Looking for Software tool that helps streamline making sure all drivers/apps are upto date

HausOfLandau

I have a custom built Windows Rig, and I hate how I have to regularly open Geforce Experience, my motherboard, peripherals and a few other update tools to make sure everything is up to date for key drivers and software. has anyone found a tool or piece of software that helps streamline this, essentially a Ninite type thing that will go through and update the stuff you want for you?  Many of these apps do not have auto-update features.

2 minutes ago, JonTheGayNerd said:

I have a custom built Windows Rig, and I hate how I have to regularly open Geforce Experience, my motherboard, peripherals and a few other update tools to make sure everything is up to date for key drivers and software. has anyone found a tool or piece of software that helps streamline this, essentially a Ninite type thing that will go through and update the stuff you want for you?  Many of these apps do not have auto-update features.

Yea. It's called Windows Update

It's called Windows Update?

Careful with softwares that claim to update drivers for you like iobit driver boost and many others, these programs are entirely what you'd call placebo effects and might actually break stuff in the long run.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

Your motherboard drivers and such are automatically updated by windows, really the only thing you need to look after is your gpu drivers. GeForce Experience gives you a notification anyway, so you wouldnt be solving problems finding some 3rd party program to manage them

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

Just now, GoodBytes said:

Yea. It's called Windows Update

Image result for he's right you know

Windows recently has been giving me notifications for some programs (not all, but some) which are actually pretty handy. I dont know if I've seen them for NVIDIA drivers though.

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

I'd also argue in favor of letting Windows Update do its thing, since it's likely that if you actually need the driver, it'll provide it for you.

I treat drivers as the foundation of the system. If there's nothing wrong with them, there's no point in updating them. They also don't provide any performance benefit unless it's specifically stated to do such. For example, NVIDIA provides release notes for every driver release, which includes which games had improvements. The drivers will only improve performance for those games, nothing more. Another thing they contain are things the driver fixed, known issues that they've yet to find a solution for, and issues outside of their control.

24 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

Windows recently has been giving me notifications for some programs (not all, but some) which are actually pretty handy. I dont know if I've seen them for NVIDIA drivers though.

Yup. They are very very few manufcatures stuck in early 2000's, not deliving updates to Microsoft servers for the company to distribute them to all. Creative Labs, is an example of such company (which I don't understand as they all they do is put load on their servers, costing more money then anything Microsoft charges (Microsoft also certifies drivers)). But beside those select few... special...hardware, Windows Updarte deliver updates for all hardware old and new.

Nvidia/AMD deliver updates very frequently, usually with new big game title releases, so you may be a few versions behind if you only use Windows Update due to the driver certification program., and may miss on some game performance optimizations design for those games if you don't.. but never the end of the world per se if you don't update. The game will work regarless. This is just Nvidia and AMD doing an extra mile for its consumers.

On 4/12/2019 at 10:53 PM, JonTheGayNerd said:

That’s the best way to do it safely without causing issues, windows update is another option as well, I think you can set GeForce Experience to auto download and update in background I believe 

Theres 3rd party software that would do it but I wouldn’t recommend it based on my experience with it when I used it when Windows 8( not 8.1) on a brand new laptop 5 years ago, it causes BSOD on my laptop. Windows 8 was about a year old in late 2013 (approximately)