I will build you a PC, seriously. - ROG Rig Reboot Announcement

James
5 hours ago, camjocotem said:

Woah, there's nearly 2000 entries.

It's crazy to think if you had everyone at LMG reviewing the entries you could get through them in around 90 minutes.

I now understand why it had to be only 1minute long. I had a really hard time getting everything I wanted in to the one minute but got there in the end ?? I am guessing including us International gamers made the entry number skyrocket ?

On 9/25/2019 at 8:29 PM, techi said:

I checked with James, YouTube has a bug where they will display a video under 60 sec as 61 sec, and they know that's. So it's fine if your actually under 60 sec (mine is like that but got thumbs up)

Thank you ? I can rest easy now ? took me a cople of rounds before I figured out it was YouTube and not my video that made it out to be 61s ? It really bugged me at first ?

On 9/25/2019 at 3:57 PM, Edorion said:

I made a video but it's like 1:17 long and the video must be 60 sec max. Does it work or not ? (I hope so cause I spend my entire time doing this XD)

Hey Edorion. I think you should consider reuploading. Seen alot of talk regarding time and seems like it has to be no more than 60s so I would not take the chance! also YouTube adds on one s. But they aperantly know about it so that shouldnt be a problem in regards for the entry as long as the actual video is Max 60s ??

On 9/24/2019 at 1:26 PM, estcethomas said:

Hello ! 

Here's my entry for the #ROGRigReboot19 contest. 

Let me know what you think of it :)

See you !

I just hope they dont duck points for bad video editing skills.. see a lot of good editing in a lot of entries, yours included. My entry is a bit more kindergarden level video editor style in comparison.? I gave it my best shot at least ?? see you also have one of them coffee cup warmers on the side of the laptop ??

On 9/21/2019 at 9:30 AM, Gowage said:

not an admin but happy to help, you go onto the gleam website: https://gleam.io/4TzN3/asus-rog-rig-reboot-2019 and scroll down to the bottom and insert a youtube link in the competition entry section. to upload you will have to post it to youtube first. Correct me if i'm wrong anyone, as i said just trying to help. 

You are correct. Actually you described it better then I did when I tried to put it into words for another member asking the same question ??

I don't know if this was asked elsewhere in this thread, but in the video, Linus said we have 7 days which would put the end date today but the gleam.io says theres still 4 more days left. which one is correct?

32 minutes ago, Whos Sayin said:

I don't know if this was asked elsewhere in this thread, but in the video, Linus said we have 7 days which would put the end date today but the gleam.io says theres still 4 more days left. which one is correct?

I belive Linus and co added to the time. But om not 100% sure, (most likely the glam.io is right)So Check the comments, I think one of the LTT Crew commented on it a bit further back. ?

3 hours ago, Northbound said:

I just hope they dont duck points for bad video editing skills.. see a lot of good editing in a lot of entries, yours included. My entry is a bit more kindergarden level video editor style in comparison.? I gave it my best shot at least ?? see you also have one of them coffee cup warmers on the side of the laptop ??

Haha thank you ! I wouldn't worry much about the quality of execution as long as it's funny and/or creative. As long as you tried you hardest and it shows in the video, I'm sure you won't be overlooked just because you're not a video editor for a living or something haha :)

The warmer though... Trust me, this laptop is plenty warm enough haha, I'm just covering a huge hole in the chassis !

9 hours ago, Whos Sayin said:

the gleam link is correct, the contest was extended

Man, I don't even speak a good English, don't know any of editing and my pc is a intel core 2 duo e6400, 3gb ram, gt710. I want to play GTA 5 and instead of that I play GTA 4 at minimum graphics settings to get to play at 60 fps, all minimum in cs go to play in 50fps, euro truck 30 fps in high settings, I don't like to play in low, and I want to play Fortnite, cuz my pc specs can run 50 fps in minimum but always fps drops every 5 seconds. I'm from Belgium, I just want a good pc for about 3 years

I have a question: Will they decide the winner intern or will they make this a community decision ?

Does this have to be a machine I use? Cause I still have an 800mhz pentium with the cartridge cpu.  I could also be like well I am so broke my only computer is a raspberry Pi3 running linux and I can't even play a youtube video at 1080p! Which is true that I own a few pi's, but don't use them for a daily driver.

I guess my question is what is being done to make sure people aren't making things up. I mean I have a friend who literally has a pc he had to build in a shoe box (and won't let me buy him a decent case). He is almost flat-earther level when it comes to buying a case.... sigh.

On 9/20/2019 at 8:51 PM, James said:

ROG Rig Reboot has returned! We're working with ASUS ROG once again to find out who has the worst PC, and then fly three (un)lucky winners to our office in Canada to build a new one. Simply create a short video telling us why your PC sucks, and why you need a new one more than anyone else!

Enter at https://lmg.gg/8KVPF

here is my video:https: //www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yln8pFbiqLU

I hope have luck

So... since the contest time is extended is making a game that literally takes place in ltt office and you guys as ugly weird monsters some cool side characters, count as submission? by making my 1 min video a trailer for the game. will the person who reviews the videos try it even for 1 minute? (The game still in progress)

15696176576202116503423.jpg

3 hours ago, Bladzy said:

I have a question: Will they decide the winner intern or will they make this a community decision ?

I am guessing they deside omongs the crew and Linus and prob rog aswell :) Dont know why but when you Said "comunity decition" my brain went to the secuanse in Pirates of the Carribian when they all Are woting for a new pirate lord and everyone but Jack Sparrow wotes for himself ??

On 9/20/2019 at 9:01 PM, GetacFanboy said:

Can the rigs we build be ruggedized? 

I only like rugged computers. 

#Hadtogoogleit. Think this would be usefull for me aswell on the count of the amount of dog hair my dog leaves behind after a nap. 

9 hours ago, TMaow said:

is making a game that literally takes place in ltt office and you guys as ugly weird monsters some cool side characters, count as submission? by making my 1 min video a trailer for the game.

No. the requirements are very simple to follow, 

• 30-60 seconds maximum
  • Show us your current Rig
  • Tell us why you deserve to win!
  • #ROGRigReboot19 in the video description
  • Why does your current rig suck?
  • What games do you want to play?
  • Be Creative!!
How does a game trailer cover the highlighted requirements?

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

10 hours ago, Northbound said:

I am guessing they deside omongs the crew and Linus and prob rog aswell :) Dont know why but when you Said "comunity decition" my brain went to the secuanse in Pirates of the Carribian when they all Are woting for a new pirate lord and everyone but Jack Sparrow wotes for himself ??

haha actually thats prolly what would happen XD... thanks for the answer

1 hour ago, Arika S said:

No. the requirements are very simple to follow, 

• 30-60 seconds maximum
  • Show us your current Rig
  • Tell us why you deserve to win!
  • #ROGRigReboot19 in the video description
  • Why does your current rig suck?
  • What games do you want to play?
  • Be Creative!!
How does a game trailer cover the highlighted requirements?

Thanks for replying.

The games story is a bout someone who is trying to play a game on old pc but the pc just crashes (the player can click in the pc to see my real pc specs and can see the icons of the game's I would play on the desktop without actually be able to play them) it's a funny story about a gamer who raids ltt office to get his new pc not too serious. I had like two ideas for the tralier, one is doing a 20 sec video of me explaining the stuff they need to know and then start the tralier which will be so short(not covering all the story for a person who won't play the game) and the second idea is the whole video as tralier and answer the needed questions by showing the right clips in the video. Sorry for the long reply but the reason why I'm making a game is I'm a pretty anti-social who can't record anything of him without being cringe. Thanks again

I just sumbled upon this post by @Something random 

Apparently, 13 countries are excluded from the contest. So much for an "international category" !
Countries Excluded: Taiwan, South Korea, Portugal, Italy, Austria, China, Russia, Hong Kong, Greece, France, Japan, Spain, Czech Republic.

I and I'm sure many others are wondering why our countries would be excluded from the contest. Is it from Asus ? From Linus ? What would be the reasons for this ?

Thank you.