Should I buy a Nexus 7 2012. ?

Hey guys,

I can get a really good deal on this 16 GB Asus Google Nexus 7. I am in the market for a new tablet. I will post some pictures of it below. Do you think it is worth buying? Is it too old? I know it is btter then the cheap chinese tablets. I want to know what do you think.

post-3174-0-04906300-1391200270_thumb.jp

post-3174-0-13833800-1391200289.jpg

post-3174-0-00234300-1391200294_thumb.jp

post-3174-0-63422600-1391200296.jpg

i wouldnt. it will be better than chinese crap, but its too old. the 2013 model isnt that expensive either..

I don't always have time to study, but when I do, I don't.

A bit dated now but you can speed it up by flash a custom ROM + kernel + overclock.

The original is now showing its age I would personally not buy it

i wouldnt. it will be better than chinese crap, but its too old. the 2013 model isnt that expensive either..

I shall then save my money and get a 2013 and maybe if I can wait the 2014. model. Thanks a lot guys.

A bit dated now but you can speed it up by flash a custom ROM + kernel + overclock.

The original is now showing its age I would personally not buy it

I shall then save my money and get a 2013 and maybe if I can wait the 2014. model. Thanks a lot guys.

Other fast 7" Android tablets include the Kindle Fire HDX with Snapdragon 800 and Tegra Note 7 with Tegra 4.

I live in Bosnia and Herzegovina. I can't get any of those here

It runs sweet with Kit Kat 4.4

[AMD Athlon 64 Mobile 4000+ Socket 754 | Gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro nForce3 | OCZ 2GB DDR PC3200 | Sapphire HD 3850 512MB AGP | 850 Evo | Seasonic 430W | Win XP/10]

Unless you got a really good deal on it I wouldn't go for it. I got a 32GB 2012 N7 for $100 right before the 2013 one hit stores. Was a really good deal but tablet's still showing it's age. But hey, gets the job done, still performs really well OC'd to 1.6ghz cpu/520mhz gpu, and heck, it was $100.

Some chinese tablets are pretty fast. Theres some popping up with MT6592 CPUs which are absolutely beast. But not much software support for these. 

Personally I'd go with the eVGA/Advent/Gigabyte/Whatever Tegra Note 7.

"Rawr XD"

Unless you got a really good deal on it I wouldn't go for it. I got a 32GB 2012 N7 for $100 right before the 2013 one hit stores. Was a really good deal but tablet's still showing it's age. But hey, gets the job done, still performs really well OC'd to 1.6ghz cpu/520mhz gpu, and heck, it was $100.

Some chinese tablets are pretty fast. Theres some popping up with MT6592 CPUs which are absolutely beast. But not much software support for these. 

Personally I'd go with the eVGA/Advent/Gigabyte/Whatever Tegra Note 7.

I can't get any of those in Bosnia. The Nexus 7 2013 16 GB here is 415 $ USD and that is a good deal. I have a friend that will go to Germany in about two months and maybe if I save enough money I can tell heim to buy me something up there. The Dell Venue 8 Pro is pretty cheap. I am stuck. :/

The 2012 model is fine. I had it and it ran everything, I don't know any new apps that require a butt-ton of processing power and more than 2GB of RAM, and don't know if anything like that be released for awhile. My only complaint is the only tablet form factor I can get is 10", I don't like 7" all that much.

Quad core SoCs were never fully utilized for awhile because development never picked up for them. They didn't become common awhile, and still aren't dominating a majority of the phones.

tl;dr - Even if a phone has beefy specs doesn't mean you'll use 100% of it. Not a lot of developers do with all the power since bad phones are extremely common.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

I can't get any of those in Bosnia. The Nexus 7 2013 16 GB here is 415 $ USD and that is a good deal. I have a friend that will go to Germany in about two months and maybe if I save enough money I can tell heim to buy me something up there. The Dell Venue 8 Pro is pretty cheap. I am stuck. :/

Dell Venue 8 Pro is okay. Depending on what you want to do, a 2012 Nexus 7 is fine. I use mine for facebook, internet, youtube, movies, etc. and it does it without a hitch. The only thing I found it can't handle so far is NBA 2K14. But then again, that game has better graphics on Android then I've seen on pretty much any PS2 game. 

"Rawr XD"

It's not that old, and it's still amazing for the price. I have mine rooted on a different kernel and overclocked but I still haven't tried a new ROM yet.

Does everything I want it to just fine.

NZXT Phantom|FX-8320 @4.4GHz|Gigabyte 970A-UD3P|240GB SSD|2x 500GB HDD|16GB RAM|2x AMD MSI R9 270|2x 1080p IPS|Win 10

Dell Precision M4500 - Dell Latitude E4310 - HTC One M8

$200 Volvo 245