A new series that explains EVERYTHING

Wohaaa

Cant type much, on mobile.

To keep it brief: I have an idea to make a series of videos. I call this series HAKO (Highly Advanced K (Don't want to make it sound like Taco) Komputer Operation). The purpose is to explain EVERYTHING one might need to know about computers, for all ages, up to date as of 2019, a complete beginner's guide. I plan to get it done by early june (complete solo project, also exams until 8th May so cant focus on it). A lot of reasons why I want to do this, but I want to know just 2 things. How does the idea sound, and if a better name can be thought of for this series. Thank you for your time random person reading this!

It is said that an Italian dies every time Spaghetti is broken.

That's why I break mine twice.

i get the feeling it will have deep, searing flaws, but if you want to do it go ahead. 

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

4 minutes ago, THE PC GAMER said:

I call this series HAKO (Highly Advanced K (Don't want to make it sound like Taco) Komputer Operation). The purpose is to explain EVERYTHING one might need to know about computers, for all ages,

youtube already has "everything", how would you differentiate your own series? 

Just now, dgsddfgdfhgs said:

The problem ive found is that the info is scattered. You have to look for things and it can be confusing at times. There are guides sometimes but a lot of them not up to date. This is not only up to date for 2019 but has everything. Parts, what numbers and letters mean, how to choose a right computer, how to build a computer, new graphocs cards, explaining generations, etc. I dont really care if it doesnt go popular but i want it to be there so in a normal conversation instead of giving a long confusing lecture, i can just tell people to watch it

4 minutes ago, dgsddfgdfhgs said:

By everything i mean all general pc knowledge l. Going into detail about history and making of components and rumors would be pointless

Just now, VegetableStu said:

that's a high bar you set yourself up there o_o

then again that's the thought vehicle for Geography Now (A-Z of countries) and Captain Joe (guides and technicalities of aviation by an active commercial pilot), so why not

there's the practical side of personal computing (the terminology, the parts, the standards, etc; all in terms of building a PC) and then there's a bit more in depth (computer science, applied mathematics, computer graphics, hardware fabrication, hobby projects, etc)

history of computing is another thing, but it's best if you can actually get access to museums rather than just research and pages

pick your pace, there's definitely a lot more to any one subject, so if you find it's a bit too much you might want to split that video up

Just practical side. General knowledge. Otherwise most older audiences will be confused and have useless info.

It is hard to tell if there is a market for such a show, i mean with so many tubers out there…. and so many information widely available… Maybe if you keep it local?  and indeed on a personal, charismatic level? That would be the big selling point, i read you have to do your exams so i'm concluding you are still pretty young which means you can't act like the all experienced professional.... E.G. if you check out how goofy all those linus video's are ;) 

anyway GL 

On 4/11/2019 at 11:49 AM, THE PC GAMER said:

By everything i mean all general pc knowledge l. Going into detail about history and making of components and rumors would be pointless

How does it differ from what TQ for example does then?

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I'm getting a bit of this vibe:

Except instead of standards it's tech channels

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

I would say that hako don't sound too catchy, try BACY, build a computer yourself. You should differentiate yourself by making it understandable for all ages and the computer illiterate so that anyone can build a pc, also try to do ultra low budget builds <$400

On 4/11/2019 at 3:38 AM, THE PC GAMER said:

Cant type much, on mobile.

To keep it brief: I have an idea to make a series of videos. I call this series HAKO (Highly Advanced K (Don't want to make it sound like Taco) Komputer Operation). The purpose is to explain EVERYTHING one might need to know about computers, for all ages, up to date as of 2019, a complete beginner's guide. I plan to get it done by early june (complete solo project, also exams until 8th May so cant focus on it). A lot of reasons why I want to do this, but I want to know just 2 things. How does the idea sound, and if a better name can be thought of for this series. Thank you for your time random person reading this!

Bro if you want to do it, just do it! don't try to get validation from the LTT forum users, some of them are just straight up Toxic, and will deem your idea useless....good luck

9 hours ago, Haris Javed said:

Bro if you want to do it, just do it! don't try to get validation from the LTT forum users, some of them are just straight up Toxic, and will deem your idea useless....good luck

Being critical isn't same as being toxic, fyi. If they post here, they will receive criticism. And that DOES vary from positive and encouraging to realistoc and questioning (my usual tone) to pessimistic and negative. But this forum is overall far from hostile or toxic. Moderation will keep that kind of attitude out.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

On 4/11/2019 at 6:49 PM, THE PC GAMER said:

By everything i mean all general pc knowledge l.

I have the feeling you would be just another channel that didn't quite cover everything,  I say this because I dare say the other channels out there set out to do what you are doing, they feel they have covered everything, how3ever that everything is as they see it.  I think there is always going to be someone who feels they need a better video.

Not that I want to detract you from trying, please by all means because if you provide a structure of video that is fun to watch and informative you will both still help people and provide something worth watching.

On 4/11/2019 at 6:49 PM, THE PC GAMER said:

Going into detail about history and making of components and rumors would be pointless

Sometimes you are going to have to do that, there are parts of tech that just don't make sense or can't adequately be explained unless you go into the history.

Also there are other problems that most youtubers don't seem to get right, and that is when you have to go into detail that really requires a university degree to understand (like law or corporate finance) to explain certain choices a company may have made with specific products.

I think if you nail that and can back your explanations up with decent supporting documents you;ll have a winner of a channel.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

I would love to watch your series since most of the information is so scattered in youtube, I like to watch any series when the same person explains the whole thing instead of looking for one topic in one place and another topic on another place. For example, if I need to watch any explanation videos for any subject like maths for my university, I always look for someone who has that entire subject in their channel.

As I didn't get answer to my question about how this differs from TQ, here's my concerns. Note that I'm not against anything overall. If you feel like you should do it, then just do it. But considering established youtubers already do this kind of thing, you becoming the Wikipedia of Youtube will take time, and somewhat original way of delivery. Plus being more accurate than alternatives.

So since this would be overall guide of stuff, it needs to be both accurate and well delivered. First requires you to do research and to be absolutely sure on what you are communicating. As new youtuber on the scene, you will need to be accurate from start to make difference between you and facts-to-nonsense -style LMG videos tend to have (TQ is known for inaccuracies). You, at the beginning, won't have leisure of making many mistakes before you are deemed of being unreliable source.

Second means you need to have script. Constant cutting is more annoying than you being deliver long explanation, even when its obviously read from prompter or some other form of notes. Writing script that feels natural is hard. Same goes to being able to deliver it with ease. This will take time and you will get better with it. Important part is that you have personality and delivery-style which is liked from the start.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv