What is your Favorite Anime/Manga?

Royalburgers

Cowboy beebop

FMA

SAO - waiting for new season

dragon ball z and gt a little dragon ball but couldnt fully get into it after dbz

death note

Armitage movies

Apple seed

probably more cant think of much at the moment

CPU: AMD FX-8350 - Noctua NH-D14 | Asus Crosshair V Formula | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Plextor M5P Extreme 256GB SSD

GPU - Asus AMD Radeon 6950 Direct CU II 2GB |

Seasonic 1000 W Platinum | Cooler Master 690 ii Advanced | Asus VE248H + VE248Q

Cowboy beebop

Gungrave

Hellsing (not the OVA)

Does Pokemon count as anime? 

Come and join the awesome Official LTT Star Citizen Org at LTT Conglomerat,  GTA 5 LTT Crew at LTT Conglomarate

PC Specs - 4770k - OC 4.5GHz  - GTX 780 SC - 16GB HyperX - NZXT H440 White - Corsair H100i - Corsair AX750 - Samsung Evo 250GB - 2 x PA238Q - ATH-M50 - 

Clannad

Clannad after stories

toradora

kanon

Sword art online

The monogatari series 

Eden of the east

Ano hana

steins; gate

durarara

deadman wonderland

little busters

btoom!

Ano Natsu de Matteru

Sankarea

Gosick

Another

Chuunibyou demo koi ga shitai

Air

myself yourslef

h20 foot prints in the sand

elfen lied

hyouka

ef- a tail of memories 

ef- a tail of melodies

5 centimeters per second

Just to name a few ;)

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

I watched spirited away about 6 years ago. Does that count as anime? It was strange and not very engaging, but kinda cool at the same time (yes, I know it's supposed to be surreal). Where is the line between children's cartoons and proper anime?

studio Ghibli/Miyazaki films is where the line blurs, the genre makes it accessible to children and it would be a very fun watch as a kid but very adult themes are going on in the background as well. I have to sleep but I'll try to contain myself to one theme

before I get into it you should know of something that has been affecting japanese society since the 80's which is death by overwork or Karoshi

http://www.economist.com/node/10329261

some of the best films by Miyazaki deal with growing up which is a huge aspect of Spirited Away. You see Chihiro first as a somewhat petulant child and you see responsibility thrust upon her as she has to take care of her parents and she is put into the workforce and this is the point where you see her gradually losing her name, the very key to her entire being. this is true in the real world, work takes over your life and things get more and more complicated as you tack on things to your name PhD B.A. CEO CFO all of these things are added but for each thing added something is taken away and it becomes more and more difficult to be true to yourself. Miyazaki was speaking to the Salarymen in Japan who were being affected by Karoshi to not allow their work to take over their lives there is family, friends and others to live for.

I could keep going about what I think the bath house represents and about the gold that turns to mud and on and on but I just want to say again.

It's not your thing and that totally cool. but it is not just big eyed drawings and pedophiles drawing pictures of little girls

Future Diary is a great anime

My favorites are Cowboy bebop, Rurouni kenshin and i really like the gundam series, but it's been a long time since i've watched an anime.

Steam: gray_fox_br

Guilty Crown - has one of THE best sound tracks hands down

Animes that appeal to every type of emotion are great. Take Gintama for example, it's comedy, has life lessons, has epic fighting scenes, and at times even made my eyes water....truly a work of art.

• 2 weeks later...

Personally i prefer manga over anime but there are some excuses.

but my favorite anime/manga are:

One Piece

Bleach

Hajime no ippo

Black Lagoon

Fairy Tail

History Strongest Disciple Kenichi

Cage of Eden

Freezing

Dragon Ball - Z - GT

Air Gear

Samurai Champloo

Zoids

Mobile Suit Gundam Wing

Darker Than Black

Pokemon

Digimon

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review

• 3 weeks later...

Just wanting to know what all Animes you lot are watching as the days go by. I my self have been re-watching the Naruto and Naruto Shippuden series while I wait for the new ones to come out. :P

This is a pic I made a while back after the chapter showing Madara taking his brothers eye was let out.

post-8342-0-05680200-1370212099.jpg

post-8342-0-05680200-1370212099.jpg

• 1 month later...

I'm a bit sad to not seeing Gurren Lagann mentioned more. 

For those who are teenage guys haven't watched it yet, watch it. It's an experience.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

RWBY.... Then again, I haven't seen many. But RWBY is my favourite as of today

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

The first fight in Basilisk is awesome... Havnt finished the series cuz the rest of it wasnt as exciting.

FMA

Samurai Champloo

Naruto

One Piece

SAO

Hunter X Hunter

Ghost in The Shell

Trigun

I cant think of any others I like at the moment

haha same with basilisk, i always want to finish an anime i start watching .. hence i forced myself to watch it up to episode 21 and yet i was unable to finish the anime even though i only have like 3 episodes left as i ran out of willpower 

Personally i prefer manga over anime but there are some excuses.

but my favorite anime/manga are:

One Piece

Bleach

Hajime no ippo

Black Lagoon

Fairy Tail

History Strongest Disciple Kenichi

Cage of Eden

Freezing

Dragon Ball - Z - GT

Air Gear

Samurai Champloo

Zoids

Mobile Suit Gundam Wing

Darker Than Black

Pokemon

Digimon

6 thumbs up for adding hajime no ippo, among the 200 anime i have watched that is definitely among the best.

Ive watched normal Naruto series trough the end, now i am on last episode of naruto shippuden, new episode is coming out now! I LOVE IT!

Angel Beats

Clannad

Clannad After Story

Neon Genesis Evangelion

Rosario + Vampire

Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien

Elfen Lied

Sword Art Online

Highschool of the Dead

Infinite Stratos

High School DxD

Claymore

LAIN

Sakura Card Captors (hehe)

Gakkou no Kaidan

Death Note

Spoiler

I've never understood the appeal of anime. What's so good about it over a TV show with real actors and arguably more real emotion? I find it hard to believe that anything can be more addictive or satisfying to watch than shows like Game of Thrones, Dexter, House of Cards, Breaking Bad, etc. I kind of appreciate the animation skill involved, but that wouldn't continue to grab me for very long. A lot of the really popular shows with strong followings are borderline paedophilic too, not to imply any of you guys watch that stuff.

Well, for me it's the stories that have me hooked, not the fact that it's anime. Live action TV shows just don't hit the same notes on story as some anime (for the record, I liked Breaking Bad for season one, but found it to lose all satisfaction after that). Also, when it comes to shows like Fullmetal Alchemist, just as an example, I think it looks better to have a constant look throughout the show from the characters to the settings to the magic, which would be translated to special effects in live action features. I've yet to see a TV show that can make certain phenomena look convincing (Game of Thrones falls into this more often than not), whereas with animation, the same phenomena looks consistent with the rest of the show. As for the difference between real actors with arguably more real emotion, I really don't see that. Live action actors can and have given worse performances than voice actors, who bridge the gap between the plain animation we see on screen and the characters that animation represents to bring a level of emotion to the feature.

On the note of borderline pedophilia themes in anime, that's unfortunately a caveat of the genre, but not all anime fans watch that sort of thing, and even then those who do watch those titles don't watch them because they sexually get off on what they see. Though, I've never seen any of these shows enter the mainstream anime following outside of Japan. Additionally, anime isn't the only genre that has following for certain taboo themes, so I guess all other genres can be grouped under a similar negative light as anime in this respect.

If I had to choose one:

Ranma 1/2

Old but pretty darn awesome, still watch the first seasons every now and then

Also I have seen:

Dragon Ball Z

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

Avatar (I have seen other people post it, so I assume it counts)

Pokemon (Hell Yeah \m/)

One Piece!

# -_-     [Planned RIg AKA Project ARES    -_-#

| AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core | Be Quiet DARK ROCK 2 57.9 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z  |G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM |Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" SSD | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB  |Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower|Gelid Solutions Silent 14 PWM 74.5 CFM 140mm x3 |Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified Power Supply|

|Rosewill RNX-N250PCe | Windows 8  | Acer H236HLbid 23.0" |Corsair Vengeance K70 
Corsair Vengeance M65 Wired Laser | STEELSERIES QCK Black|Sennheiser HD 558Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer         

Avatar (if we are counting that)

Pokemon (Hey, some people count avatar! :P )

Kiki's Delivery Service 

Death Note (A little slow, but good nonetheless) 

Intel 3570K - MSI GTX 660Ti 3GB OC Edition - 16GB Corsair LP RAM - ASRock Extreme4 Motherboard - Corsair HX850 - Adata Premier Pro SP900 120GB SSD with Windows 7 - Seagate Barracuda 1TD HDD - Seagate Barracuda 500GB HDD - Thermaltake Frio CPU Cooler - CM Storm Enforcer Case - Macbook Pro Early 2011 Laptop

Ive watched normal Naruto series trough the end, now i am on last episode of naruto shippuden, new episode is coming out now! I LOVE IT!

characters and animation in shippuden makes me cringe .. 

especially the animation fluctuates so horribly it's not even funny the quality is completely different going from one episode to another ( though it stays crappy throughout the curve)

not hating on the show or anything it's just that they make it harder and harder to watch for every single episode they release ..

Do I have to pick one?

Sword Art Online

Clannad

Puella Magi Madoka Magica

Kara no Kyoukai

Steins;Gate

Sekai no Senki (Banner of the Stars)/Sekai no Monshou (Crest of the Stars)

Pretty much anything written by Urobuchi Gen ends up being watched.  As far as studios is concerned, I'll give anything by PA Works, Ufotable, or Kyoto Animation a shot.

Current Rig
AMD Ryzen 5900X - Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming WiFi 2 - 32 GB GSkill TridentZ RGB
GeForce RTX 3080 - WD Black SN850 1TB  - Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL