I will build you a PC, seriously. - ROG Rig Reboot Announcement

James

So.. I have a quick question;
When the Giveaway ends for ROG Rig Reboot 2019, will the Winners be immediately announced or will it take some time for the Winners to be decided?

probably some time as they need to go through all the entries and watch there submissions and grade them etc to come to a conclusion

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

30 minutes ago, X- Wr4ith -X said:

Where do the winners get announced @James?

Social media, forums. But that is after the winners get notified privately.

2 minutes ago, VegetableStu said:

let's set expectations:

• assume there are 1000 entries (so that you can multiply this to the actual number easier)
  • each entry is exactly 60 seconds long
  • 1000 minutes of footage is almost 16.7 hours
  • say it takes about 1 minute to navigate between them, and 2 minutes (grok average) to consider (1 minute to toss, maybe 5-10 minutes to consider keeping for second binning)
  • that's 1000 + 3000 minutes. 4000 minutes is 66.7 hours
  • there are 8 hours in a standard work day, but let's be real here, who spends an entire day going through all those? (especially when there's other stuff to work on)
    • say 3 hours per day
  • this estimate so far will take 22.3 working days. which is about 4 calendar weeks. (5 working days in a week)
  • now let's include the minimum runtime of 30 seconds in the entry requirements
    • that'll make this about 11.2 to 22.3 working days
  • and say we artificially put the minimum runtime to 10 seconds (to represent entries that are discarded for being in the wrong regions and troll entries)
    • and that happens to about 20% of the entries
    • 9.71 to 22.3 working days
    • which is about 2 to 4 calendar weeks

so for 1000 entries and spending 3 hours a day to sift through, it'll probably take them about 2-4 weeks for the first pass, so probably take some time off thinking about RR for now ._.

I'm imagining an all-hands-on-deck scenario.

23 people total listed here 

https://www.linusmediagroup.com/

Though I imagine not eeeeveryone will be reviewing the videos 

Okay, Thank you so much.

For the first few seconds, I thought I didn't get accepted and then realized;
"Oh, right.. there are over 3K people who signed up for this, so I guess it would take some time."
But I posted this just to make sure, Thank you very much for responding!

12 minutes ago, TheNameChanger said:

"Oh, right.. there are over 3K people who signed up for this, so I guess it would take some time."

read this comment and you will understand it will take a lot, and i mean a lot of time. 

still got my fingers crossed, i know there is a 2/3700 chance but the video i made really sucked because i had to edit it on a phone :P so hopefully not many people have a worse electronic internet device then me 

21 hours ago, TheCycle47 said:

Last year they emailed the winners around October 2rd-8th or so I believe

Thanks!

2 hours ago, VegetableStu said:

but consider that good entries will likely be viewed a second time at regular speed at some point, so the 4.7 week estimate is the SUPER minimum.

Possibly by multiple people both at LMG, and maybe even ASUS since i'm guessing they have to be ok with the video that wins since it's their name on the final product.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

Hey guys, it would be amazing if I could gain some feedback on my submission. 

Thanks and good luck to everyone :) 

Just to note. They won't announce winners before they make and release videos. They might announce when winners have been decided, that's something @CPotter

Hinted a while back. If you aren't contacted, you didn't win. They won't send "Nope, sorry" to all those who didn't win.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Made this for #ROGRigReboot19 in my Design Technology class! Hope you like it! 
Also here is my #ROGRigReboot19 vid:

01BCEF54-42F9-4AD4-A570-B2B7E7FBB8C5.jpeg

Aight, so now that the entries are over, i want to get some opinions on my vid.

What do y'all think?(yeah i know i typo'ed anything...)

All these people on here with GPUs, and I'm sitting here with an APU from an AMD A9 cpu ? 

Lol I have a a pc with a pentium 4 ht and a broken nvidia gt610

58 minutes ago, GameProElite said:

All these people on here with GPUs, and I'm sitting here with an APU from an AMD A9 cpu ? 

you think that's bad? my dad is still using pentium 4 2.8ghz and 2gb ram just for youtube. if its just for worst rig I already won.

When are they releasing the rog rig reboot top 20?

When are the results for ROG reboot 3019 being announced 

4 minutes ago, PCYOYO said:

ROG reboot 3019

Probably in about 1000 years :P

/s

Looks like last year they released the results about a week and a half after the competition ended.

Keep in mind they need to watch about 17 hours of content and judge it all:

Late EDIT: for what it's worth, the 2018 one started at September 21 last year, and the winners were announced at october 6th, and that's only for Continental America at 2086 entries. maybe check back in 2 weeks in the best case. ¯\(°_o)/¯

(Thanks for all the numbers @VegetableStu)

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Was such thing promised somewhere?

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

4 hours ago, komo_cakeps said:

you think that's bad? my dad is still using pentium 4 2.8ghz and 2gb ram just for youtube. if its just for worst rig I already won.

Love how everyone here is one-upping each other with their "shit" rigs when a P4 is still usable in 2019 if you max out RAM, throw in an SSD, and put Linux on the system.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈