Winxp Is Going To Stop Being Supported By Microsoft :(

coder-guy22296

I found an article from pcper.com  :

http://www.pcper.com/news/General-Tech/Only-346-days-go-where-will-you-be-when-WinXP-dies

my favorite os, simplistic, stable, it was just a real good experience, i even spent 12hrs trying to get it to dualboot with windows7, they do not like each other.

winxp_rc1_rev_02.gif

Energy can not be created nor destroyed, just converted to a different Type of energy.
My blog: T3Krant.blogspot.com

Honestly, you can't necessarily complain. It's been supported for over a decade. Come on - that's a loooooooong time for any OS that doesn't get updated to the latest and greatest standards.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

im sorry, its just that i love the os, its got some personal value to me, it was so cool to use it after windows 7, pretty cool experience after not using it for so long.

Energy can not be created nor destroyed, just converted to a different Type of energy.

We've known about this for a couple months, maybe 6+ months?

It's sad to see such a great OS leave us, but it is necessary to move forward. Windows 7 is the next best thing(some it's WIndows 8, but it's not my cup of tea, sorry Goodbytes :P)

You can still use the OS, but it won't be supported by Microsoft, but then you are at a security risk(as if there wasn't a security risk already).

XP for me was a nightmare, I always managed to have problems after a month or so. 

Come and join the awesome Official LTT Star Citizen Org at LTT Conglomerat,  GTA 5 LTT Crew at LTT Conglomarate

PC Specs - 4770k - OC 4.5GHz  - GTX 780 SC - 16GB HyperX - NZXT H440 White - Corsair H100i - Corsair AX750 - Samsung Evo 250GB - 2 x PA238Q - ATH-M50 - 

Lol 4GB RAM limit; how times have changed.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

Shame, it's still highly used as a business os :/

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

With its 4GB RAM limit... Honestly I can't imagine that I'll miss it...

well, thats all i have in my laptop, and a laptops all i got 

Good.

-> No support for any modern computers (2005 and later).

-> 4GB limit.

-> Chicken wires has less and smaller holes than the security holes on XP. (I am not kidding. Even Microsoft, as soon as XP was released, admited, as I recall, that XP was based on NT 3, and the security level the provide while adequate at the time, would not be enougth for later. This is one of main reasons why Microsoft ditch NT, and restart from essentially scratch. 6 years later we have an OS that was too ahead of its time: Vista)

-> Half broken update system.

-> IE included in the folder system.

-> CPU rendered interface.

XP is great for people who finds their computer too fast and needs to slow it down.

Shame, it's still highly used as a business os :/

Actually, huge amount of businesses and public sectors have upgraded to Windows 7, those that haven't need their IT department to start commissioning new computers. 

Well I loved Windows XP, it was a great OS for me since I had been using a crappy setup before my current build. I'm not going to miss it though despite those facts. Bye Windows XP you won't really be missed.

Join the LinusTechTips Star Citizen Org :D ~ https://robertsspaceindustries.com/orgs/UOLTT

XP was great a long while ago. Then 7 came out and XP has no use any more.

I would go with ubuntu or another OS with a build on an old PC.

And the limits are awful.  

I use i5-3470, 8GB kingston, SSD + 2x hdd, GTX 970

Its about time, people need to get with the times. I understand that some people don't upgrade their systems as often as us enthusiast, but c'mon windows XP is over 10 years old now.

Oh Windows XP, childhood (I'm quite young :p) memories!

i5 4670k - MSI GTX 770 gaming - Fractal design define R4 (windowed) - MSI Z87-G45 gaming - be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2 - Corsair vengeance 8 gb (lp) - WB black 1tb - 256GB SSD - Corsair TX 750M - Ducky Shine 3

I don't understand why anyone would want to use XP anyways now that 7 and 8 are out there.

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Mobile Devices I ASUS Zenbook UX31E I Nexus 7 (2013) I Nexus 5 32GB (red)

Oh Windows XP, childhood (I'm quite young :P) memories!

Yeah same here. I like using Firefox back in the day and Windows XP and the HALO 2 hack to run it on XP was so entertaining :D

I love Windows XP I may not use it anymore but its still amazing for my Dev work 

(Runs well on a tiny system with windows Apps)

Since Age of Empires 2 was rereleased on steam I have no use for my xp pc so it's not a massive deal to me.