I will build you a PC, seriously. - ROG Rig Reboot Announcement

James
9 hours ago, coffee_man2 said:

this is amazing 

Thanks man! I had fun making this video and trying my best. If someone takes a minute of their precious time to watch it, just the fact that someone from somewhere in the world watched it and maybe even enjoyed it, It means so much to me.

2 hours ago, TroyB said:

I don't know how you ended up quoting me but I never made a post like that. 

On 9/30/2019 at 9:22 PM, ArduinoMaster123 said:

i honestly dont know they excluded some pretty normal countries in there.

IDK whether someone answered this but AFAIK this is standard list of excluded countries for international giveaways because of their stricter laws regulating these kind of contests.

Apparently, similar question has been asked 3 years ago:

https://law.stackexchange.com/questions/7273/why-exclude-13-world-countries-from-international-sweepstakes-or-giveaways

CPU: i7 6950X  |  Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ed. 10  |  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Special Edition 3200 MHz (CL14)  |  GPUs: 2x Asus GTX 1080ti SLI 

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1 TB M.2 NVME  |  PSU: In Win SIV 1065W 

Cooling: Custom LC 2 x 360mm EK Radiators | EK D5 Pump | EK 250 Reservoir | EK RVE10 Monoblock | EK GPU Blocks & Backplates | Alphacool Fittings & Connectors | Alphacool Glass Tubing

Case: In Win Tou 2.0  |  Display: Alienware AW3418DW  |  Sound: Woo Audio WA8 Eclipse + Focal Utopia Headphones

8 hours ago, it_dont_work said:

Seriously feel sorry for the lmg staff who have to watch and judge these videos

It is a lot of work, yes.

Won’t visit often..

9 hours ago, it_dont_work said:

Seriously feel sorry for the lmg staff who have to watch and judge these videos

Its an interesting piece of human psychology that seeking out random videos to watch can be a relaxing experience but reports from anyone with a job reviewing content with an aim in mind speak about how rough it is. Godspeed to the LMG crew tasked with parsing all these videos.

Have the winners been announced yet or any officail news that has come by? Just curious.

• CPU
    r5 5600x
  • Motherboard
    Arous b550 pro ac v1
  • RAM
    Tcreate 32gb ddr4 3600 cl18
  • GPU
    1660 super
  • Storage
    SN570 1tb
  • PSU
    Corsair CX750
  • Audio
    Lots of chi-fi iems
  • Operating System
    Windows 11 (lastest)

if there had it would be plastered everywhere.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

1 minute ago, 8lec said:

Have the winners been announced yet or any officail news that has come by? Just curious.

ummm no, you will be notified if you win and announcements will be made via twitter after the winners have been notified and confirmed. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

Just now, Skiiwee29 said:

ummm no, you will be notified if you win and announcements will be made via twitter after the winners have been notified and confirmed. 

But weren't all the projects posted on Youtube? cuz I didn't link my social media in the description or anything.

• CPU
    r5 5600x
  • Motherboard
    Arous b550 pro ac v1
  • RAM
    Tcreate 32gb ddr4 3600 cl18
  • GPU
    1660 super
  • Storage
    SN570 1tb
  • PSU
    Corsair CX750
  • Audio
    Lots of chi-fi iems
  • Operating System
    Windows 11 (lastest)

4 minutes ago, 8lec said:

But weren't all the projects posted on Youtube? cuz I didn't link my social media in the description or anything.

Yes, but you likely had to include a way to be contacted, likely through email or something.... I didn't enter so I don't know the full rules of what you need to submit and how, but I'm sure they have a way to contact you. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

Do they get to post the top 20 first before selecting winners first like last year's contest or they go straight to email the winners already?

2 hours ago, DurlRick said:

Do they get to post the top 20 first before selecting winners first like last year's contest or they go straight to email the winners already?

Not really sure about that. I'm assuming its the same but maybe this year's competition has changed since its international now 

On 9/21/2019 at 6:51 AM, James said:

ROG Rig Reboot has returned! We're working with ASUS ROG once again to find out who has the worst PC, and then fly three (un)lucky winners to our office in Canada to build a new one. Simply create a short video telling us why your PC sucks, and why you need a new one more than anyone else!

Enter at https://lmg.gg/8KVPF

Haha... I love how he said (un)lucky... Man the kids last year we're terrible ?. They made me laugh.

Creator Of DahliaOS - The First FuchsiaOS Fork

Please help i have a pc that has a

dual core cpu 

2gb ram 

Intel imtegradted graphics not hd

A hard drive 

Came as a windows xp but someone we paid to fix it (my brother broke it) removed stuff from it like ram and other stuff and put a windows 7 on it (thats wy its 2gbram although i cant really prove it i think it allso might have had a quad core cpu beacause games i used to play without no problem now runs very badly like tf2 and minecraft)

So my conclision is my dad got scammed (he doesnt care beacause he doesnt game on it anyways he doesn't do stuff that is demanding on the computer but when he opens like 3 tabs it slows down greatlly which he ses we fill it up with junk) but  but i cant prove he got scammed beacause back then i didnt know how to see how much ram or  wat cpu core it had,but maybe its how the pc aged.

Hello! my name is Greg, I'm having issues with my submission. I'm worried that it may not be viewed. I don't know if the winner has already been determined or not but that is beside the point.

my video fresh out of the editing software was 59 seconds long, cutting it close, and when I uploaded it to YouTube, I immediately entered it. little did I know there was a bug.

When you upload a video to YouTube it adds 2 seconds to it inside the thumbnail..... for some reason, when it did this to my video it makes it look like 1:01 which is laterally 1 second over...…

hopefully those reviewing the submissions can see this I've given a link to my specific vid, but I cannot attach the OG files here. Worst of all, when you click on the video and are watching it, it lists itself as a one minute long video, which means it is still following time limits. This means I don't know whether my vid will be viewed or not. I don't care if win at this point, just want them to see my effort D':

I had so much fun making my video submission for this contest.

I wanted to share the extended explosion reel for your viewing pleasure.

Good luck to all that entered!!!

On 10/4/2019 at 11:37 AM, Spencer Schumacher said:

Hey Linus another thing I just wanted to say Is that I have an old GPU.When I meet you I will bring it for you. So you can make a video or something. :)

D1CD67FB-0611-4B7B-B683-3FC9AC6B269F.jpeg

B80EC862-AF07-41CC-9EA3-C777F40CA80F.jpeg

5E38DB07-86F3-4966-B230-86AAA38EBF35.jpeg

How do you know you're going to meet him already?

9 hours ago, Greg.Langlois said:

Hello! my name is Greg, I'm having issues with my submission. I'm worried that it may not be viewed. I don't know if the winner has already been determined or not but that is beside the point.

my video fresh out of the editing software was 59 seconds long, cutting it close, and when I uploaded it to YouTube, I immediately entered it. little did I know there was a bug.

When you upload a video to YouTube it adds 2 seconds to it inside the thumbnail..... for some reason, when it did this to my video it makes it look like 1:01 which is laterally 1 second over...…

hopefully those reviewing the submissions can see this I've given a link to my specific vid, but I cannot attach the OG files here. Worst of all, when you click on the video and are watching it, it lists itself as a one minute long video, which means it is still following time limits. This means I don't know whether my vid will be viewed or not. I don't care if win at this point, just want them to see my effort D':

This was desscussed further back in the thread. They Are aware of the 1s add on by YouTube. So as long as the actual file size is not longer then 60s there should not be a problem. I had the exsact same question. Because my video file is exactly 60s and beeing my first time uploading to YouTube it is on YouTube 1.01. I am ferly surtan this was the response. I can not see how it breaks regulations because the video is no more than 60s  OFC og the video had been 1:30 or 2min That would be another story :) Can Anyone please confirm this? Om fearly surtan but... Best regards from Norway and best of luck to everyone that has entered ???✌️

On 9/20/2019 at 8:51 PM, James said:

ROG Rig Reboot has returned! We're working with ASUS ROG once again to find out who has the worst PC, and then fly three (un)lucky winners to our office in Canada to build a new one. Simply create a short video telling us why your PC sucks, and why you need a new one more than anyone else!

Enter at https://lmg.gg/8KVPF

When will the winners be chosen? Will people who didn't win know they didn't?

3 hours ago, Pietro Alessandrini said:

When will the winners be chosen? Will people who didn't win know they didn't?

There is no exact date when the winners will be chosen but if you were not contacted by the LMG staffs within these 2 weeks you probably didn't win 

Yeah You guys need to chill, and stop asking about when the winners will be announced. There are over 3.6K entries, and this question gets asked at least twice every day.

TheStair