I will build you a PC, seriously. - ROG Rig Reboot Announcement

James
1 minute ago, Rizune said:

Laptops do count. Several videos have already been made on them, including mine.

They can reboot a laptop?

my terrible laptop: CPU: i5-2450M at 2.60 ghz base (however goes up to 3.30 ghz on any steam game i run. odd.) GPU: integrated Quadro NVS 4200m (garbage. the reason that this is terrible.) 6GB of ram, 300GB HDD. refurbished Dell Latitude Esomething. got it for like 140 bucks on amazon.

Just now, Mr. Budget said:

They can reboot a laptop?

Well, the general point of winning is to go to Linus HQ and build a new PC. Pretty sure you don't literally reboot your PC.

Pretty good at doing the whip and nae nae, trust me.

2 minutes ago, Rizune said:

Well, the general point of winning is to go to Linus HQ and build a new PC. Pretty sure you don't literally reboot your PC.

It's a joke. Anyway, does using Windows illegally from North Korea make me ineligible? Aswell as a debate I had earlier, Do you need to show your PC/Laptop to qualify?

my terrible laptop: CPU: i5-2450M at 2.60 ghz base (however goes up to 3.30 ghz on any steam game i run. odd.) GPU: integrated Quadro NVS 4200m (garbage. the reason that this is terrible.) 6GB of ram, 300GB HDD. refurbished Dell Latitude Esomething. got it for like 140 bucks on amazon.

5 minutes ago, Mr. Budget said:

It's a joke. Anyway, does using Windows illegally from North Korea make me ineligible?

Well, South Korea is an ineligible country but North Korea is not. I'm going to say no.

I am not a lawyer. Any advice given by me should be considered thoroughly. By accepting this advice, you acknowledge that I am not liable for anything that may occur as a result of following this advice and any consequences are at the fault of the advice recipient and not me, the advice sender. All final contest decisions are made by Linus Media Group and I have no control over their determination of eligibility.

2 minutes ago, Rizune said:

Well, South Korea is an ineligible country but North Korea is not. I'm going to say no.

I am not a lawyer. Any advice given by me should be considered thoroughly. By accepting this advice, you acknowledge that I am not liable for anything that may occur as a result of following this advice and any consequences are at the fault of the advice recipient and not me, the advice sender. All final contest decisions are made by Linus Media Group and I have no control over their determination of eligibility.

Alright, thanks, and my other question?

Just now, Mr. Budget said:

Alright, thanks, and my other question?

Ah yes, the showing the PC part. I'm going to say it's required as it's listed under Video Requirements on the Gleam website.

1 minute ago, Rizune said:

Ah yes, the showing the PC part. I'm going to say it's required as it's listed under Video Requirements on the Gleam website.

Ah, I didn't see it.

7 minutes ago, Rizune said:

Final question I have: Are there any age requirements? Asking for a friend.

1 minute ago, Mr. Budget said:

Final question I have: Are there any age requirements? Asking for a friend.

Must be 13 or older.

Just now, Rizune said:

Must be 13 or older.

Ah. Gotcha.

20 hours ago, estcethomas said:

I just sumbled upon this post by @Something random 

Apparently, 13 countries are excluded from the contest. So much for an "international category" !
Countries Excluded: Taiwan, South Korea, Portugal, Italy, Austria, China, Russia, Hong Kong, Greece, France, Japan, Spain, Czech Republic.

I and I'm sure many others are wondering why our countries would be excluded from the contest. Is it from Asus ? From Linus ? What would be the reasons for this ?

Thank you.

Aww. That's so very-very sad. I really wish I knew about countries' exclusion before making a video and literally shaving my head for one stupid joke. Oh well. At least I got a free haircut.

But it is a very peculiar list. I can't imagine what would unite these countries in one category.

39 minutes ago, To Be Technical said:

Where/when do we find out who all won? 

I think after 2 business days 

44 minutes ago, Stepan said:

Aww. That's so very-very sad. I really wish I knew about countries' exclusion before making a video and literally shaving my head for one stupid joke. Oh well. At least I got a free haircut.

But it is a very peculiar list. I can't imagine what would unite these countries in one category.

Same. I had a fever, but I wanted to make my video. Now I'm sicker than before, for nothing.

16 hours ago, estcethomas said:

There are currently 2.5k entries in the contest. I'm sure a considerable amount of entries were submitted by people from these excluded countries and thus participated in the popularity of this contest and the brand awareness that went with it.

So yes, I do think it would have been fair from LTT and Asus to handle the presentation for this contest more professionally, and very vocally state this important exclusion rule both in the video, in the video description, and in the forum post for the contest instead of falsely advertising an "international" contest.

And yes, I do think that understanding why certain countries were excluded from this contest would make all of the candidates from these countries, who all worked hard on their entries, to accept such a decision. It would seem less random and arbitrary for all of us if it was explained that it was for legal or monetary or visa or tax reasons or whatever.

I mean, look at the most viewed submission right now, from a Russian guy (excluded country), it's a super high-quality short-movie video. I'm sure he spent a very considerable amount of time filming, directing, lighting and editing his video. I'm sure he'd have loved to know his country would be excluded from the contest before putting hours in his entry.

Just my two cents. 

Yeah. Im that Russian guy , and finding that out just broke my life and the only chance to meet Linus ...

Ummm, my video is kinda long than the specified " 30-60 sec" mark, should I make is shorter with some editing magic or it'll work?? 

After learning premiere pro and after effects on youtube for some long days, I finished my entry for the contest. admittedly it was fun, I'll also shamelessly plug myself here:

Good luck to the others! I would love to hear some critique of mine.

7 minutes ago, SambhaGo said:

when and where will the results be announced? ¿

Don't know when, probably after they look all entries and pick winners. Where? According to the past contests. they will likely post at a separate forum.

Edited by DurlRick
Spelling error corrected

1 hour ago, DurlRick said:

Don't know when, probably after they look all entries and pick winners. Where? According to the past contests. they will likely post at a separate forum.

hmmm. ok. let's see if james replies too... 

Hi guys, 
after some time, I decided to enter the contest in the category "best international candidate". 

As said in the video description, I am not the best content creator, but still I figured, I can try. 

Some feedback would be appreciated guys: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBZqhzuRUyY

8 hours ago, Kloverton said:

Yeah. Im that Russian guy , and finding that out just broke my life and the only chance to meet Linus ...

Your entry was superb! It totally should "win" the honorable mentions section.

5 minutes ago, Something random said:

Your entry was superb! It totally should "win" the honorable mentions section.

Sucks to be Russian. All the contests alway exclude my country. Feels like my country is less important than inhabited island somewhere around Maldives. Let's hope they will like video so much, that they will make an exception about my Country being banned... But still , I don't deserve to win anyway.