What are all your favorite esoteric programming langauges?

Dash Lambda

I've been working on an esoteric programming language interpreter, started out as a simple BrainFuck interpreter but it's grown way past that. It currently has interpreters for BrainFuck and WhiteSpace, plus native support for the BF derivatives Fluffle Puff and Ook and a universal user-defined BrainFuck language translator. Additional features include the option for an optimized or unoptimized BrainFuck interpreter, Long and SafeLong based WhiteSpace interpreters (planning to make it generic), and a WhiteSpace assembler so you can write WhiteSpace programs in an actually readable assembly language.

I'm wondering what languages I should add next. There are a lot of esoteric languages, and I'd like to have a variety.

For those of you who look at the code and think it looks odd, the big point of this project is that it uses a functional style, so I make heavy use of immutable data structures and tail recursion.

"Do as I say, not as I do."

-Because you actually care if it makes sense.

I like BrainFuck, but I'm biased. I've spent alot of time writing BrainFuck compilers/interpreters to study different algorithms, including pushdown automata.

I've been working alot and seem to have forgotten how to comprehend what I read.

Have you thought about coming up with your own language? You seem to have a pretty good understanding of how simple languages work.

ENCRYPTION IS NOT A CRIME

My favorite not-so-esoteric programming language is APL. The Dyalog APL interpreter even lets me interact with .NET, enabling me to write native desktop applications for Windows in it, but I really don't want to do that.

It is awesome for maths and statistics though!

Write in C.

7 minutes ago, infamoustrey said:

That is hilarious, how have I never seen this before!

If you find that hilarious check out the chicken language

On 6/29/2019 at 2:55 PM, wasab said:

Whitespace

10 hours ago, infamoustrey said:

That is hilarious, how have I never seen this before!

My interpreter not only supports Whitespace, but it even has an assembler to translate to and from a readable assembly language version of Whitespace. 

On 6/29/2019 at 4:46 PM, straight_stewie said:

Have you thought about coming up with your own language? You seem to have a pretty good understanding of how simple languages work.

I have actually, I may end up doing that. 

"Do as I say, not as I do."

-Because you actually care if it makes sense.

• 1 month later...

I really only took the time to learn Brainfuck, but I put a brainfuck interpreter written in TI-BASIC on my calculater and low key I only do that in math class now.