VR = too much sweat, any tips?

Fasauceome
Go to solution Solved by FindMyTaco,

Oculus Rift owner here.

A little while back I kept getting angry that my headset would fog up, and starting to look for online solutions. I actually stumbled upon a 3d spacer for glasses, which actually helps vent the Rift from myself fogging it up as well.

I'm not too sure if there is something that is printable for the Vive, but do be aware (in rare cases) people have gotten condensation in there headset and it has died from it.

HOWEVER DON'T GET TOO WORRIED.... Just take a break every now and then and you should be fine.

However I suggest that you should look into getting an aftermarket surround piece that goes on your face. There are some that are more porous that'll allow a little bit more moisture out. My bud has had good luck with this, which would probably help a lot.

Also, when I play Beat Saber or other intense games I have a fan blowing on me which helps a surprising amount.

Lastly, if you're worried about sweaty hands, you can run to the store and get some lotion for your hands to help. I haven't tried their stuff but you might want to look into this.

Hope this helps!

Triple threat: It's humid as all hell, I'm in the worst shape of my life, and I'm the sweatiest guy I know even when I'm fit. Quick question, is the Vive waterproof?

My brow resembles Niagara falls more than a human feature, what's the best way to keep the sweat out of my precious VR headset? Right now a headband doesn't seem to cut it, and the fan blowing on me helps but not enough for sustained Beat Saber practice. Yes my Battle.net user is Captainmoist but there's a limit to what one poor little headset can take.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Don't swing as hard as you possibly can. I did that during pirate training simulator or what ever it is (you shoot droid things as well as you have a baton and shield) and worked up a pretty big sweat beating things as hard as i can.

CPU: Intel i7 - 5820k @ 4.5GHz, Cooler: Corsair H80i, Motherboard: MSI X99S Gaming 7, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4 2666MHz CL16,

GPU: ASUS GTX 980 Strix, Case: Corsair 900D, PSU: Corsair AX860i 860W, Keyboard: Logitech G19, Mouse: Corsair M95, Storage: Intel 730 Series 480GB SSD, WD 1.5TB Black

Display: BenQ XL2730Z 2560x1440 144Hz

1 minute ago, trag1c said:

Don't swing as hard as you possibly can. I did that during pirate training simulator or what ever it is (you shoot droid things as well as you have a baton and shield) and worked up a pretty big sweat beating things as hard as i can.

Well part of it is working up the sweat in the first place, yeah I swing too hard but it's part of the fun ? but yeah going less ham does help reduce dripping. Still, when I've got a crowd and I need to show off I gotta go nuts, I always add my own dance moves to the best saber track.

I actually can manage a few space pirate trainer rounds in a row, like 7 or 10 even on a drier day. It just makes my arms stiff from holding the guns up for a long time.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

3 minutes ago, Bitter said:

You're just water cooled, that's all.

Ah I see, so it's time for a triple rad

Primary PC:

18 minutes ago, dgsddfgdfhgs said:

sweat is normal, implies healthy

Hyperhidrosis much?

13 minutes ago, mad dudy said:

get blown by a a/c?

Don't have a dedicated unit, but I wouldn't want to buy one and get it set up in its own little place just for my VR space.

Primary PC:

Oculus Rift owner here.

A little while back I kept getting angry that my headset would fog up, and starting to look for online solutions. I actually stumbled upon a 3d spacer for glasses, which actually helps vent the Rift from myself fogging it up as well.

I'm not too sure if there is something that is printable for the Vive, but do be aware (in rare cases) people have gotten condensation in there headset and it has died from it.

HOWEVER DON'T GET TOO WORRIED.... Just take a break every now and then and you should be fine.

However I suggest that you should look into getting an aftermarket surround piece that goes on your face. There are some that are more porous that'll allow a little bit more moisture out. My bud has had good luck with this, which would probably help a lot.

Also, when I play Beat Saber or other intense games I have a fan blowing on me which helps a surprising amount.

Lastly, if you're worried about sweaty hands, you can run to the store and get some lotion for your hands to help. I haven't tried their stuff but you might want to look into this.

Hope this helps!

16 minutes ago, FindMyTaco said:

I don't have sweaty hands but I will pay any price to have a product called "Gamer Goo" in my household

Primary PC:

Air conditioner unit in VR room.