charge for their 3 TB Black Caviar drives.  If you want to save some money go with Seagate.  I have no regrets.  As for MSI and motherboards I will never touch them with a 10 foot pole.  There has to be a reason I see them time and time again being discounted on NCIX and other sites.

In regards to a motherboard would recommend you go with Gigabyte or Asus.  Gigabyte seems to cram the most value into boards these days and not have them be garbage. As for an SSD drive if this is for gaming only scrap the SSD and spend more on video cards.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

If the case and fans aren't up to standards! What would use recommend? Baring in mind i want white with blue leds!

My Personal Rig - AMD 3970X | ASUS sTRX4-Pro | RTX 2080 Super | 64GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB DDR4 | CoolerMaster H500P Mesh

My Wife's Rig - AMD 3900X | MSI B450I Gaming | 5500 XT 4GB | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 | Silverstone SG13 White

Don't even pretend like the 8350 is a match for the 4670K let alone the 4770K. 

Overkill PSU, get a 650W. 

Apart from that, get a Samsung 840 EVO SSD. 

i know it's a bit much but i thought of going higher for upgrades in the future, is that wise?

I said I would never get a Seagate hard drive but so far both I bought have worked just fine.  3 TB for much cheaper than what Western Digital will charge for their 3 TB Black Caviar drives.  If you want to save some money go with Seagate.  I have no regrets.  As for MSI and motherboards I will never touch them with a 10 foot pole.  There has to be a reason I see them time and time again being discounted on NCIX and other sites.

In regards to a motherboard would recommend you go with Gigabyte or Asus.  Gigabyte seems to cram the most value into boards these days and not have them be garbage. As for an SSD drive if this is for gaming only scrap the SSD and spend more on video cards.

This was the other MB i was thinking of getting what do you think? ASUS SABERTOOTH Z87 Motherboard / 1150 Socket / 4x DDR3 / Max 32 GB / ATX / Intel Z87 / PCI-E / 1x HDMI DisplayPort

Don't need 16gb of ram wait till you know you actually like video editing before you invest into.

My opinion on SSDs is that I don't see much point but if you have nowhere else to upgrade go for it

i know it's a bit much but i thought of going higher for upgrades in the future, is that wise?

If you plan to go SLI, then 850W is good. 

If you never plan to go SLI, you will never, ever, use more than 650W, unless you're doing something super crazy. I have a 3930K and R9 290, which draws way more than a 4770K and 780 on an RM550 power supply and it runs just fine. 

My Personal Rig - AMD 3970X | ASUS sTRX4-Pro | RTX 2080 Super | 64GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB DDR4 | CoolerMaster H500P Mesh

My Wife's Rig - AMD 3900X | MSI B450I Gaming | 5500 XT 4GB | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 | Silverstone SG13 White

Don't need 16gb of ram wait till you know you actually like video editing before you invest into.

My opinion on SSDs is that I don't see much point but if you have nowhere else to upgrade go for it

so get one stick of ram 8gb?

Don't even pretend like the 8350 is a match for the 4670K let alone the 4770K. 

Overkill PSU, get a 650W. 

Apart from that, get a Samsung 840 EVO SSD. 

I obliviously know that the i7 and i5 blow those two chips away. But they are at a higher price.  

Wanna hang out with me and people like @Theslsamg, @ Ssoele, @BENTHEREN, @Lanoi, @Whiskers, @_ASSASSIN_, @Looney, @WunderWuffle, and @nsyedhasan. Well.... Check out: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/48484-unofficial-linustechtips-teamschnitzel-server-teamspeak/

sabertooth series motherboards are overpriced junk, with a stupid "thermal shield" that doesn't actually do anything but perhaps make your motherboard even hotter. Get a cheaper Asus or Gigabyte (my personal recommended MB brand these days) Z87 motherboard. if you're not looking to overclock, get a 4770 instead of a 4770k and save some money, and also buy an H87 motherboard instead. That should save you quite a bit of money if you're too lazy to overclock your CPU or just too afraid.

It's going to be used for gaming to start off with but would like to test myself with editing of pictures/videos etc.

You need to quote a post or tag a member or else they won't get a notification you replied to them.

Are you limited to only Amazon or are you open to other US shops?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Have you asked yourself what it is you want from this computer?  I am just curious as to what this pc is intended to be used for?  As for choosing an Asus brand motherboard there is nothing wrong with that and with the one you selected I have seen many good reviews on it but could you go cheaper and still get a very nice board fully featured?  Yes.  Still though it would be nice to know again what you are using this pc for?

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S