What is your Favorite Anime/Manga?

Royalburgers
7 hours ago, Mirdon said:

I love Corpse Party and Another, wish there were more horror animes...

Have you seen Shiki, Tokyo Ghoul, Moon Phase, Dance in the Vampire Bund, High School of the Dead, Dusk Maiden of Amnesia, Trinity Blood, Death Note (it's got death gods in it so maybe that counts?)

6 hours ago, Gale said:

Ummm... Corey in the House?

Stop.  Right there.  Seriously wtf is with this?  That's not an anime and saying it is is 1000% not funny.  

1 hour ago, Dash Lambda said:

As I said, it's probably my favorite anime.

Ok.  But what about it makes it your favorite?

1 hour ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Re: Zero 

Is One Punch Man good?   I've heard of it but idk anything about it.  

I can tell that's very good but I still have absolutely no idea what's going on. ?

Same for Serial Experiments Lain.  It wasn't bad but even TRYING to understand what was going on made my head hurt.   

Yeah, you need to dedicate your attention for this one. Movies release order isn't in chronological order so that messes things as well. :D

Laptop: Acer V3-772G  CPU: i5 4200M GPU: GT 750M SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB
DesktopCPU: R7 1700x GPU: RTX 2080 SSDSamsung 860 Evo 1TB 

17 minutes ago, JuztBe said:

Yeah, you need to dedicate your attention for this one. Movies release order isn't in chronological order so that messes things as well. :D

I know they're in a weird order.  I forget if I watched them in chronological order or not.  ?

1 hour ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Ok. But what about it makes it your favorite?

All I'll say is that I love its humor. It's one of those things where it's best that you don't really have it explained to you before you watch it.

"Do as I say, not as I do."

-Because you actually care if it makes sense.

10 hours ago, Gale said:

Ummm... Corey in the House?

Wow, I searched that up expecting an anime since I recognise the name and then realised how dumb I was...

11 hours ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Have you seen Shiki, Tokyo Ghoul, Moon Phase, Dance in the Vampire Bund, High School of the Dead, Dusk Maiden of Amnesia, Trinity Blood, Death Note (it's got death gods in it so maybe that counts?)

Stop.  Right there.  Seriously wtf is with this?  That's not an anime and saying it is is 1000% not funny.  

I've watched Tokyo Ghoul, HotD and Death Note but what I was looking for was a purely horror anime wherein Corpse Party did an amazing job. I want regular people tossed into a situation where there are ghost and mysteries kinda like regular horror movies, just an animated version. Another is an exception because even though there wasn't any ghosts, it delivered a different kind of scare. The whole mood was unsettling, anytime something can happen, it was gory enough, you're left just as confused and helpless as the protagonist and you're trying to find what exactly is going on.

In Tokyo Ghoul they had powers and the horror element was pretty much negated by that.

In HotD, I really don't consider zombie to be that scary, I'd very much prefer ghosts and celestial beings.

In Death Note, there's unfortunately not a scary element that I found, it was a god of death that teamed up with a guy to kill people.

Powers/Abilities is a big no-no for the horror requirement that I want.

1 hour ago, Mirdon said:

I've watched Tokyo Ghoul, HotD and Death Note but what I was looking for was a purely horror anime wherein Corpse Party did an amazing job. I want regular people tossed into a situation where there are ghost and mysteries kinda like regular horror movies, just an animated version. Another is an exception because even though there wasn't any ghosts, it delivered a different kind of scare. The whole mood was unsettling, anytime something can happen, it was gory enough, you're left just as confused and helpless as the protagonist and you're trying to find what exactly is going on.

In Tokyo Ghoul they had powers and the horror element was pretty much negated by that.

In HotD, I really don't consider zombie to be that scary, I'd very much prefer ghosts and celestial beings.

In Death Note, there's unfortunately not a scary element that I found, it was a god of death that teamed up with a guy to kill people.

Powers/Abilities is a big no-no for the horror requirement that I want.

So what about Shiki?  

Dusk Maiden?

Moon Phase?

11 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

So what about Shiki?  

Dusk Maiden?

Moon Phase?

Never heard of them, I'll check some clips and edit this once I've seen them.

Akame ga kill

Kill la kill

Tokyo Ghoul

Log Horizon

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

I'd have to go with Gintama, but when it's serious drama, not their usual (awesome) stupidity. And I'd finish finish with FMA: Brotherhood and FMP: Fummoffu.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

• 2 years later...

My fave anime &manga is "That time I was reincarnated as a slime". Like Overlord but at the same time it's not dark and cruel.

I'm greatly above potato, but I'm getting there...

Midrange Potato LVL 60:

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 with Snowman MT-6 Dual Fans (CPU @ 3.8 GHz - 4.375 GHz to 4.5 GHz @ 1.1V - 1.35V),

MOBO: MSI B550-A Pro
GPU: Asrock RX 5600 XT Phantom Gaming D3 (1820MHz core @930mV)

RAM: TeamGroup T-Force Delta DDR4 Gaming 16GB (2x8GB) 3000MHz 16-17-17-37-58 @ 1.35V,

HARD DRIVE: WD 1TB Blue 
SSD: Toshiba XG5 Series NVMe 512GB (KXG50GVN512G) & Crucial MX500 1TB

CASE: DeepCool Kendomen Titanium case
PSU: Corsair RM-750 (2019) 80+ Gold

Display: Asus VP249QGR via HDMI (144Hz)

Keyboard: Generic PS/2 Keyboard

Mouse: Generic Honeycomb 250Hz Mouse
Speakers: Generic Headset

And yes, there are now fans. 5 Arctic P12 PST's

Userbenchmark Run: 
https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/25234338 I don't trust that site anymore

There's no single answer unless you've literally only seen/read a handful of anime/manga.
I've seen nearly 700 anime over the years, for nearly 11000 episodes in total and manga are up there as well.

Favorite Animes:
Youjo Senki
Unlimited Blade Works
The Irregular at Magic High School
Sunday Without God

among others.

Favorite Mangas :

Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken
Saihate no Paladin
One Punch-Man
Ascendance of a Bookworm
Somali to Mori no Kami-sama
The Vengeful White Cat Lounging on the Dragon King's Lap

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

im all about ghost in the shell. no counting the real life movie.

why everybody post the spec of their rig here? i dont! cuz its made of mashed potatoes!

2 minutes ago, zassou said:

im all about ghost in the shell. no counting the real life movie.

You mean you didn't like that movie? It was GREAT! /s

"Liam" - CPU: Ryzen 3700x Base GPU: EVGA Titan X(Maxwell) RAM: Trident Royal Z 32GB @ 3600mhz Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic White Cooler: Corsair H150i Pro RGB 360mm Case Fans: Thermaltake Riing 12 Series Whitex6

Just now, AmpedUpDad said:

You mean you didn't like that movie? It was GREAT! /s

srsly tho, i dont want to watch it. i always stay away from western anime adaptation, same goes to gunnm or "alita battle angel" (what a nonsense).

uncanny valley effect, directors who dont preciate original material and marketing team disguise as writing team.

why everybody post the spec of their rig here? i dont! cuz its made of mashed potatoes!

There's too many to choose from so I'll just list the ones that I've rewatched/reread the most.

Anime: Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood

Manga: Choujin Gakuen

I like Hajime no Ippo, Shokugeki no Soma and Mugen no Jūnin.

Also Gundam Thunderbolt, Bebop, BECK and FLCL.

Doraemon(in the episode goodbye doraemon, the original, not the remake).

Of course I've grown out it it but it will forever remain my symbolic favorite. It is the only anime that manage to make me shed tears. No other anime has managed to do the same. I laugh my ass off in clannad after story but cried to a children's show. Hahaha. 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

On 4/27/2019 at 9:26 AM, TetraSky said:

Why UBW where there is fate zero which is superior in every way?

Sudo make me a sandwich 

2 hours ago, wasab said:

Why UBW where there is fate zero which is superior in every way?

Lets agree to disagree on that one.

Loved Fate Zero, but it's not superior, to me.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

1 hour ago, TetraSky said:

Lets agree to disagree on that one.

Loved Fate Zero, but it's not superior, to me.

???

Unbelievable

Sudo make me a sandwich 

Here's a couple of manga that I'm currently reading and enjoying 

Yozakura Quartet

Seitokai Yakuindomo

Kin no Kanojo Gin no Kanojo

Yamada-kun and the seven witches

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒