Oneplus 7 pro or Samsung s10?

Frode

So I would want to ask you guys for your opinion about what phone I should go for. The oneplus 7 pro or the regular samsung s10? I actually currently have the s10 but have the option to return it for a full refund. I preorderd it awell so I have the galaxy buds aswell. But dont mind that, I would just like to hear your opinion on what I should go for? 

I like the s10, the screen, cameras, design, software etc. But having seen the 7 pros bigger and better screen with 90 Hz refresh rate AND... No punch hole, just caught my interest. And the fact that it is cheaper is a bonus. But the s10 feels more complete and so on then the oneplus 7 pro, which is why im asking for your opinion.

(I know my english is not the best atm, got alot going on)

Thanks in advance

Imo my OnePlus (3T) is the best phone I ever had, after 2 Samsungs (S2+S4) and an LG (G4). 

But considering you already have one of the best and up to date phones I'm not sure if it's worth the hassle. Is there a store where you can try the OP7P? I know OP doesn't have many stores so you don't really know what you are getting. 

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

8 minutes ago, FloRolf said:

Imo my OnePlus (3T) is the best phone I ever had, after 2 Samsungs (S2+S4) and an LG (G4). 

But considering you already have one of the best and up to date phones I'm not sure if it's worth the hassle. Is there a store where you can try the OP7P? I know OP doesn't have many stores so you don't really know what you are getting. 

I believe that some stores will have a demo version of the 7 pro on the day of release will go ahead and try it. I did try the oneplus 6T and i liked many parts of it but there were some key areas that I would have liked to have. A better screen, dual speakers and so on. I feel that they have now ticked many of the boxes that i would like. And I liked the oxygen OS when I tried it our, but I also like oneUi when I have started to use it now.

3 hours ago, Frode said:

So I would want to ask you guys for your opinion about what phone I should go for. The oneplus 7 pro or the regular samsung s10? I actually currently have the s10 but have the option to return it for a full refund. I preorderd it awell so I have the galaxy buds aswell. But dont mind that, I would just like to hear your opinion on what I should go for? 

I like the s10, the screen, cameras, design, software etc. But having seen the 7 pros bigger and better screen with 90 Hz refresh rate AND... No punch hole, just caught my interest. And the fact that it is cheaper is a bonus. But the s10 feels more complete and so on then the oneplus 7 pro, which is why im asking for your opinion.

Thanks in advance

Two main questions: how much do you value Samsung's camera quality or ecosystem (including devices like the Galaxy Buds)?  If you really like one or the other, I'd stick with the S10.  The OP7 Pro sounds like a great phone, but the camera won't be as good and there won't be much point to Samsung gear like the Buds.

12 hours ago, Commodus said:

Two main questions: how much do you value Samsung's camera quality or ecosystem (including devices like the Galaxy Buds)?  If you really like one or the other, I'd stick with the S10.  The OP7 Pro sounds like a great phone, but the camera won't be as good and there won't be much point to Samsung gear like the Buds.

The camera is not the most important feature when it comes to a phone. Aslong as the photos aren't shit im happy. As for the galaxy buds I have to say that I really like them, but just because I have a samsung phone, the experience have not been flawless. Audio cutting out has been an issue for me. But the experience IS really neat so I really like them, but not having them is not something that would destroy the world for me.

- Samsung comes with Exynos. Last 1-2 years, and this year, the Snapdragon variant is better than the Snapdragon (2016 it was vice versa, on the Galaxy S7 generation). So, Snapdragon 855 is better and more efficient.

- Battery Life on the Oneplus 7 Pro is at least as good as the S10+ (S10 is worse) --> Check Youtube, Nitpicker. He also can not explain how MKBHD only gets 4.5 hours

- Screen is superior on the Oneplus. Resolution and colors seem to be not worse than Samsung's S10 series. But 90 Hz > 60 Hz big time. And if you want more battery savings, you can change it to 60 Hz in settings anytime.

- Stereo speakers finally

- Best camera Oneplus ever had. It still needs the one of other Update to tweak it. But it has alot of potential.

- S10 Series IS "more complete". The stereo speakers should still be a tad better, it has official IP 68 rating, it has Qi Charging, and more Software features.

But Software could also be an Argument for Oneplus: Oxygen is the better Stock android. It is basicly stock, with useless features and additions

- Nebula Blue is one of the nicest colors i've ever seen.

I think, i personally would go with Oneplus.

Which doesn't mean, Samsung Galaxy S10 isn't one of the best smartphones on the market.

But yea. Depends on your taste.

But you can be sure, it will NOT feel like a Downgrade at all. If at all, Performance will be a step up (mostly thanks to 90 Hz looking way smoother. I can see it on my 120 Hz iPad Pro. This gives you the feel of much more smoothness)

Really depends on your preferences. 

Samsung will give you more features while OnePlus generally prioritizes on being relatively lean whilst performing more smoothly in a consistent manner as a result. The higher 90Hz refresh rate on its display versus the S10's 60Hz should help too. 

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

On 5/19/2019 at 3:49 PM, Frode said:

Thanks in advance

The oneplus has that amazing display(90hz, AMOLED with amazing color accuracy, full body screen), is the fastest phone out there, cheaper than the s10 so i would go for it except you are a brand person then the Samsung is the right phone to get.

If you want longevity in hardware, more (perhaps niche) features, and don't care too much about any software updates: The S10

If you like experimental hardware, care about (fast) software updates, and don't care about certain features: The OnePlus7 Pro

I have the S10+ right now, and I was briefly considering switching to the OP7Pro. Ultimately, not knowing how long the hardware will last, paired with missing out on several features that are important to me (mainly wireless charging and having a headphone jack), meant that I stuck with the S10+.

If i was presented with the opportunity, i would pick the oneplus 7 pro unless you really need the headphone jack (in that case, go with the Samsung S10)..

• 2 weeks later...

Oh boi oh boi...

I am in a similar situation... I am currently on an op5. I want to switch to a different plan and get a phone alongside it. 

Now I can sell my op5 for about 200€ and put that towards the price of any other phone. 

If I went with the op7p I'd want the Nebula blue, I love that color and the extra storage would be nice, especially the 8gb ram could come in handy when it offloads stuff to it. The S10 I can get from the carrier in green which also looks beautiful with 128gb of storage. 

With the carrier, I can get an S10 for about 500€ - 200€ (for the op5) = 300€ for the phone.

If I got an op7p form oneplus I'd pay 760€ - 200€ = 560€ for the phone. (no I can't get the phone from the carrier, not an option in Germany)

What does the op7p have? 
- more storage 

- more speed

- better software with probably better longevity

- amazing screen

What does the S10 have?

- headphone jack (I have great wired headphones, and don't plan on canning them)

- less amazing screen

- wireless charging

- better camera

Now, keeping in mind that the op7p is 260€ MORE than the s10 (in my case), what would you guys do?

Go for the oneplus7 (nopro)  the pro is slower then the normal one ?‍⚕️

-= Maximus VIII Extreme ||| I7-6700K |||  32Gb DDr4 @2123Mhz ||| Msi RTX 2080Ti =-

But will feel alot faster thanks to the 90 Hz.

And the Display is sharper.

1 hour ago, Sumtinwon said:

Go for the oneplus7 (nopro)  the pro is slower then the normal one ?‍⚕️

Daaaaw, had to like cuz that profile pic looks too damn cute :D

But I have to agree with Darkseth, the OP7p will feel smoother, and also I really like the idea of the big screen.

And vs the S10... I think I do value the software experience enough to warrant the extra cost. Specially considering that I've had bad experiences with samsung phones getting slow really fast, even though it's supposedly fixed, I still prefer the near-stock experience