Evga 650 supernova g3

HairyPotter
Go to solution Solved by OrionFOTL,

Hi, RX5700XT doesn't actually need a 700W PSU.

Your whole setup will consume much, much less power than 650W under heavy load.

so i have this psu and i have all the parts for my build excluding the rx 5700 xt red devil that is on its way, and the ryzen 7 3700x, i am just worried will this psu be able to handle all of this? since the red devil website says 700w psu is needed i only have my 650w psu

Just now, OrionFOTL said:

oh that's surprising why would they say that then?

1 minute ago, HairyPotter said:

so i have this psu and i have all the parts for my build excluding the rx 5700 xt red devil that is on its way, and the ryzen 7 3700x, i am just worried will this psu be able to handle all of this? since the red devil website says 700w psu is needed i only have my 650w psu

It will be fine. System with a 3700X + RX5700XT will probably be around 400W or so under load.

The power supply recommendations provided by GPU manufacturers are essentially meaningless. You can't determine how much power an entire system will consume by only knowing one part. It's like completing a jigsaw puzzle with only one piece of the puzzle.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

3 minutes ago, HairyPotter said:

A high quality 550w model will even be enough to power that pc. 

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

Not only what the others have mentioned, but manufacturers generally assume people have shitty, low-quality PSUs and therefore quote higher numbers. A higher-quality, like e.g. the EVGA G3, is fine at somewhat lower rating than the quote from the manufacturer, since it won't crap out even if you were loading it up right to its max -- a low-quality PSU, say, 700W, might crap out completely at 600W already.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

18 minutes ago, HairyPotter said:

i am just worried will this psu be able to handle all of this?

are you buying or do you allready have this PSU?

if you have it, skip for other offerings like the G2, Rmx, TXM, MWE Gold or Formula gold 550w. 

its all good.

6 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

are you buying or do you allready have this PSU?

First line in the first post...

14 minutes ago, HairyPotter said:

so i have this psu and i have all the parts for my build excluding the rx 5700 xt red devil that is on its way

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450