Transplanting a meme into a dream

Transplanting a meme into a dream

A story of how my lowest spec PC occupies my dream case

So a few days ago I was browsing the Sweclockers market for deals like the used-market addict I am and came across something interesting. Someone was cleaning out their PC parts and among them was a Fractal Design Nano S. I have wanted a Nano S since the launch and my intrest in the case only grew when Jay did the glass tubing watercooling build in it. Never really had the right money to buy one brand new and they rarely show on the used market but this one was in the same city and starting bid was €12. I bid €12 and five days later i now had a Nano S for €12 somehow! ❤️ Picked it up last night, brought it home and put a meme into this dream.

So what is the meme? The meme is this thing:

vi5jJk7.jpg

In it sits a server ITX board with a G3250 and a GT 1030. The PSU is a Delta made unit i ripped out of a HP Microserver and the HDD is a 1TB laptop drive. 8GB of RAM from the first computer i ever build too.

Step one was to tear down the Nano S but as soon as i took off the sidepanel i was greeted with an amazing surprise!

LcEUT6R.jpg

vyueJex.jpg

There is an NH-A14 IPPC PWM fan in here! That fan alone is more than twice what i paid for this case! Anyway here is the entire thing town down and the panels laid out(with bonus catto):

DKGEzKP.jpg

fJFg6CU.jpg

Very little dust, pretty much none at all actually! Expected loads because of the price but besides a minor scratch on the top moduvent cover there was also close to 0 cosmetic damage!

After that it was time to tear down the "meme":

Vnf4n7J.jpg

GTHNtww.jpg

And then it was just placing everything inside the Nano S, finding a mount for the funky PSU and getting all the panels back on:

toUemql.jpg

BNPQhRr.jpg

yV5wJXt.jpg

And done!

Thanks for taking your time to look at this quick and unexciting computer gut transfer :) I had a blast building a computer again and look forward to owning the Nano S. Have no plans for it at the moment but it feels nice to own it :D

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

The way you mounted the power supply is fucking phenomenal 

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

1 minute ago, Slottr said:

The way you mounted the power supply is fucking phenomenal 

Thanks, hides the cables well. Not having a windowed sidepanel is no excuse for a shitty cabling job :P

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

I see you didn't install the cat.

Guess this build isn't complete yet.

6 minutes ago, Den-Fi said:

I see you didn't install the cat.

Guess this build isn't complete yet.

she did try to install herself a few times but she was too heavy for the rest of the build to keep up with

Builds:

Spoiler

gotta be nice to have all that room for upgrading. Why not stuff a Sapphire R9 fury in there?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

An utterly stupid idea ..total lunacy .... i like it :P

Awesome deal u got their ...even more so with the fan included.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

1 hour ago, For Science! said:

You should use my custom sleeved extensions....

20180519_005246.jpg.67b1db1516b0ff385b5fa5725abb9afa.jpg

I could legit see the yellow and black ones going into my main rig xD

6 hours ago, Fasauceome said:

gotta be nice to have all that room for upgrading. Why not stuff a Sapphire R9 fury in there?

G3250, R9 Fury, 1TB 2.5" 5800RPM HDD and a maybe 150W PSU sound like the ultimate combo yah.

Saw an R9 Nano go up for sale though but I don't really have the €150 I need to secure it :(

Builds:

Spoiler

very cool, I like it