I will build you a PC, seriously. - ROG Rig Reboot Announcement

James

Hey I just submitted my video for ROG rig reboot 2019 and it says my entry is still 0. I've tried already 3 times and still nothing. Is it suppose to change? 

Lol at people who think that having the lowest specs will make them more likely to win. As if Linus and Asus are going to benchtest every possible configuration out of thousands entries and determine that "this guy has a 10% slower PC than the other so he wins".

I'd wager the specs have to just be "low enough" to be considered slow and outdated and 80% of the entry is the video you make.

So yeah, people who think that they can simply take some antique from a flea market, strap it to a salvaged CRT monitor, half-ass a video and pretend that they are suffering daily while hiding their 8700K' and 4K monitor in the other room are not only doing it unethically but there is a great chance that they are simply wasting their time. 

CPU: i7 6950X  |  Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ed. 10  |  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Special Edition 3200 MHz (CL14)  |  GPUs: 2x Asus GTX 1080ti SLI 

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1 TB M.2 NVME  |  PSU: In Win SIV 1065W 

Cooling: Custom LC 2 x 360mm EK Radiators | EK D5 Pump | EK 250 Reservoir | EK RVE10 Monoblock | EK GPU Blocks & Backplates | Alphacool Fittings & Connectors | Alphacool Glass Tubing

Case: In Win Tou 2.0  |  Display: Alienware AW3418DW  |  Sound: Woo Audio WA8 Eclipse + Focal Utopia Headphones

2 hours ago, estcethomas said:

Countries Excluded: Taiwan, South Korea, Portugal, Italy, Austria, China, Russia, Hong Kong, Greece, France, Japan, Spain, Czech Republic.

I and I'm sure many others are wondering why our countries would be excluded from the contest. Is it from Asus ? From Linus ? What would be the reasons for this ?

Any exclusions would be coming from ASUS.

As for the reason, i doubt it's something they would publicly state, even if they did, would the answer make you any happier/accepting?

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

1 hour ago, Arika S said:

Any exclusions would be coming from ASUS.

As for the reason, i doubt it's something they would publicly state, even if they did, would the answer make you any happier/accepting?

There are currently 2.5k entries in the contest. I'm sure a considerable amount of entries were submitted by people from these excluded countries and thus participated in the popularity of this contest and the brand awareness that went with it.

So yes, I do think it would have been fair from LTT and Asus to handle the presentation for this contest more professionally, and very vocally state this important exclusion rule both in the video, in the video description, and in the forum post for the contest instead of falsely advertising an "international" contest.

And yes, I do think that understanding why certain countries were excluded from this contest would make all of the candidates from these countries, who all worked hard on their entries, to accept such a decision. It would seem less random and arbitrary for all of us if it was explained that it was for legal or monetary or visa or tax reasons or whatever.

I mean, look at the most viewed submission right now, from a Russian guy (excluded country), it's a super high-quality short-movie video. I'm sure he spent a very considerable amount of time filming, directing, lighting and editing his video. I'm sure he'd have loved to know his country would be excluded from the contest before putting hours in his entry.

Just my two cents. 

18 minutes ago, estcethomas said:

There are currently 2.5k entries in the contest. I'm sure a considerable amount of entries were submitted by people from these excluded countries and thus participated in the popularity of this contest and the brand awareness that went with it.

So yes, I do think it would have been fair from LTT and Asus to handle the presentation for this contest more professionally, and very vocally state this important exclusion rule both in the video, in the video description, and in the forum post for the contest instead of falsely advertising an "international" contest.

And yes, I do think that understanding why certain countries were excluded from this contest would make all of the candidates from these countries, who all worked hard on their entries, to accept such a decision. It would seem less random and arbitrary for all of us if it was explained that it was for legal or monetary or visa or tax reasons or whatever.

I mean, look at the most viewed submission right now, from a Russian guy (excluded country), it's a super high-quality short-movie video. I'm sure he spent a very considerable amount of time filming, directing, lighting and editing his video. I'm sure he'd have loved to know his country would be excluded from the contest before putting hours in his entry.

Just my two cents. 

Have to agree with this. Even though I'm an American, I wouldn't have made a video if I had known my country wouldn't have been eligible. It should have been made clear from the start what countries were excluded.

Pretty good at doing the whip and nae nae, trust me.

Is Australia eligible, I made a funny entry so i'm not sure if all the time I put would just be excluded, also would it be asus picking who wins or linus?

Here's the entry if you want to see what Australia is all about ;)

2 minutes ago, Biodecay said:

Is Australia eligible, I made a funny entry so i'm not sure if all the time I put would just be excluded, also would it be asus picking who wins or linus?

Australia is eligible, the general consensus is that the decision will be between LMG and ASUS.

Just now, Rizune said:

Australia is eligible, the general consensus is that the decision will be between LMG and ASUS.

How would you see what countries would be eligible and not? I'm not sure if my entry is decent enough, my ipod was in for repairs so I am sad about the camera quality being bad.

3 minutes ago, Biodecay said:

How would you see what countries would be eligible and not? I'm not sure if my entry is decent enough, my ipod was in for repairs so I am sad about the camera quality being bad.

You can find the ineligible countries when you submit your video on gleam (make sure to do that or your video isn't entered into the contest) but to save you the trip, here's the list.

Ineligible countries are Taiwan, South Korea, Portugal, Italy, Austria, China, Russia, Hong Kong, Greece, France, Japan, Spain, Czech Republic.

7 minutes ago, Biodecay said:

Here's the entry if you want to see what Australia is all about ;)

This one was really funny ? made me laugh, especally when you hocked it up to the car ??  good job ✌️

Just now, Rizune said:

You can find the ineligible countries when you submit your video on gleam (make sure to do that or your video isn't entered into the contest) but to save you the trip, here's the list.

Ineligible countries are Taiwan, South Korea, Portugal, Italy, Austria, China, Russia, Hong Kong, Greece, France, Japan, Spain, Czech Republic.

Thank you very much, kind sir.

Just now, Northbound said:

This one was really funny ? made me laugh, especally when you hocked it up to the car ??  good job ✌️

Thanks man really appreciated I really really want to win so I tried my best,

1 minute ago, Biodecay said:

Thank you very much, kind sir.

No problem.

2 minutes ago, TTQGaming said:

Can i come from Estonia?

Estonia isn't ineligible, so yes, yes you can.

1 minute ago, Rizune said:

Estonia isn't ineligible, so yes, yes you can.

okay, cool

now i'll go to schleep and make my video of the crappy laptop this is coming from

34 minutes ago, Sil3ntTV said:

Linus said that we have 7days to submit but in here https://gleam.io/4TzN3/asus-rog-rig-reboot-2019 it says that there is 2 more days left.. My pc will render the video for another day so who do I believe? Linus or the competition link.

The contest was extended - the gleam link is the right one. You've got two days, but dang a day of rendering

16 minutes ago, Rizune said:

The contest was extended - the gleam link is the right one. You've got two days, but dang a day of rendering

Can PCs older than 12 years old be rebooted? (I have one of the OG large towers from like 2003)

my terrible laptop: CPU: i5-2450M at 2.60 ghz base (however goes up to 3.30 ghz on any steam game i run. odd.) GPU: integrated Quadro NVS 4200m (garbage. the reason that this is terrible.) 6GB of ram, 300GB HDD. refurbished Dell Latitude Esomething. got it for like 140 bucks on amazon.

1 minute ago, Mr. Budget said:

Can PCs older than 12 years old be rebooted? (I have one of the OG large towers from like 2003)

I think it needs to be your main PC, the one you use the most. If that's it, then yes, you can make a video.

17 hours ago, Arika S said:

No. the requirements are very simple to follow, 

• 30-60 seconds maximum
  • Show us your current Rig
  • Tell us why you deserve to win!
  • #ROGRigReboot19 in the video description
  • Why does your current rig suck?
  • What games do you want to play?
  • Be Creative!!

You say those are the requirements, but the requirements on Gleam say you don't need to show the rig. Which is correct?

my terrible laptop: CPU: i5-2450M at 2.60 ghz base (however goes up to 3.30 ghz on any steam game i run. odd.) GPU: integrated Quadro NVS 4200m (garbage. the reason that this is terrible.) 6GB of ram, 300GB HDD. refurbished Dell Latitude Esomething. got it for like 140 bucks on amazon.

1 minute ago, Rizune said:

I think it needs to be your main PC, the one you use the most. If that's it, then yes, you can make a video.

I don't use a main PC as my main PC, I use a laptop as my main PC, but that's the only desktop I have so technically it is. Thank you.

1 minute ago, Mr. Budget said:

I don't use a main PC as my main PC, I use a laptop as my main PC, but that's the only desktop I have so technically it is. Thank you.

Laptops do count. Several videos have already been made on them, including mine.