Which PSU Should I Choose For This Build?

What Type Of Power Supply Will It Support ?

Will Anyold PSU Do The Job?

What's your budget? (also, no that won't)

Ryzen 7 3700X / 16GB RAM / Optane SSD / GTX 1650 / Solus Linux

Just now, NunoLava1998 said:

What's your budget? (also, no that won't)

1000rupees/20-30$

Just now, Cheapassgamer said:

1000rupees/20-30$

While quite a lot above your budget (~45$), a CX450 from amazon.in should do the job pretty well, plus it's not a fire hazard.

9 minutes ago, NunoLava1998 said:

While quite a lot above your budget (~45$), a CX450 from amazon.in should do the job pretty well, plus it's not a fire hazard.

https://www.amazon.in/Circle-Watt-CPH698-SMPS-Silver/dp/B01N2NRQWL/ref=sxbs_sxwds-stvp?keywords=psu&pd_rd_i=B01N2NRQWL&pd_rd_r=4f636ce9-e112-43bc-9348-63d6eaa0b940&pd_rd_w=nuXzZ&pd_rd_wg=ZfTzC&pf_rd_p=25279081-15a9-43ce-8e11-2ae43d9ab2f6&pf_rd_r=XZ3PP8VXXMWAHPX0BRD3&qid=1556972992&s=gateway

Is This Compatible With The Motherboard {MSI A320M PRO-VD/S}

find something with B350/B450 i would personally highly strongly suggest the B450 for Ryzeng Gen 2 Compatibility at least

Just now, Oalei said:

find something with B350/B450 i would personally highly strongly suggest the B450 for Ryzeng Gen 2 Compatibility at least

I already bought the product

A320m pro-vd/s 

3 minutes ago, NunoLava1998 said:

It is, but just don't bother with that

Why?

I already bought the product

A320m pro-vd/s 

well thats that, but for PSU anything (most of them) is made to be compatible with any motherboard.

1 minute ago, Cheapassgamer said:

Why?

That's pretty bad. While it'll be compatible, a 800 rupee/12$ power supply is absolutely guaranteed to be a fire hazard.

5 minutes ago, Cheapassgamer said:

Considering that is $11 USD... No.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.72265325d5f3ca21deb36102b573a74a.png

ATX V1.3 standards is from 2003!!
According to the label it is 12v @ 14A. So that's like 170w on the 12v rail. Complete junk.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

2 minutes ago, Oalei said:

well thats that, but for PSU anything (most of them) is made to be compatible with any motherboard.

It Says That It Need 8pin psu, is this psu 8pin?

It Says That It Need 8pin psu, is this psu 8pin?

yes, cause it is a newer version of a PSU and now almost all mobo need those to give power delivery to cpu/gpu, quote me if im wrong

1 minute ago, Oalei said:

yes, cause it is a newer version of a PSU and now almost all mobo need those to give power delivery to cpu/gpu, quote me if im wrong

image.png.40968e5aa0e811657198ed27e6eddeb9.png

But it doesn't have 8 pin.

1 minute ago, NunoLava1998 said:

image.png.40968e5aa0e811657198ed27e6eddeb9.png

But it doesn't have 8 pin.

well thanks for quoting me, i dont really know that much anyway. i geuss anything under 500W doesnt have it?

Just now, Oalei said:

well thanks for quoting me, i dont really know that much anyway. i geuss anything under 500W doesnt have it?

Good power supplies typically have it, regardless of wattage (unless it's like, 300W).

Just now, NunoLava1998 said:

Good power supplies typically have it, regardless of wattage (unless it's like, 300W).

i thought that was CX, i geuss old mobo does only have 4pin. 

33 minutes ago, Cheapassgamer said:

What Type Of Power Supply Will It Support ?

Will Anyold PSU Do The Job?

Any local stores you recommend?

Budget for the whole build is also required for good advice.

8 minutes ago, Oalei said:

i geuss anything under 500W doesnt have it?

Not really, it has nothing to do with wattage

Even okeish power supplies (specially when the company knows which set of cables make sense for a modern ATX SMPS) have a 4+4 pin connector, a great example is the be quiet! system power 9 400W.

10 minutes ago, Oalei said:

The one they posted is a P4 connector. Too old to use the 4+4 pin EPS12v connector. Looking at the MSI A320M Pro VD (which I'm guessing what their MSI board is), it uses an 8pin connector. Would the motherboard work with just the 4pin? Maybe, it's not guaranteed to work. Should they use the PSU they linked? Hell no!

8 minutes ago, Oalei said:

The problem isn't the wattage. Any modern PSU should have it. The problem is the one OP linked to is conforming to ATX specifications from over 15 years ago!! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ATX#ATX12V_1.x

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

1 minute ago, KEIN NEIN said:

Not really, it has nothing to do with wattage

Even okeish power supplies (specially when the company knows which set of cables make sense for a modern ATX SMPS) have a 4+4 pin connector, a great example is the be quiet! system power 9 400W.

well i just remembered that i want to bought U9 400W, thanks for reminding me. but U9 is kinda a go to budget PSU here IMO, cause everything else is very expensive (I MEAN LIKE REALLY!!)

Just now, Spotty said:

The one they posted is a P4 connector. Too old to use the 4+4 pin EPS12v connector. Looking at the MSI A320M Pro VD (which I'm guessing what their MSI board is), it uses an 8pin connector. Would the motherboard work with just the 4pin? Maybe, it's not guaranteed to work. Should they use the PSU they linked? Hell no!

The problem isn't the wattage. Any modern PSU should have it. The problem is the one OP linked to is conforming to ATX specifications from over 15 years ago!! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ATX#ATX12V_1.x

yeah thats why i said modern only PSU that have 8pin cause most mobo need that power Delivery, but still thanks for clarifying that. I should have known better its not because of wattage

1 minute ago, Spotty said:

So Which One Should I Go For?

11 minutes ago, Oalei said:

Correct, almost all AM4 motherboars have an 8 pin plug, what I don't know for sure is wether or not it is possible to use the system with a single 4

Even if there are some very cheap A320 boards that are left with a 4 pin, I straight up wouldn't advice to buy those.

The same can be said about PSUs with a single P4 cable, unless you find a really good deal on it (also, providing it's not a bomb) and have no other choice given your budget, I would stay away from that kind of hardware.

1 minute ago, Oalei said:

well i just remembered that i want to bought U9 400W, thanks for reminding me. but U9 is kinda a go to budget PSU here IMO, cause everything else is very expensive (I MEAN LIKE REALLY!!)

It's good if the price is right

Welcome :)