Review: Anker 8200dpi Gaming Mouse

kn100

In my search for a cheap mouse to replace my aging Gigabyte 3200dpi mouse I came across this mouse on Amazon for the princley sum of £20, or around 30usd. I thought I'd give it a shot, as it has the same high end sensor that most 8200dpi mice have (Avago 9800) and was getting plenty of rave reviews on Amazon. Here is my short brief review of the mouse  and (more importantly) the software.

The mouse itself

Here are some photos of it

IMG_20130421_180735.jpg

921540_4373186421475_1438201224_o.jpg

383352_4393567210982_719950143_n.jpg

IMG_2183-610x400.jpg

Anyway now we've gotten those out of the way, let's talk about the mouse itself. It's a rather large mouse, perfect for those of us with Slick sized hands. The mouses construction is basically a rubberized plastic for the palm and fingers, and then a glossy plastic surrounding it, along with rubber thumb grip. The mouse has 9 fully programmable buttons which are MACRO capable. The build quality is mostly good, all I have to complain about is the glossy plastic, however this isn't a huge problem. There is also a tenth button on the bottom of the mouse which is used for switching between the two profiles saved on the mouse itself. OH ALSO BRAIDED CORD WHY AREN'T MORE THINGS BRAIDED <3

The main treat with this mouse however is the software.

The software

I think we've all had a bad experience or two with 'gaming' software in the past, and this mouse surprised me with just how functional and practical the software really was.

Firstly button remapping. Insanely functional.

53xBEAD.png

All 9 buttons are fully programmable. Also available is the ability to turn on 1000HZ polling rate, along with being able to disable mouse acceleration completely. Notice how it has "Profile 1" and "Profile 2" in the bottom left? These presets are saved in the mouse, as in you can take your mouse to another computer, plug it in, and all of your key bindings/macros come with you - no need to install the gaming software.

Below shows the macro record interface

crhnbjQ.png

Next DPI Adjust. What's really nice about this mouse is you can adjust the DPI in fine increments of 200dpi. Another nice thing is the ability to set X and Y dpi independantly (highlighted in yellow)

bojgoLg.png

Also, the Anker logo on the mouse pictured above is fully adjustable

7USVDcg.png

Conclusion

All in all an EXCELLENT value mouse. For 30$ you're getting features not found on mice twice the price. I am very happy with it and will report back with any issues I find.

Any questions, ask away!

Current rig: AMD Piledriver fx-8320 OC'd to 4.9ghz on 1.45v vcore | Asus Sabertooth 990fx r2 board | Gigabyte 7950 W3x| 8GB Corsair XMS3 1333mhz | 240GB OCZ Agility 3 SSD

Interesting. Where did you buy it? The name means Anchor in Norwegian. Would be weird if it was a Norwegian brand and I'd never heard about it.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

I bought mine from Amazon: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Anker%C2%AE-Precision-Programmable-Cartridge-Switches/dp/B00AAQRNQ8

Also Linus should so get one of these to unbox  - I'm hypercurious as to what his opinion of it will be.

Current rig: AMD Piledriver fx-8320 OC'd to 4.9ghz on 1.45v vcore | Asus Sabertooth 990fx r2 board | Gigabyte 7950 W3x| 8GB Corsair XMS3 1333mhz | 240GB OCZ Agility 3 SSD

• 2 weeks later...

I honestly have no idea, however I have had exactly 0 problems with it, it works wonderfully. I seriously think Linus should take a look at one. Anker deserve more publicity than they're getting for this mouse.

• 1 year later...

I have the same mouse and I really like it. It is my first gaming mouse, so I would probably like any mouse that would come into my possession. The software is easy enough that I can use it. The only problem that I have with it is that my pinky finger just rubs against my table. Other than that, this mouse is a nice buy and worth the $35 I paid for it.

Good looking option for me I think. Pretty ugly though. 

This laser is known for acceleration though. I still might want to stick to an optical mouse, just a preference. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch