Thread For Tech Quickie Video Suggestions

kinda dumb, but why apple shits it self because off that one character.

Ex frequent user here, still check in here occasionally. I stopped being a weeb in 2018 lol

For a reply please quote or  @Eduard the weeb me :D

Xayah Main in Lol, trying to learn Drums and guitar. Know how to film do photography, can do basic video editing

Maybe a video on the benchmarks are different than real life scenarios.

I'm not talking Geek Bench vs Adobe.. I mean why a game benchmark isn't the same as planning the actual game in terms of performance. Like AC Origins bench vs game. Or Tomb Raider can in game.

AIO vs Custom loop. Im at the point in my build and could use some quick info. Is the custom loop worth $250 or more in different scenarios. Should I buy the GPU at a little bit higher cost to get an AIO package?

(Pls look at my build its for gaming and streaming.)

CPU I7 8700k Motherboard Asus Strix Z370E RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) 3000 GPU Gigabyte Windforce 1060 6gb OC Edition Case Fractal Design Meshify C Storage Samsung 960 EVO M.2 500GB NVMe PSU Corsair RM650x  Cooling Corsair Hydro Series H55 Quiet Edition 

Other types of RAID

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

#MuricaParrotGang

The meme thread

All of my image memes are made with GIMP.

My specs are crap but if you are interested:

Spoiler

The meme-making machine - Optiplex 780:

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3.0 GHz

GPU: NVidia Quadro FX 580

RAM: 2 GB

SSD: Non-existent

HDD: 1 TB

Laptop: HP 255 G7

CPU: Ryzen 5 3500U

GPU: Radeon Vega 8

RAM: 8 GB

SSD: 500 GB NVMe

On 4/25/2013 at 8:03 PM, rjshield said:

Anisotropic Filtering

Powerline Adapter network vs MoCA network.

I've seen your videos on the benefits of powerline adapter over wifi but you've never mentioned using Moca to create a network. Most homes today do not come with pre-existing Cat5 but do have a ton of coaxial in almost every room. MoCA allows a homeowner to take those coaxial cables and turn it into a MoCa network. With a MoCA adapter on the receiving end of the signal, you can use Cat5 from the adapter to a switch and run at Gigabit speeds. Moca does add only a few milliseconds of latency but this is still great for things like gaming and video uploading. It's more costly then powerline adapters but not by that much and you don't have that worry about noise and filters removing the signal. PLEASE!!! make a video about this and hopefully make a full tech tip video on this. I'm sure there are plenty of guys that could benefit from this info.

This would be a little longer of a video, and maybe more LTT appropriate, but it would be amazing if you could have a guide to building a diy or kit power bank.  You frequently review gaming laptops (which we love), but many of them have poor battery lives and can't be charged by reasonably affordable power banks.  If you could cover buying proper cells, give a few recommended power supply enclosures, and list a few simple equations to make sure that we have enough amps and volts to charge our laptops' batteries without frying them, college students and everyone else who can't afford or justify the cost of purchasing both a more portable laptop and a separate desktop for gaming, would be eternally grateful.

On 4/25/2013 at 11:11 AM, LinusTech said:

The old thread in the vBulletin forum got lost in the migration (don't worry I still have access to it and I'll still look at it) so I'm creating a new one.

Guidelines

1. Video should be possible to watch in 1-2 minutes.
 2. No elaborate props. If we can't shoot it in the white box with a couple of demonstrative pieces, it's probably not feasible.
 3. Keep it simple! The idea here is to simplify computer concepts to the point where your mom can understand it. Not looking for "how to peel the ramspreaders off your memory"

I will read these suggestions, but I may not reply to this thread very often. That doesn't mean I'm not paying attention, it just means I'm busy creating lots of new video content 

If you haven't heard of Tech Quickie, it's another YouTube channel we run for paid content and the ever-popular "Fast As Possible" series.

Techquickie's channel - YouTube

Learn about the latest cool technology in only a couple minutes! Hosted by Linus Sebastian

Could you cover Bass Shakers, when they are preferred and possible pro's and cons?

Setting up a personal VPN FAP

I make intelligent lights do cool things

On 4/25/2013 at 11:11 AM, LinusTech said:

The old thread in the vBulletin forum got lost in the migration (don't worry I still have access to it and I'll still look at it) so I'm creating a new one.

Guidelines

2. No elaborate props. If we can't shoot it in the white box with a couple of demonstrative pieces, it's probably not feasible.
 3. Keep it simple! The idea here is to simplify computer concepts to the point where your mom can understand it. Not looking for "how to peel the ramspreaders off your memory"

I will read these suggestions, but I may not reply to this thread very often. That doesn't mean I'm not paying attention, it just means I'm busy creating lots of new video content 

If you haven't heard of Tech Quickie, it's another YouTube channel we run for paid content and the ever-popular "Fast As Possible" series.

Learn about the latest cool technology in only a couple minutes! Hosted by Linus Sebastian

The History of Unicode

What happens when someone says they "refurbished" something? How reliable is this

Insanity is not the absence of sanity, but the willingness to ignore it for a purpose. Chaos is the result of this choice. I relish in both.

11 minutes ago, Jtalk4456 said:

What happens when someone says they "refurbished" something? How reliable is this

I would argue it depends on where you're getting it from it's from somewhere like scan.co.uk who sell refurb'd corsair keyboards; the refurb's actually come from Corsair themselves, scan just then re-sell them but if it's a startup company most of their refurbs would be in house so just employ a bit of common sense i'd say

Just now, Tcrumpen said:

I would argue it depends on where you're getting it from it's from somewhere like scan.co.uk who sell refurb'd corsair keyboards; the refurb's actually come from Corsair themselves, scan just then re-sell them but if it's a startup company most of their refurbs would be in house so just employ a bit of common sense i'd say

fair enough but i'm looking at a general look at reliable manufacturers like HP and Dell and what refurbished means to them

Insanity is not the absence of sanity, but the willingness to ignore it for a purpose. Chaos is the result of this choice. I relish in both.

13 minutes ago, Jtalk4456 said:

fair enough but i'm looking at a general look at reliable manufacturers like HP and Dell and what refurbished means to them

Ahh right ok

Tech for new parents

35 minutes ago, colombiand04 said:

From reading that, it looks more like a smear campaign talking about general security concerns with ANY processor or computer, not actually a vulnerability in AMD's processor lines. and the way it was released  with websites that just popped up in public space and videos on a youtube channel that just got made, along with the way you worded your comment only confirms the intent to try and bring down AMD's business, regardless of whether the article points out any real security vulnerabilities. Also even if these are real vulnerabilities and not just a ridiculous smear campaign, intel is having just as much problem with meltdown and spectre as this article claims AMD is having, therefore, this would not bring down AMD, only bring them to the same level of concern with any Intel branded processors currently

Sourcemod VS Standalone Source Game

Info on Source Engine can be found at: https://developer.valvesoftware.com/

Currently working towards fully restoring my ThinkPad T510

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 -- ASUS Dual Radeon RX 6650 XT OC Edition 8GB -- Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 32GB 3200MHz DDR4 (4x8GB) -- ASRock B450M Steel Legend -- Corsair CX650M -- SAMA IM01 -- Crucial P2 500GB NVMe, 2x Crucial BX500 1TB

How about why internet data costs money, why it costs more to get more data, and if its to do with bandwidth, why are unlimited plans offered? 

ADSL 2 vs VDSL ? 

I've noticed fiber optic networks come with a VDSL standard modem/router from the ISP. It'll be nice to see how different VDSL is from the previous standard ADSL. 

On 4/25/2013 at 5:11 PM, LinusTech said:

Guidelines

I

Mobile workstation: Lenovo Thinkpad W541 - i7-4710MQ | NVidia Quadro K1100M | 8GB DDR3 | 240GB SSD

1. A comprehensive vid covering the different types of RAID. I know they already have done it, but an all in one updated vid would be nice.

2. CPU and GPU number of cores vs clock speed. Also talking about situations where each would benefit 

3. How reliable a "factory refurbished" item is. From laptops and cellphones to PC components.