"Microsoft's new CEO will be Satya Nadella, Gates may be out as chairman"

TopWargamer

http://www.theverge.com/2014/1/30/5362564/microsoft-new-ceo-reportedly-satya-nadella

Reports say that Microsoft is considering Satya Nadella to step in as the company's new CEO after a months-long search. He has been near the top of the list of expected candidates to take Steve Ballmer's role, and now Bloomberg and other outlets report that he is likely the next to take the job. Microsoft spokesperson Frank Shaw declined to confirm or deny the reports, telling The Verge, "We are not commenting." Bloomberg's sources note that the decision has yet to be finalized, but he has "emerged as one of the stronger candidates" over the past few weeks. Dina Bass, the lead reporter on the Bloomberg article, says in a tweet: "Microsoft's board is preparing to name Satya Nadella CEO, sources tell us."

In addition, the report says that Microsoft's board is considering replacing founder Bill Gates as the company's chairman. Board member John Thompson is named as a possible replacement. Thompson recently revealed details about the company's CEO search, and he's said to have pushed Ballmer in the past to adapt more quickly to the competition.

I'm not even going to pretend like I know what all this guy has done, because I don't, but if Microsoft thinks that he is the right choice, then I guess I'll have to take their word on it. Nothing is confirmed yet, but he is very likely become the next CEO of Microsoft.

In addition to this news, Bill Gates may be out as chairman. I'm not sure why they would want to do that, especially since he is the founder and all, but hey, if that's what they're gonna do, then that's what they're gonna do. Again, I dunno why they would want to throw out Gates. If he is thrown out, this would allot him more time towards him doing all of the awesome things that he has been doing lately.

Thoughts on this?

COMIC SANS

I thought he already was thrown out? My mistake lol

Diamond 5 in League :)

i don't has opinion here, so i will just say "ok". i've never heard of nadella because i was never interested in microsoft's staff and vaguely heard about bill gates.

i don't has opinion here, so i will just say "ok"

Then why post at all? Really now, why make a post saying that you have no opinion? Its just attention whoring / post farming.

I have never heard of Satya before. Apparently he is the executive vice president of Microsoft's cloud and enterprise division.

He seems like a pretty good candidate to me. But to be honest, anyone is better than Ballmer right now.

ummm interesting, this happened with jobs at one point with apple didn't back in the 90's , but welcome to the world of democracy does not matter what you have done in the past it is what you are doing now, if they don't like you then bye bye. 

Current Build : 

CASE: Fractal Design R4 w/Window CPU: Intel 4930K,  RAM: 16GB Ripjaws Z 2133Mhz  Cooling: H100i  MotherBoard: Asus P9x79 Pro , PSU: CS750M   Storage: 2x Samsung 840 Pro 256Gb , 1Tb Seagate Barracuda, 500GB WD Black,  Graphics: Gigabyte GTX 780 Windforce 3GB,  Monitors: AOC G2460PG ( G sync monitor), Edge10 24" 1080p , 24" 1680*1020p monitor ( LCD)  Microphone: Blue Yeti  Keyboard: Cougar 700k  Phone: Samsung Note 3  Headphones: Sennheiser HD598

Laptop:

CPU: 
4710MQ  Ram: 8GB 1600MHz Storage:120Gb 840 Evo + 1Tb 5400Rpm HDD  Graphics: GTX 850M 2GB   Screen: 1080p IPS  

why would you oust Bill Gates? Although I'm not sure how much influence he really has anymore. But hey if the new guy is from the software side maybe it will be a good thing?

Delltopia

Case & Mobo: Stock Dell Optiplex 7010, CPU: i5 3470, RAM: 16gb 1333 DDR3 (1x8gb Corsair Vengence, 2x4gb Random), GPU: Diamond Radeon HD 7970,

PSU: EVGA GQ 650W, SSD: Kingston v300 128gb (OS), HDD: 700gb Seagate 7200rpm (Storage)

so the new guns are finally here:

Satya Nadella Vs Tim Cook

Let the battle begin

Apple-VS-Microsoft.jpg

AMD FX-8350 @ 4.7Ghz when gaming | MSI 990FXA-GD80 v2 | Swiftech H220 | Sapphire Radeon HD 7950  +  XFX Radeon 7950 | 8 Gigs of Crucial Ballistix Tracers | 140 GB Raptor X | 1 TB WD Blue | 250 GB Samsung Pro SSD | 120 GB Samsung SSD | 750 Watt Antec HCG PSU | Corsair C70 Mil Green

Ok another Indian in a Top Company after Sundar Pichai took over Android and Chrome. Hope they do good job.

I am not addicted to drugs But to GADGETS.

ummm interesting, this happened with jobs at one point with apple didn't back in the 90's , but welcome to the world of democracy does not matter what you have done in the past it is what you are doing now, if they don't like you then bye bye.

Jobs thing was in the 80's and was in is no way comparable to what is going on here, which also does not involve democracy.

http://www.theverge.com/2014/1/30/5362564/microsoft-new-ceo-reportedly-satya-nadella

I'm not even going to pretend like I know what all this guy has done, because I don't, but if Microsoft thinks that he is the right choice, then I guess I'll have to take their word on it. Nothing is confirmed yet, but he is very likely become the next CEO of Microsoft.

In addition to this news, Bill Gates may be out as chairman. I'm not sure why they would want to do that, especially since he is the founder and all, but hey, if that's what they're gonna do, then that's what they're gonna do. Again, I dunno why they would want to throw out Gates. If he is thrown out, this would allot him more time towards him doing all of the awesome things that he has been doing lately.

Thoughts on this?

Why are people even talking about this so much? This is nothing but a bunch of speculation that could be all bollocks for all we know. Stop speculating, be patient, and wait for the actual announcement by microsoft. It's basically a clickbait article by the verge. 

"Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Why are people even talking about this so much? This is nothing but a bunch of speculation that could be all bollocks for all we know. Stop speculating, be patient, and wait for the actual announcement by microsoft. It's basically a clickbait article by the verge. 

Its being reported at alot of news desks. When Bloomberg CNET, and Huffington Post all report the same thing, theres probably more than some meat to it.

AMD FX-8350 @ 4.7Ghz when gaming | MSI 990FXA-GD80 v2 | Swiftech H220 | Sapphire Radeon HD 7950  +  XFX Radeon 7950 | 8 Gigs of Crucial Ballistix Tracers | 140 GB Raptor X | 1 TB WD Blue | 250 GB Samsung Pro SSD | 120 GB Samsung SSD | 750 Watt Antec HCG PSU | Corsair C70 Mil Green

Its being reported at alot of news desks. When Bloomberg CNET, and Huffington Post all report the same thing, theres probably more than some meat to it.

That must be why all of those websites reported that an iwatch would come out for years and years.

Sorry for being cynical, I just think this is a load of bull. 

"Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

It sounds to me that if Gates is going to leave then it's because he wants to leave, I don't see why they would decide he's no longer useful then replace him, but I don't know the inner workings of a billion dollar company.

My previous 4P Folding & current Personal Rig

I once was a poor man, but then I found a crown.

Then why post at all? Really now, why make a post saying that you have no opinion? Its just attention whoring / post farming.

I have never heard of Satya before. Apparently he is the executive vice president of Microsoft's cloud and enterprise division.

He seems like a pretty good candidate to me. But to be honest, anyone is better than Ballmer right now.

Attention whoring is when someone tries to start an argument that is meaningless in every possible way. -_-

why would you oust Bill Gates? Although I'm not sure how much influence he really has anymore. But hey if the new guy is from the software side maybe it will be a good thing?

Well I mean their most recent products haven't been selling to well. The Microsoft Surface and new Xbox console are particular examples of whether or not something needs to be changed but I still don't think throwing Gates out will help that in any way. 

Thoughts on this?

Apparently Sadaya is the current CEO of Microsoft's Cloud and Enterprise group and is credited for bringing Microsoft's database, Windows Server and developer tools to their Azure cloud. His background is strong and his division has brought in quite a bit of revenue for microsoft since he's been CEO so if he does become CEO of Microsoft he could point them in the right direction.

I dont care who runs it long as they dontaprove another windows 8 debacle

No more Steve Ballmer is a good thing.

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

I say make Gates the CEO and chairman.  Because he was the one who drew microsoft into popularity and at that time Microsoft Windows was a good operating system, not saying its bad but every second OS it seems theres one thats absolutely terrible from Steve Ballmer, Windows XP (good) Windows Vista (Bad) Windows 7 (Good) Windows 8 (bad) Windows 9 (unknown yet).   Windows is good, and its still running but its also bad.  It needs to be resurrected from the grave.  Microsoft needs to put features that are unimaginable (in a good way) in Windows.  Like being able to dual boot without actually booting (like being able to switch to operating systems on different partitions/hard drives with the click on a button).

I don't know anything about Satya Nadella, but the article describes him in a worrying fashion. For Microsoft to survive they need to innovate, bring interesting and useful products and experiences to consumers. Right now, they're missing the mark completely - Apple create iPod, Microsoft spews out their Zune players. Apple make iPhone, Microsoft trundle along a few years later with a half-broken Windows Phone 7. Apple make iPad, Microsoft a few years later throw out the flop that was Surface RT. See the pattern?

They've got the money, they've got the talent and they've got the patents. They just need to start doing something and trying to create something original instead of just constantly playing catch-up with Apple and Android. And with the way they're talking about Satya Nadella, I get the distinct impression he'll be altogether too focused on finances and not enough on innovative products.

"Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted
Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials | Members of Staff

his name is so weird, i read it as Straya Nutella

Processor: Intel core i7 930 @3.6  Mobo: Asus P6TSE  GPU: EVGA GTX 680 SC  RAM:12 GB G-skill Ripjaws 2133@1333  SSD: Intel 335 240gb  HDD: Seagate 500gb

Monitors: 2x Samsung 245B  Keyboard: Blackwidow Ultimate   Mouse: Zowie EC1 Evo   Mousepad: Goliathus Alpha  Headphones: MMX300  Case: Antec DF-85

Attention whoring is when someone tries to start an argument that is meaningless in every possible way. -_-

I don't see any part of that that is trying to start an arguement. And he is right to an extent. 90% of Lanoi's post seem meaningless, no offense is you're reading this lanoi

Finally my Santa hat doesn't look out of place

I don't know anything about Satya Nadella, but the article describes him in a worrying fashion. For Microsoft to survive they need to innovate, bring interesting and useful products and experiences to consumers. Right now, they're missing the mark completely - Apple create iPod, Microsoft spews out their Zune players. Apple make iPhone, Microsoft trundle along a few years later with a half-broken Windows Phone 7. Apple make iPad, Microsoft a few years later throw out the flop that was Surface RT. See the pattern?

They've got the money, they've got the talent and they've got the patents. They just need to start doing something and trying to create something original instead of just constantly playing catch-up with Apple and Android. And with the way they're talking about Satya Nadella, I get the distinct impression he'll be altogether too focused on finances and not enough on innovative products.

Of course there's a pattern. Microsoft always waits for the competition to make a bold move to see how they do in the market. Afterwards, they release a rival product years down the line... Very frustrating, because the Zune IS an awesome piece of hardware.