Domains on FTP?

Go to solution Solved by TheKDub,
1 minute ago, Flux Azreal said:

public 

In the address bar of Windows Explorer, type ftp:// then the ip address or domain, then hit enter.

Or use something such as Filezilla instead, that way you can use SFTP, FTP, or Storj, instead of just FTP.

Using windows's FTP how can i use a domain? (like no-ip)

or FTPS can't take advantage of those?

1 minute ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

the domain name just points to the ip. 

Do you want this on the public or private network? 

public 

1 minute ago, Flux Azreal said:

public 

In the address bar of Windows Explorer, type ftp:// then the ip address or domain, then hit enter.

Or use something such as Filezilla instead, that way you can use SFTP, FTP, or Storj, instead of just FTP.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Just now, TheKDub said:

Oh, i thought i would have to do something in the manager thanks

I think he wants to clearly use no-ip and ftp externally. using a public ip? 

correct me if i am wrong...

Linux... everywhere! 

2 hours ago, Linuxy said:

I think he wants to clearly use no-ip and ftp externally. using a public ip? 

correct me if i am wrong...

That is correct. 

15 hours ago, Flux Azreal said:

That is correct. 

Well first, you need to have the No-ip client running on your FTP server (or have your router configured with No-ip, if it's capable). Then, once your No-ip account is setup and your domain is configured, you need to port-forward the FTP server (and FTP port) in your router.

After that, you simply use the domain instead of the IP Address to connect (Example: Using FileZilla FTP client, or a web browser, or File Explorer, etc).

Quite simply, all No-ip does is forward any traffic from that domain to your IP Address.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

4 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

Well first, you need to have the No-ip client running on your FTP server (or have your router configured with No-ip, if it's capable). Then, once your No-ip account is setup and your domain is configured, you need to port-forward the FTP server (and FTP port) in your router.

After that, you simply use the domain instead of the IP Address to connect (Example: Using FileZilla FTP client, or a web browser, or File Explorer, etc).

Quite simply, all No-ip does is forward any traffic from that domain to your IP Address.

Its been solved for a while. Thanks though.