Metric variant for the screws used for the Corsair H100i Pro?

SuperShires

I'm wondering what the M variant would be for the screws used for the Corsair AIO as I want to replace them with custom coloured washers and bolts, preferably countersunk bolts and washers.

I cant seem to find the exact measurements of the screws used though and wondering if anyone could help tell me? Thanks

spacer.png

Most screws are M3. I haven't seen a proprietary form-factor screw on any radiators yet so it's a pretty safe bet.

Edit: Scratch that actually. I just checked on my old H100i it's a 6-32 screw. The kind used on PSU's and PCI slots.

22 minutes ago, SuperShires said:

I'm wondering what the M variant would be for the screws used for the Corsair AIO as I want to replace them with custom coloured washers and bolts, preferably countersunk bolts and washers.

I cant seem to find the exact measurements of the screws used though and wondering if anyone could help tell me? Thanks

spacer.png

That can not be done as the threads per inch do not match. You will need to retap the holes for the next size up metric thread. Corsair uses 6-32 threaded fasteners so your next size for metric retapping would be M4.

5 minutes ago, W-L said:

That can not be done as the threads per inch do not match. You will need to retap the holes for the next size up metric thread. Corsair uses 6-32 threaded fasteners so your next size for metric retapping would be M4.

Ahh right no wonder I couldn't find anything haha, thanks for the info.

Got an itch to scratch since replacing my M3 case screws with fancy countersunk bolts and washers and want to replace the AIO screw washers with the same colour washers used for the case washers.

10 minutes ago, W-L said:

Also, what do you reckon the washer size would be? May as well order some nice anodized green washers :)

3 hours ago, SuperShires said:

Also, what do you reckon the washer size would be? May as well order some nice anodized green washers :)

If you are using the original 6-32 bolts a metric washer that is M4 would fit. #6 bolts are 0.13” or approx 3.3mm in diameter.

On 11/28/2019 at 12:31 PM, SuperShires said:

Cable Mod seems to have some pretty nice selection for andoized washers if you are still searching:

https://store.cablemod.com/product/cablemod-anodized-aluminum-washers-m4-40-pack/

6 hours ago, W-L said:

Cable Mod seems to have some pretty nice selection for andoized washers if you are still searching:

https://store.cablemod.com/product/cablemod-anodized-aluminum-washers-m4-40-pack/

They seem countersunk, would that be a problem with the screws that come with the AIO as I don't think they are countersunk