Overclocking advice FX-4300 Chip

Hey Guys

So im looking for some advice on where to go next with my overclocking to find stability.
The reason im trying this is i cant afford to upgrade my PC right now after building a computer for the wife, and i seem to have a serious bottleneck at my CPU

I recently installed a new Cooler that was meant for the wifes Ryzen 5 and my core temp as i write this is 7-10 Degrees Celsius. Current room Temperature is 24 Degrees.

Figured with such powerful cooling i could overclock safely, i mean who needs to keep there beer cool with a computers exhaust fan anyway?

My peak Temperature while i was overclocked and stress testing was 39 Degrees.

Build: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/BladeRavinger/saved/g2LFdC
CPU: AMD - FX-4300 3.8 GHz Quad-Core Processor

Cooler: Cooler Master - Hyper TX3 EVO (Single Fan)

MOBO: Gigabyte - GA-78LMT-USB3 Micro ATX AM3+ Motherboard

RAM: 14Gb mixed DDR3-1333 Retarded (2x4 Vengance Pro 2400Mhz and 2 random sticks of god knows what)

GPU: Asus - Radeon R9 380X 4 GB Video Card

My Bios is old as you can see from The images attached

Spoiler

OC_IMG_20190515_162955.thumb.jpg.fd57b539593745cd9b3ef4796b5ff4b9.jpg

I Was able to successfully overclock to 4.4Ghz at 1.44 Volts and Prime95 got all cores to 98%. i tried to push it with the "Small FFT's" option to see what temperatures i could get and ensure i was well within the limits, but my computer locked up. that caused to think that maybe i need to look other area to make it more stable if possible.

My OC panel and settings i changed.

Spoiler

OC_IMG_20190515_163055.thumb.jpg.b44582f6f9c7ba441c5622c3a1dfe5bb.jpg

So if any one has any advice or a guide that actually explains the effect of changing this setting/safety guielines as i cant afford to brick my computer id appreciate it, i have looked around and know that people have had my chip up to 5Ghz, im not looking for Max overclock just as stable as possible. and though its easy to find what all these settings mean i havent found anything that describes exactly what they do.

Thanks in advance

7-10C while the room temperature is 24C? That's definitely a bad reading

Ryzen 7 3700X / 16GB RAM / Optane SSD / GTX 1650 / Solus Linux

7-10C while the room temperature is 24C? That's definitely a bad reading

I would agree, but my Cooler is cold to the touch. like hand in the refrigerator. as im playing games and the temperature comes up to 30C i can still comfortable touch the heat-exchange pipes

That motherboard is crap... old chipset, poor VRM for cpu, few OC settings

can't do much

5 minutes ago, Bladeravinger said:

I would agree, but my Cooler is cold to the touch. like hand in the refrigerator. as im playing games and the temperature comes up to 30C i can still comfortable touch the heat-exchange pipes

You do know it's impossible for a CPU to go below room temperature?

Ryzen 7 3700X / 16GB RAM / Optane SSD / GTX 1650 / Solus Linux

3 minutes ago, Bladeravinger said:

I would agree, but my Cooler is cold to the touch. like hand in the refrigerator.

That's just what it feels like when you touch room temperature metal. It's physically impossible for your air cooler to be colder than room temperature. If it doesn't warm up at all it probably isn't making proper contact with the cpu. Your sensor readings are clearly wrong so I wouldn't attempt overclocking at all - you just risk damaging your computer. Save up ~200$ and get a Ryzen 3 when you can.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Just now, Sauron said:

That's just what it feels like when you touch room temperature metal. It's physically impossible for your air cooler to be colder than room temperature. If it doesn't warm up at all it probably isn't making proper contact with the cpu. Your sensor readings are clearly wrong so I wouldn't attempt overclocking at all - you just risk damaging your computer. Save up ~200$ and get a Ryzen 3 when you can.

The problem i have with this is before i changed the cooler my CPU ran hot, 50-80C it would heat up my room.
since changing the cooler its always cold, so have i broken my temp sensor with ispropylalcohol as i cleaned the old past off and reaplied a new higher grade paste?

3 minutes ago, Bladeravinger said:

And guys its not impossible just uncommon

Sure, but not with an air cooler. You cannot get,sub ambient on air, unless you are blasting AC right into your case

Bethesda PC:   R7 3700X  -  Asrock B550 Extreme 4  -  Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 16GB@3.6GHz -  Zotac AMP Extreme 1080TI -  Samsung 860 Evo 256GB  -  WD Blue 2TB SSD -  500DX  -  Stock cooling lul  -  Rm650x

CrumpleBox V3:  Xeon X5680  -  Asus X58 Sabertooth  -  DDr3 16GB@1.33Ghz  -  Gigabyte 1660s -  TT smart RGB 700W  -  

Cooler Master Storm Trooper  -  120GB Samsung 850 Pro   -  LTT Edition Chromax NH-D15 ?

CrumpleBox 3 ROTF: I5-6400  -  MSI B150m Mortar  -  16GB 2133Mhz Vengeance Pro RGB  -  Strix 1070Ti - GTX 1070 FE  -  Adata 128GB SSD  -  Fractal Design Define C  -  Gammaxx 400V2  -  Cooler Master silent pro gold 1000W

CrumpleBox 2: i7-7820x - MSI X299 Raider - 32GB Thermaltake Toughram 3.6Ghz - 2x Sapphire Nitro Fury - 128GB PCie Adata SSD - O11 Dynamic - EVGA CLC 360 - Corsair RM1000X

Perhiperals:  Gateway 900p60 monitor  -  Dell 1024x768@75  -  Logi. G403 Carbon  -  Logi. G502  -  SteSer. Arctis 5  -  SteSer. Rival 110 - Corsair Strafe RGB MK.2

Just now, Bladeravinger said:

The problem i have with this is before i changed the cooler my CPU ran hot, 50-80C it would heat up my room.
since changing the cooler its always cold

That's literally not how physics work. Your CPU generates the same amount of heat regardless of the cooling solution and that heat will be dispersed in your room. If the air coming out of it seems colder that's actually a sign that your cooler isn't working well and that the heat is being spread into the motherboard, possibly damaging it.

2 minutes ago, Bladeravinger said:

so have i broken my temp sensor with ispropylalcohol as i cleaned the old past off and reaplied a new higher grade paste?

If you did it's not because you reapplied thermal pase, you must have knocked some component by accident or maybe you didn't mount the cooler properly, which caused high heat on boot and broke the sensor (though that shouldn't happen on a decent motherboard).

4 minutes ago, Bladeravinger said:

And guys its not impossible just uncommon

No, your CPU running cooler than room temperature is physically impossible unless you have a phase change cooling solution, which you don't.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

ok so i ask for some advice on how to stabilize my OC and get slabbed because people find it hard to believe something they have read on the internet and never practiced or proven. i guess il find out when my computer melts due to it being cool. according to my themometer the chip is actually at the temperature my software is reading 28C right now, its about as annoyed as i am at peoples ignorance. and 'wind-chill' is a real thing that you feel as you walk the streets in a 30C heat but the 2m/h gust made it feel oh so cool.

@Bladeravinger

It's a matter of physics. I'd like to think you are not getting slammed because people don't believe you, but because something seems wrong. When a sensor reads a temperature below ambient on a non-exotic cooling solution, it is very likely the sensor is toast.

in regards to wind chill, if it is 30 degrees outside, you take a thermometer and walk at 2 mph, the thermometer reads 30 degrees C, even though the air feels cooler. The reason the air feels cooler is because your body temperature is above 30C and due to the wind chill it is easier for your body to dissipate heat. If it would be 50 degrees, the air would actually feel hotter than that. Have you ever had a hot air oven and opened it right in your face? Same principle.

I would definitely suggest trying to update the BIOS and see what the sensor reads out, or get some software to get a readout. Don't overclock with faulty sensors.

I'm not trying to slam you for anything, just trying to give solid advice.