LTT Sponsor Spots, for Honey, Everywhere

Uttamattamakin

So @LinusTech your sponsor spots are appearing as ads in other peoples videos now.  Surely you all knew this was coming right?  YT or Honey didn't just claim to own your videos.      I love your work but it is really jarring to see your spot for Honey, served up in the middle of a hard core WWII documentary.   Video discussing the order of battle of the 6th Panzer Army... then your ad.   Video by Blaire White being slightly less inflammatory than usual... then your ad.  So on.. 

Probably not what you thought would happen. 

Not complaining it's just funny juxtaposition. 

1 minute ago, LinusTech said:

I'm not sure, actually. Will check with business team. 

Just so you know it's the same tactics Oneplus uses MKBHD's review as oneplus ads and Huawei uses Unbox therapy's unboxings as it's ads. they just auto play the snippets where they praise the phone and link that as ads on youtube home page. 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

2 hours ago, harryk said:

I concur, nearly every Youtube ad I've seen today is Riley telling me to get Honey

Same, and constant Honey sponsor spots from the WAN show

4 hours ago, LinusTech said:

I'm not sure, actually. Will check with business team. 

:/ I hope they are paying you for it because it is really effective.   The surprise and shock of seeing your spot appear there I'm going to remember that and am still thinking about it.  

Haven't seen them constantly.  Just a few times one after the other after the other... then no more. 

Edited by Uttamattamakin

Now this is more... appropriate.  Yes I love seeing this here.  

Gaming content ... goes with technical content that kind relates to gaming.  Maybe YT should just realize they'll have to pay humans to figure these things out and leave the AI in the lab for a while. 
image.thumb.png.f2c3ff91b6bcc5c171dfa6cd548ef4f6.png

Really hope LMG isn't getting ripped off somehow. 

Depends on what their contract is. If there's mention about giving sponsor rights to use footage or clips on their own marketing, then that's how it goes. Remember that LMG has done ads and product overviews in the past, including the famous firetruck video which was used for marketing the item (hence why it has all the views).

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

On 8/5/2019 at 5:26 PM, Uttamattamakin said:

served up in the middle of a hard core WWII documentary.

ngl, I thought that sentence was leading somewhere else!

Laptop:

Spoiler

HP OMEN 15 - Intel Core i7 9750H, 16GB DDR4, 512GB NVMe SSD, Nvidia RTX 2060, 15.6" 1080p 144Hz IPS display

PC:

Spoiler

Vacancy - Looking for applicants, please send CV

Mac:

Spoiler

2009 Mac Pro 8 Core - 2 x Xeon E5520, 16GB DDR3 1333 ECC, 120GB SATA SSD, AMD Radeon 7850. Soon to be upgraded to 2 x 6 Core Xeons

Phones:

Spoiler

LG G6 - Platinum (The best colour of any phone, period)

LG G7 - Moroccan Blue

11 hours ago, yolosnail said:

ngl, I thought that sentence was leading somewhere else!

What's more hardcore than the battle of the bulge?

See what I did there.  

Glad I wasn't the only one.  I don't have the targetted advertising on for my google account and I'm actually not even subbed to LTT on youtube but I was getting these pretty consistently

*disables adblocker*

Well I'll be damned.

PLEASE QUOTE ME IF YOU ARE REPLYING TO ME

Desktop Build: Ryzen 7 2700X @ 4.0GHz, AsRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming, 48GB Corsair DDR4 @ 3000MHz, RX5700 XT 8GB Sapphire Nitro+, Benq XL2730 1440p 144Hz FS

Retro Build: Intel Pentium III @ 500 MHz, Dell Optiplex G1 Full AT Tower, 768MB SDRAM @ 133MHz, Integrated Graphics, Generic 1024x768 60Hz Monitor