Why buy expenisive x570 motherboards?

What is the difference between cheaper x570 motherboards like the Asus - PRIME X570-P ATX AM4 Motherboard of $165
and a expensive motherboard like ROG Crosshair viii hero of $430

More Money = More Better.

But seriously, its just like any mobo, they have differnt prices

I would just get the prime tbh

i7 6700k, GTX 1080, Crucial MX 300, Maximus VII Hero, WD Blue, 16 GB RAM

Quality of VRMs and other components usually (not always) tends to be better. That's not a guarantee though.

Features and other small things like aesthetics are usually better as you move up in price.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

3 minutes ago, Lurick said:

Quality of VRMs and other components usually (not always) tends to be better. That's not a guarantee though.

Features and other small things like aesthetics are usually better as you move up in price.

All are great and are worth $50 extra but where does the $270 extra come from then?

3 minutes ago, Niel_A said:

All are great and are worth $50 extra but where does the $270 extra come from then?

considering they start at 160-170$. idk what you are on about. 

x570 is pretty much better than x470 at every tier. 

This has literally all the answers you need

Quote and/or tag people using @ otherwise they don't get notified of your response!

The HUMBLE Computer:

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X • Noctua NH-U12A • ASUS STRIX X570-F • Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16 • GIGABYTE Nvidia GTX1080 G1 • FRACTAL DESIGN Define C w/ blue Meshify C front • Corsair RM750x (2018) • OS: Kingston KC2000 1TB GAMES: Intel 660p 1TB DATA: Seagate Desktop 2TB • Acer Predator X34P 34" 3440x1440p 120 Hz IPS curved Ultrawide • Corsair STRAFE RGB Cherry MX Brown • Logitech G502 HERO / Logitech MX Master 3

Notebook:  HP Spectre x360 13" late 2018

Core i7 8550U • 16GB DDR3 RAM • 512GB NVMe SSD • 13" 1920x1080p 120 Hz IPS touchscreen • dual Thunderbolt 3

The most I would spend would be 300$, it's crazy to see mobos like the Asus with EK waterblocks on the VRMs for... 300$ more than a comparable motherboard but with out those waterblocks?

I'm picking the Taichi X570 for my X3900 that I just ordered, and I'm glad I made the right choice,seems to be the best sub 300$ X570 motherboard.

13 minutes ago, SliceT said:

The most I would spend would be 300$, it's crazy to see mobos like the Asus with EK waterblocks on the VRMs for... 300$ more than a comparable motherboard but with out those waterblocks?

I'm picking the Taichi X570 for my X3900 that I just ordered, and I'm glad I made the right choice,seems to be the best sub 300$ X570 motherboard.

Go for it Taichi is a solid board.  The 570 boards are costing as much as HEDT boards in the past.  All because of PCIe 4.0.  Which is why Intel is sticking with PCIe 3.0 for their 10th generation of CPU's in 2020.  I mean we just bought our 20xx GPU what 10 months.  The way nVidia does things in the past it will be another 1 full year before you hear of the 30xx GPU's.  nVidia is about 2 years every product.  The 1080 came out and was alone on top of the industry for over 2 years until the 20xx came. 

So basically your paying for PCIe 4.0 which you don't even use, and that is about it.  But I will admit if I went 3900x I would get a x570 board just because it works the best with that CPU and what not.  I don't like this x470 BIOS flash stuff,,, if your getting a new CPU get a new mobo as well and RAM if you don't have it.

Asus Sabertooth x79 / 4930k @ 4500 @ 1.408v / Gigabyte WF 2080 RTX / Corsair VG 64GB @ 1866 & AX1600i & H115i Pro @ 2x Noctua NF-A14 / Carbide 330r Blackout

Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface / KRK Rokits 10" / Sennheiser HD 650 / Logitech G Pro Wireless Mouse & G915 Linear & G935 & C920 / SL 88 Grand / Cakewalk / NF-A14 Int P12 Ex
AOC 40" 4k Curved / LG 55" OLED C9 120hz / LaCie Porsche Design 2TB & 500GB / Samsung 950 Pro 500GB / 850 Pro 500GB / Crucial m4 500GB / Asus M.2 Card

56 minutes ago, Niel_A said:

What is the difference between cheaper x570 motherboards like the Asus - PRIME X570-P ATX AM4 Motherboard of $165
and a expensive motherboard like ROG Crosshair viii hero of $430

this "What is the difference" question is incorrect

It should be "What are the differences" because there are waaaaay to many differences, hare are just a few of them:

Ports

connectivity

VRM rating for supporting high core-count overclocked CPUs

Better cooling for your components

Looks and quality of materials

Handy features and buttons to make your life easer (POWER/RESET buttons, temperature indicators, troubleshooting stuff, etc)

And special add-ons (waterblocks so that you don't have to buy them separately, RGB and so on)

Figure out what your budget and specific needs first, and once you have done all of that, then you can make better questions to get BETTER HELP

Hope it helps...

41 minutes ago, KEIN NEIN said:

this "What is the difference" question is incorrect

It should be "What are the differences" because there are waaaaay to many differences, hare are just a few of them:

Ports

connectivity

VRM rating for supporting high core-count overclocked CPUs

Better cooling for your components

Looks and quality of materials

Handy features and buttons to make your life easer (POWER/RESET buttons, temperature indicators, troubleshooting stuff, etc)

And special add-ons (waterblocks so that you don't have to buy them separately, RGB and so on)

Hope it helps...

What does VRM rating do? 

49 minutes ago, Turtle Rig said:

Go for it Taichi is a solid board.  The 570 boards are costing as much as HEDT boards in the past.  All because of PCIe 4.0.  Which is why Intel is sticking with PCIe 3.0 for their 10th generation of CPU's in 2020.  I mean we just bought our 20xx GPU what 10 months.  The way nVidia does things in the past it will be another 1 full year before you hear of the 30xx GPU's.  nVidia is about 2 years every product.  The 1080 came out and was alone on top of the industry for over 2 years until the 20xx came. 

So basically your paying for PCIe 4.0 which you don't even use, and that is about it.  But I will admit if I went 3900x I would get a x570 board just because it works the best with that CPU and what not.  I don't like this x470 BIOS flash stuff,,, if your getting a new CPU get a new mobo as well and RAM if you don't have it.

The 2 im comparing are both x570, what does the most expensive have more that is worth $270

1 hour ago, SliceT said:

What makes the taichi so much better than the prime x570p? 

11 minutes ago, Niel_A said:

What does VRM rating do? 

The better the VRM the better overclocks you get

but buying a $700 board with a monstruosity of VRM is not necessarily a good idea.

Indead those boards are for LN2 OC mostly, just get one with a VRM that doesn't stink hard

You can watch gamers nexus and actually hardcore overclocking, they will tell you what VRM is OK. Otherwise we need to get into "boring" electronics stuff.

I went with a 450 bazooka, I wanted matx and the ONLY x570m was almost 200 dollers, it looked nice though

Desktop:ryzen 5 3600 | MSI b45m bazooka | EVGA 650w Icoolermaster masterbox nr400 |16 gb ddr4  corsiar lpx| Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1070ti |500GB SSD+2TB SSHD, 2tb seagate barracuda [OS/games/mass storage] | HpZR240w 1440p led logitech g502 proteus spectrum| Coolermaster quick fire pro cherry mx  brown |