Which PSU Should I Choose For This Build?

1 minute ago, Cheapassgamer said:

So Which One Should I Go For?

This will do. Corsair VS450 (grey label). 2,700 Rupees https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B078Y44N73/

You're probably not going to be able to get anything cheaper.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

6 minutes ago, Oalei said:

yeah thats why i said modern only PSU that have 8pin cause most mobo need that power Delivery, but still thanks for clarifying that. I should have known better its not because of wattage

It's not entirely mandatory as far as I know, the 4 pin CPU power connector is rated for 150W continous IIRC, (I hope somedy can clarify this) so unless you are overclocking a 8 or 6 core you should be fine.

What I don't know is, if the PC will turn on in that case, I've heard some GPUs won't work unless all the pins are plugged in, It might as well occur with motherboards. At this point, I really have no idea, I've never tested it on my own

1 minute ago, KEIN NEIN said:

It's not entirely mandatory as far as I know, the 4 pin CPU power connector is rated for 150W continous IIRC, (I hope somedy can clarify this) so unless you are overclocking a 8 or 6 core you should be fine.

ok so i think i learn a lot actually instead of giving any decent advise, so 4 pin is 150W and 8 pin is 300W? i mean like 12V for like 14A is shit, but 12V for 24A is like 280W (or something im not really good at math or physic). I will OC a Athlon 200ge so i think 500W is more than enough even if i add another GPU or change the CPU to zen 2.

1 minute ago, Oalei said:

ok so i think i learn a lot actually instead of giving any decent advise, so 4 pin is 150W and 8 pin is 300W? i mean like 12V for like 14A is shit, but 12V for 24A is like 280W (or something im not really good at math or physic). I will OC a Athlon 200ge so i think 500W is more than enough even if i add another GPU or change the CPU to zen 2.

Well yes if you are planning to build AM4 going 4 pin doesn't make sense because of very restricted upgrade options but that doesn't mean it won't work

But idk, to be fair, I have a 4 pin mobo so no chance to proove that

37 minutes ago, Cheapassgamer said:

It Says That It Need 8pin psu, is this psu 8pin?

It's not and it's utter garbage, cheap doesn't mean good

1 hour ago, Cheapassgamer said:

What Type Of Power Supply Will It Support ?

Will Anyold PSU Do The Job?

any high-quality ATX PSU will do

22 minutes ago, Cheapassgamer said:

So Which One Should I Go For?

Like @NunoLava1998 said go with the CX450 it's over your budget but also the cheapest not-complete-junk PSU:

DC-DC converters for better voltage regulation 

LLC+ half-bridge topology (which is tipically seen in many high end PSUs thanks to its higher efficiency and electrical performance)

Uses quality capacitors where it matters (in other words, it is expected to last longer than the rest of PSUs)

All working protections and prooven to be reliable (check tomshardware review for that)

More than enough cables and power for your build and any reasonable upgrades.

Rifle-bearing fan (which is an enhanced version of sleeve bearings, which are pretty much the standard in cheap PSUs, and even in those that aren't so cheap)

5 year warranty

I wouldn't recommend it for a high-end system, but no other PSU matches the CX450 in therms of performance per dollar.

https://www.amazon.in/Corsair-CP-9020120-NA-CX450-Power-Supply/dp/B01MTZ96RU/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=cx450&qid=1556975666&s=gateway&sr=8-1

7 minutes ago, KEIN NEIN said:

It's not and it's utter garbage, cheap doesn't mean good

any high-quality ATX PSU will do

Like @NunoLava1998 said go with the CX450 it's over your budget but also the cheapest not-complete-junk PSU:

DC-DC converters for better voltage regulation 

LLC+ half-bridge topology (which is tipically seen in many high end PSUs thanks to its higher efficiency and electrical performance)

Uses quality capacitors where it matters (in other words, it is expected to last longer than the rest of PSUs)

All working protections and prooven to be reliable (check tomshardware review for that)

More than enough cables and power for your build and any reasonable upgrades.

Rifle-bearing fan (which is an enhanced version of sleeve bearings, which are pretty much the standard in cheap PSUs, and even in those that aren't so cheap)

5 year warranty

I wouldn't recommend it for a high-end system, but no other PSU matches the CX450 in therms of performance per dollar.

https://www.amazon.in/Corsair-CP-9020120-NA-CX450-Power-Supply/dp/B01MTZ96RU/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=cx450&qid=1556975666&s=gateway&sr=8-1

Once on NewEgg they were 19.99$ for the CX450 after a MiR. Holy shit.

Ryzen 7 3700X / 16GB RAM / Optane SSD / GTX 1650 / Solus Linux

2 minutes ago, NunoLava1998 said:

Once on NewEgg they were 19.99$ for the CX450 after a MiR. Holy shit.

LOL, those cost $50 here in mexico, but that's still reasonably priced in my opinion

2 minutes ago, KEIN NEIN said:

LOL, those cost $50 here in mexico, but that's still reasonably priced in my opinion

Where I live they're close to 60$

Ryzen 7 3700X / 16GB RAM / Optane SSD / GTX 1650 / Solus Linux

3 hours ago, NunoLava1998 said:

It is, but just don't bother with that

I love how these crap brands put Silver on the description so some people think "oh it has 80+ Silver so it must be good" but it actually makes reference to the colour of the PSU itself lmao

And well, what Spotty said, that thing is ancient, even if it has been produced this year the design is from late 90's, it's not even the 2003 ATX revision which specifies TWO 12V rails are used and the most important it includes at least one 6-pin aux power connector, this thing lacks both.

fun fact: I bet if you check the label it'll show a strong 3.3V line with the addition of a -5V, that voltage became obsolete on 2001 so you can imagine how old the design is just by looking at that.

About the EPS connector... it's not too hard to add it even if the design doesn't officially support it, I've seen some similar units with the EPS and some manufacturers even had the audacity to add a PCIE connector, they just soldered the extra wires into the single 12V output.

if tl;dr, get a quality PSU and not this junk.

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

8 minutes ago, aezakmi said:

I love how these crap brands put Silver on the description so some people think "oh it has 80+ Silver so it must be good" but it actually makes reference to the colour of the PSU itself lmao

They don't just do it with silver...

https://www.amazon.in/Artis-VIP500GOLD-500W-Power-Supply/dp/B01J7MYIZ4

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

On 5/4/2019 at 6:15 PM, Spotty said:

Considering that is $11 USD... No.

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.png.72265325d5f3ca21deb36102b573a74a.png

ATX V1.3 standards is from 2003!!
According to the label it is 12v @ 14A. So that's like 170w on the 12v rail. Complete junk.

Will This Powersupply Work:-

Cooler Master MWE 450W 

Cooler Master MWE 450-Watt Power Supply https://www.amazon.in/dp/B075F7VZG2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_jI9ZCbV9MSN12

My New Budget PC For Casual Gaming and School Works

• CPU:-ATHLON 200GE
  • GPU:-ATHLON 200GE(VEGA 3)
  • RAM:-4GB DDR4 2400MHZ
  • MOTHERBOARD:- MSI A320M PRO-VD/S 
  • PSU:-?

MY BUDGET IS 200$(for The WHOLE BUILD)

CX450?

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

1 minute ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

CX450?

Will a VS450 Do?

If you can help it, get anything but an A320 motherboard, even the cheapest B350 or B450 board. The crappiness of A320 gimps your upgrade path, and they're just not worth buying. 

Edit: btw for gaming that's about the worst setup possible, single channel ram for integrated graphics on a Zen processor. Even low details will struggle.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

4 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

If you can help it, get anything but an A320 motherboard, even the cheapest B350 or B450 board. The crappiness of A320 gimps your upgrade path, and they're just not worth buying. 

Edit: btw for gaming that's about the worst setup possible, single channel ram for integrated graphics on a Zen processor. Even low details will struggle.

B450 IS TWICE THE PRICE OF A320

AND I MIGHT ADD ANOTHER STICK OF RAM AFTER A FEW MONTHS

Just now, Cheapassgamer said:

B450 IS TWICE THE PRICE OF A320

AND I MIGHT ADD ANOTHER STICK OF RAM AFTER A FEW MONTHS

Twice the price but well worth it I assure you, or at least B350 like I said.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Just now, fasauceome said:

Twice the price but well worth it I assure you, or at least B350 like I 

I am Not Going To Upgrade The CPU (should I?)

7 minutes ago, Cheapassgamer said:

Will a VS450 Do?

The VS series is pretty bad. Maybe @LukeSavenije

hhas some decent cheap alternatives

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

2 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

The VS series is pretty bad. Maybe @LukeSavenije

hhas some decent cheap alternatives

Is It That Bad,I Mean Why?

I Thought Corsair Could Be Trustworthy?

Anyway , will cause my PC to catch on fire?

4 minutes ago, Cheapassgamer said:

I am Not Going To Upgrade The CPU (should I?)

In a few years when the rig is not powerful enough, you certainly will wish you got the motherboard that will not cause a headache to choose a CPU for.

Speaking of things that may or may not happen in the near future, new ryzen CPUs are due quite soon which will cause the prices of current ones to drop.

Primary PC:

32 minutes ago, Cheapassgamer said:

Will This Powersupply Work:-

Cooler Master MWE 450W 

Cooler Master MWE 450-Watt Power Supply https://www.amazon.in/dp/B075F7VZG2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_jI9ZCbV9MSN12

Wouldn't call it Cooler Master's finest work.....but yeah it is better than whatever that $12 fire hazard you found earlier

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Heatsink: ID-Cooling Frostflow X GPU: Zotac GTX 1060 Mini 6GB RAM: KLEVV Bolt 3600Mhz (2x8GB) Mobo: ASUS B550-F ROG Strix (Wifi)  Case: Fractal Design Meshify C PSU: Deepcool DQ-M-V2L

1 minute ago, fasauceome said:

In a few years when the rig is not powerful enough, you certainly will wish you got the motherboard that will not cause a headache to choose a CPU for.

Speaking of things that may or may not happen in the near future, new ryzen CPUs are due quite soon which will cause the prices of current ones to drop.

So I Should Buy B450 ?

Plus Should I Go For The VS 450?

IF THEN IT WILL BE IN MY BUDGET?

2 minutes ago, Cheapassgamer said:

Is It That Bad,I Mean Why?

I Thought Corsair Could Be Trustworthy?

Anyway , will cause my PC to catch on fire?

Just because it had a nice brand on it dosent mean it's good. Almost every company makes some level of garbage. I don't know enough about the internals and PSUs in general to explain WHY its bad but I know the people that know say to stay away generally

Builds:

Spoiler