Best story game you've played?

Crunken

Yakuza Zero, just soooo good, i no joke nearly cried at the end.

Project Diesel 5.0: Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming /// CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X  /// CPU Cooler: Scythe Ninja 5 /// GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme RTX 2070 /// RAM: 2x 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V @3200mhz /// Chassis: Lian Li Lancool One Digital (black) /// PSU: Super Flower Leadex III 750w /// Storage: Inland Premium 1TB NVME + Toshiba X300 4TB

Peripherals: Mice: Cooler Master MM720 /// Keyboard: Corsair K70 MK2 SE (Cherry Silver), Blitzwolf BW-KB1 (Gateron Reds) /// Monitor: Acer XZ320Q 32' (VA, 1080p @240hz) /// AMP: Topping PA3 (Onkyo Integra A-817XD undergoing restoration) /// DAC: Weiliang SU5 /// Speakers: AAT BSF-100 /// Mike: Alctron CS35U /// Headphones: Blon B8, ISK MDH-9000

Living room: TV: Samsung QLED Q7FN 55' 4k /// Amplifier: Denon AVR-X2400H /// Speakers: DALI Zensor 7 /// Consoles: Sony PS4 Pro 1TB, Sony PS3 500gb /// LD/CD/DVD: Pioneer DVL-909 /// Power Supplies: Upsai ACF-2100T + GR Savage CDR2200EX

The witcher 3 and The last of us are my personall favorites

On 5/22/2019 at 2:34 PM, seoz said:

The best story-driven game I've ever played is probably Heavy Rain.

3 hours ago, Wauthar said:

Press X to Jason

Actually playing Heavy rain right now! i've just played a few missions and it's my first time playing it so it's a bit slower but so far i find the story interesting so i'm sticking through it, started this thread 'cause i don't have anything to play after i'm done with it :D

2 minutes ago, Crunken said:

Actually playing Heavy rain right now! i've just played a few missions and it's my first time playing it so it's a bit slower but so far i find the story interesting so i'm sticking through it, started this thread 'cause i don't have anything to play after i'm done with it :D

That's awesome! I am so glad I didn't put any spoilers now in my original reply, thank goodness for that! :) Please do update on what kind of ending you get and your thoughts on the origami killer, it's an interesting story to see unfold for sure.

mechanical keyboard switches aficionado & hi-fi audio enthusiast

switch reviews  how i lube mx-style keyboard switches

1 hour ago, seoz said:

That's awesome! I am so glad I didn't put any spoilers now in my original reply, thank goodness for that! :) Please do update on what kind of ending you get and your thoughts on the origami killer, it's an interesting story to see unfold for sure.

I will :D

On 5/22/2019 at 8:47 AM, Ross Siggers said:

I enjoyed BtS more than the first game in some parts, which I honestly wasn't expecting.

I had great hopes for BtS but I was also caught off guard by how great it is, they managed to hook me up to it just as much as the original game did.

Also the soundtrack is even more on point than the first game.

Oh yes if you ever had to name a game ace the soundtrack work hehe

Unfortunately I'm struggling to get into LiS:2, I don't really know if it's pacing or characters yet, I've not played Ep.3 yet.

Being honest I've not started it yet, I also fear that after 2 extremely successful experiences around Chloe max and Rachel it's gonna be a tough one get as into it, I'll still definitely give it a chance though...

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

I'm going to second Witcher 3 (I didn't like the original Witcher gameplay myself.  Consider filling in blanks with Wiki, but your mileage may vary.), Fallout 3, NV, 4 (NV was my favorite), Final Fantasy 6,7,10.  I liked the story for Heavy Rain, if you avoid spoilers the end is great.  Tales from the Borderlands and The Wolf Among US were good, they are going to be pulled from Steam soon along with the other Telltale games.

9 hours ago, Princess Luna said:

I fear that after 2 extremely successful experiences around Chloe max and Rachel it's gonna be a tough one get as into it.

Too right, I was worried going in. It's got all the elements, some nice little gameplay additions, I'm just not sure I can relate as much to the personality of the main characters.

The fanbase kept shouting for MORE MAX AND CHLOE, but honestly? There isn't anywhere else you could go with that story. I mean, if you play the bonus prequel episode that comes with BtS, you've got a clear timeline of content; Before Max leaves, whilst she's gone, and when she returns. 

We don't need anything from Seattle(where Max moved to). I feel like that would be forcing extra content into the original story, which is well balanced as it is. Moving to new characters was 100% the right move. I'd say if you've not started LiS:2, maybe wait until all the episodes have been released?

⠀⠀⠀⣴⣴⡤
⠀⣠⠀⢿⠇⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⢷⡗
⠀⢶⢽⠿⣗⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣼⡧⠂⠀⠀⣼⣷⡆
⠀⠀⣾⢶⠐⣱⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣤⣜⣻⣧⣲⣦⠤⣧⣿⠶
⠀⢀⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠛⠿⣿⣿⣷⣤⣄⡹⣿⣷
⠀⢸⣿⢸⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠙⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⠀⠿⠃⠈⠿⠆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠹⠿⠿⠿

⠀⢀⢀⡀⠀⢀⣤⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡀⡀
⠀⣿⡟⡇⠀⠭⡋⠅⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⣟⢿
⠀⣹⡌⠀⠀⣨⣾⣷⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⢈⠔⠌
⠰⣷⣿⡀⢐⢿⣿⣿⢻⠀⠀⠀⢠⣿⡿⡤⣴⠄⢀⣀⡀
⠘⣿⣿⠂⠈⢸⣿⣿⣸⠀⠀⠀⢘⣿⣿⣀⡠⣠⣺⣿⣷
⠀⣿⣿⡆⠀⢸⣿⣿⣾⡇⠀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣗⣻⡻⠿⠁
⠀⣿⣿⡇⠀⢸⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁

Many of my favourite games were already mentioned, but I would like to add the Prince of Persia series (especially the trilogy Sands of Time, Warrior Within, The Two Thrones). These games are a bit older but still enjoyable and can be bought for cheap (less than 10 euros for the trilogy where I live).

Best story games

Baldurs Gate
Mass Effect 1,2&3

Best create your story yourself games

Galciv 3
Civ V
Total War Rome II

especially Rome II and now 3 kingdoms let you experience great stories

In Rome II for instance i once had a greece general who went all gladiator like after loosing his family to the misschief on another faction this in turn led to him dissobeying council orders, or fora was it called i'm not so sure anymore, and went on rampage of wrath against this particular faction. When he finally managed to overthrow their last stronghold he made it a point to execute everyone responsible for the death of his family him self... These execution lasted a whole day, the market place was red with blood. The councill decided to offer him a spot in their ranks and declare him hero of Sparta... He never fully recovered though. the wounds of losing family and shedding so much bloodshed left him
"A bit of a Claret "

Currentlly in 3k i'm debating where and with whom i want to marry my Heir too, my oldest son needs a wife too and really quick before he rebels against me.. Rebelling is already i weak point since the whole court hates me after i decided on taking some vassal lands to feed the people living in my territories. My other vassal declared independence and currently i have a war going on on three fronts! Sailant detail.. my 2d son, the heir hates war and refuses to fight .... calls it the way of the weak... 

Now how 'bout that??

On 5/23/2019 at 2:10 PM, StorPonke said:

The witcher 3 and The last of us are my personall favorites

Haven't played Witcher 3 but i've heard a lot of good things about it, last of us is one of my all time favs

Original mass effect trilogy

I refuse to read threads whose author does not know how to remove the caps lock! 

— Grumpy old man

On 5/22/2019 at 12:16 PM, dgsddfgdfhgs said:

mostly JRPGs, from square soft/ falcom/ capcom

final fantasys 7 ,10,13(if you understand the plot), 15

3rd birthday

drag on dragoon 3 > nier> automator 

trails in the sky series

yakuza series

tales of series

lol, how dare you insert falcom between square and capcom.

On a more interesting note, I can tell that you are over 35yrs old since you still refer to square enix as squaresoft lol. 

CPU: 8600k @4.9  (1.39v) |  Cooler: NH-U14s | Mobo: Asus Strix z390i | Ram: Gskill DDR4 Trident Z 3600 8GB x 2 16-16-16-36

GPU: Gigabyte G1 1080 GTX | Case: Prodigy ITX | Fans: NH-A14, (exhaust) NH-A12, (intake) NH-A20 (intake)

Samsung EVO 1tb | Samsung EVO 512gb x2 | Intel ssd 128gb

PSU: Powerstation 500W

Okami

FFXII

FF Tactics

Persona 5

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU

On 5/23/2019 at 3:14 PM, seoz said:

Finished it yesterday, got good ending i assume everyone survived except scott. Did not expect what was gonna happen but i slowly started to figure it out near the end, was hooked on the story despite the controls being a bit awkward at first

Just ordered detroit: become human now, that's last of the david cage games i have to play :D

4 hours ago, Crunken said:

Finished it yesterday, got good ending i assume everyone survived except scott. Did not expect what was gonna happen but i slowly started to figure it out near the end, was hooked on the story despite the controls being a bit awkward at first

Just ordered detroit: become human now, that's last of the david cage games i have to play :D

Wow, awesome! Take that, Scott! So glad you enjoyed it, it's a fantastic story with even better character arcs.

Yes, Detroit: Become Human! I've not personally played it, only ever watched let's play videos of it, it has just as many branches of endings due to the nature of the game having three simultaneous protagonists. It's another masterpiece of storytelling.

mechanical keyboard switches aficionado & hi-fi audio enthusiast

switch reviews  how i lube mx-style keyboard switches

Probably the story that hurt me in the feels the most is the hyperdimension neptunia re birth2 conquest ending.

Though I really enjoy the whole neptunia series as a whole if I can pick a whole series instead of a single game.

(ノ≧∇≦)ノ ミ ┸━┸

Borderlands 2 is great you don't need to play the first one and the story in my opinion is 10000x better and it's coop and cheap as chips RN