What is your Favorite Anime/Manga?

Royalburgers

I learned how to tune him out after a few years ;)

God how I want to punch the kid. He does get better in the new movies but i dont know how much. Maybe its just because there is less of it.

Is this picture accurate? I used to watch Astro boy when I was young. I was pretty obsessed with it.

post-2523-0-93268800-1375268437.jpg

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

Is this picture accurate? I used to watch Astro boy when I was young. I was pretty obsessed with it.

Haha no it's not accurate at all. It's a troll image. The "bug eye moeshit" shows are older than the "badass fighting and robots" shows.

Umm anime started quite a while before then. The first anime started coming out nearing the end of WW2 as propaganda. Also Astro Boy is far older than that 60s i believe. It was also never a pass time especially then because if it was your an otaku and if your an otaku your the bane of japanese society in japan. Also idk if those images are really from anime from the 90s the one on the left even though the animation is using a older character style is too clean i my opinion also it widescreen which wouldnt fit the period at all unless its possibly a re release of a movie from that period. The one on th right looks like something from the 2000s for sure and is too clean for something from the 90s unless its late 90s. The middle picture is a 100% troll because they cropped a screenshot from girls und panzer which has moe character of it own. I also swear i know what the left and right one are but my shit memory is getting me again. Lastly all of the anime that are on the bottom are all quite old, probably ~5+ years older than even the 2007 date for lucky star and yes ive watched all 4 of them probably within 3 years after each came out. The other thing you should really take a look at is in the lower left corner of the picture.

Haha no it's not accurate at all. It's a troll image. The "bug eye moeshit" shows are older than the "badass fighting and robots" shows.

Yes completely though I still felt like analyzing it. I dont know how true that is have you forgot the biggest early hits Mobile Suite Gindam and Macross?

O and if you all dont know this is a proper song a otaku (like me :| ) would sing at karaoke

. If only I had that voice for it! Sorry there arnt subs I couldnt find one with any english ones and I didnt feel like uploading it myself.

Yes completely though I still felt like analyzing it. I dont know how true that is have you forgot the biggest early hits Mobile Suite Gindam and Macross?

O and if you all dont know this is a proper song a otaku (like me :| ) would sing at karaoke  . If only I had that voice for it! Sorry there arnt subs I couldnt find one with any english ones and I didnt feel like uploading it myself.

Is that the video from the Macross game that came out recently or the pachinko machine?  I know I've seen it before.  

Oh and the latest ep of Fate/Kaleid Liner Prisma Illya was awesome.  More for the Caster battle and Saber Alter showing up than Illya and Miyu (Rin is awesome).  With the Summer season half over, what's everyone looking forward to for the fall?  For me, Little Busters Refrain, and White Album 2 for series.  Kara no Kyoukai Mirai Fuukin, Madoka Magica Rebellion, the Chuunibyou movie, and Ghost in the Shell Arise 2 for movies (although we'll probably have to wait longer for disc releases.

On another note fyi, the Steins;Gate Movie blu-ray comes out in december and the Japanese release will include english subs.   

Current Rig
AMD Ryzen 5900X - Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming WiFi 2 - 32 GB GSkill TridentZ RGB
GeForce RTX 3080 - WD Black SN850 1TB  - Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL

Yes. Its very useful for me because I watch too much :D

and the here is my whole list :)dm-1113674577644.png

I prefer anidb mainly because of the good structure of all the information I need :) Otherwise I download everything from trackers like nyaa and bakabt. Of course everything is preferably in HD, except the old ones.

Also there are many subbing groups but only few make truly good subtitles :) It took me years to choose them among many.

Finally, I've found someone with a longer list of anime watched than me :D http://myanimelist.net/animelist/staticanime

I find that there's not been that many shows lately that I've been able to keep an interest in, down to Shingeki No Kyojin and To Aru Kagaku Railgun S for the rest of the season :(

Is that the video from the Macross game that came out recently or the pachinko machine?  I know I've seen it before.  

Oh and the latest ep of Fate/Kaleid Liner Prisma Illya was awesome.  More for the Caster battle and Saber Alter showing up than Illya and Miyu (Rin is awesome).  With the Summer season half over, what's everyone looking forward to for the fall?  For me, Little Busters Refrain, and White Album 2 for series.  Kara no Kyoukai Mirai Fuukin, Madoka Magica Rebellion, the Chuunibyou movie, and Ghost in the Shell Arise 2 for movies (although we'll probably have to wait longer for disc releases.

On another note fyi, the Steins;Gate Movie blu-ray comes out in december and the Japanese release will include english subs.   

No thats the opening of the original series in remastered HD off last years BD release.

Little Busters was pretty good but I havnt finished it yet but I would be interested in a second season. Im more awaiting White Album 2 as I do believe I liked it baring in mind my uber horrible memory. Im thinking of preordering the limited US release of arise 1.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Akira

and

Ghost in the Shell (the original one not he crappy remake  yellow 2.0 one)

friggen miss how anime characters looked like :/

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Out of everything I've seen, probably a toss up between the Monogatari series, NGE, and Code Geass.

My least favorites that I've managed to sit through are probably Soul Eater and Gantz, both of which were aneurysm worthy.

Error: 410

Cowboy Bebop, hands down.

Amazing voice acting; gritty, realistic feel; less "asian" if that makes any sense (Lots of western influence, even though it was created by a Japanese company) - no "charging up" or stuff like that.

Honestly, I'm not much of a big fan of traditional anime, Dragon Ball Zed (Yes, zed!), etc.

Others I liked

Ghost in the Shell is a good one

Full Metal Alchemist (Got real heavy near the end)

And of course, the movie Akira (Not for the faint of heart!)

I watched a Space based anime once but I can't remember the name of it. Basically some aliens (Well, genetically modified humans that are all mostly born on ships, etc) conquered a planet, and the Son of the former human governor is raised by the aliens and enters their military. Eventually he serves with the heir to that empire, and saves her from a conspiracy to kill her. The space based ship-to-ship action was quite good, and the plot was very compelling.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

One Piece

Hajime no Ippo

Dragon ball, Dragon ball Z

Hunter X Hunter, old and new

Slam Dunk

Sword Art Online

Cowboy Bepop

Lupin the 3rd

The whole Evangelion mythos (NGE, End of Eva, Rebuild of Eva)

top 1: One Piece

Pardon my English. Not my native language.

Intel Celeron G1820 Haswell | ASRock B85M-ITX | Transcend 1GB DDR3-1333 | HEC Cougar SL 500W 80+ | Lian Li PC-Q03B ITX | SanDisk Extreme USB 3.0 16GB | OpenElec-XBMC

No thats the opening of the original series in remastered HD off last years BD release.

Just double checked and that video did come from the pachinko game.  Just in game footage sadly.

http://www.mechatalk.net/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=15270

Current Rig
AMD Ryzen 5900X - Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming WiFi 2 - 32 GB GSkill TridentZ RGB
GeForce RTX 3080 - WD Black SN850 1TB  - Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL

Just double checked and that video did come from the pachinko game.  Just in game footage sadly.

http://www.mechatalk.net/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=15270

My bad there that does look a bit too good rematered wise but they did do a BD release and that is the openning though that may not be the opening from the BD. I actually had to load one up and yea its not remastered just rescanned looks better than the DVD by a good bit though. I was more using it for the karaoke reference.

Turning anime into politics, sigh I hate society.

asking for favorite anime is a little too baud a spectrum for me, I have way too many anime I like and my fondness of each anime changes over time. I really can't give an answer aside from the fact that I love all genres of anime and find most anime to each have something quite unique.

Spoiler

CPU: R5 1600 @ 4.2 GHz; GPU: Asus STRIX & Gigabyte g1 GTX 1070 SLI; RAM: 16 GB Corsair vengeance 3200 MHz ; Mobo: Asrock Taichi x470; SSD: 512 gb Samsung 950 Pro Storage: 5x Seagate 2TB drives; 1x 2TB WD PurplePSU: 700 Watt Huntkey; Peripherals: Acer S277HK 4K Monitor; Logitech G502 gaming mouse; Corsair K95 Mechanical keyboard; 5.1 Logitech x530 sound system

01000010 01101001 01101110 01100001 01110010 01111001 00100000 01100100 01101111 01100101 01110011 01101110 00100111 01110100 00100000 01101101 01100001 01101011 01100101 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01110000 01110010 01101111 00101110

I have watched

Attack on titans

The world god only knows (both seasons)

one piece

death note

to aru majutsu no index ( one and two)

to aru kagaku no railgun (first and S)

Stein's gate

freezing

Toradora

I have started watching Fate Zero, and i heard Free! is a really good anime. Heaps of anime is coming out around this time now  :)  Still got a lot of catching up on

Anyone got any slice of life to suggest? 

I have just started watching anime but right now I would say these are my davorites

Darker than Black

Kaze no Stigma

FMA/ FMA Brotherhood

Inuyasha

Samurai Champloo

Rurouni Kenshin

Next to watch:

Soul Eater

Deathnote

Bleach

Trigun