Family of man killed by his Model X on autopilot sues Tesla

kuhnertdm
12 hours ago, fasauceome said:

Clearly the courts agreed that this woman could not have expected the coffee to be so dangerous, why on Earth do you?

Wasn't it proven that they shipped the coffee out way hotter than it needed to be?

23 hours ago, D13H4RD said:

Autopilot is, at best, a Level 2 automous driving technology. That means the vehicle is capable of operating on its own under specific conditions but is not sophisticated/redundant enough to be able to completely take over under certain circumstances, requiring manual driver intervention. 

I don't really find fault with the Autopilot system itself as it works as would expected as a driver assistance system . What I'm questioning is Tesla's marketing and strategy for the system. Not too long ago, there was a firmware update that somehow undid the fix applied to the Autopilot software after this crash that would make the system less likely to turn towards dividers in dividing lanes. 

With the new FSD Dual Chips they are implementing I believe they will reach level 3... But for now, that is all. Even when we reach level 5 in say, 10-25 years, you should pay attention to whatever the fuck you are doing, you are in the driver´s seat. And also, it is your life, take fucking care of it. (Im an EMT Trainee)

3 hours ago, NeuesTestament said:

Wasn't it proven that they shipped the coffee out way hotter than it needed to be?

McDonald's claims their coffee is at the temperature they keep it at to "lock in the flavor" so whether or not it actually needs to be that hot is a different discussion, but I will note that Starbucks even does keep their coffee significantly cooler.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Fuck it, I’m out.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

1 hour ago, DanielMDA said:

With the new FSD Dual Chips they are implementing I believe they will reach level 3... But for now, that is all. Even when we reach level 5 in say, 10-25 years, you should pay attention to whatever the fuck you are doing, you are in the driver´s seat. And also, it is your life, take fucking care of it. (Im an EMT Trainee)

If car has problems with something as basic as dividers on the road, I wouldn't let that thing drive me around for even 10 meters...

-= Locked =-

Yeah this topic went way off topic.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER