LTT Conglomerate main discussion thread

While the mechanics of flight are different, there's a lot you can work on as a team like seeing how well command with work during dogfighting, tracking is a good one you can learn not just your enemies but your wingmen

More like NASCAR's and touring cars...

Was just a thought while we waited for MP

Hmm fair point but the radar system is different so keeping track won't be that similar I think. Hmm.....

While the mechanics of flight are different, there's a lot you can work on as a team like seeing how well command with work during dogfighting, tracking is a good one you can learn not just your enemies but your wingmen

More like NASCAR's and touring cars...

Was just a thought while we waited for MP

the problem is you don't need to position yourself with a spaceship as the real pilots do when they dogfight. there are manoeuvres you do(and it's actually all about the distance between you and the enemy. otherwise you just try your chance for your enemy to make a mistake) when there is a jet behing you to take over the better position. but in a spaceship you don't have to move where your ship pointing. so if there is an enemy behind you, you just keep moving to the same direction but turning your ship to your enemy. so i don't think it would help improving dogfighting with star citizen but it may improve to move and act as a team imo

Hmm fair point but the radar system is different so keeping track won't be that similar I think. Hmm.....

I'm talking manual tracking (by eye) and last known positions learning your oppositions behavior.

I don't generally need to look at the radar anymore, the bonus of growing up with combat flight sims and dad sharing all his secrets :lol:

the problem is you don't need to position yourself with a spaceship as the real pilots do when they dogfight. there are manoeuvres you do(and it's actually all about the distance between you and the enemy. otherwise you just try your chance for your enemy to make a mistake) when there is a jet behing you to take over the better position. but in a spaceship you don't have to move where your ship pointing. so if there is an enemy behind you, you just keep moving to the same direction but turning your ship to your enemy. so i don't think it would help improving dogfighting with star citizen but it may improve to move and act as a team imo

Most common mistake in SC I see is people pitching and rolling like a usual flight sim/star wars :P rather than pitch and yawing so yes people could learn bad habits.

And yes you don't have to take up usual positions but the tail is still the best place to be seeing as there are no guns and as the engined are all situated at the back, its the highest prize so standard rules apply.

Also I see people fly at the target take a "bombing run" and have to come back for a second run, aiming for a few feet slightly behind the target will get you up behind the target and a full clip of even the Aurora's guns will take out a vanduul from behind, which is better than a few shots at the targets side and spooking them to fly at you.

Every bad habit can be remedied even in a standard flight sim.

tracker has a huge Radar on its back for scanning and detecting stuff while the ghost have low signature equipment to make it less likely to pop up on radar.

As for ship upgrades, it depends:

How much to you like the game so far?

What type of a pilot will you be?

Can you afford your options?

I'd stick with the Aurora and work yourself up. But if your dead serious then, I'd say get the Freelancer, it's more versatile.

I'm gonna ignore the first bit because @CatCloud answered that well enough.

The Aurora is a base ship so that means unless your willing to wait till in game upgrades happen your not going to have a good time.

The hornet is a fighter which if your looking to transport you won't be able much if any. The only one that'll be good for quick snatch and grab rescue mission is the two seated version.

If your looking solely for transport freelancer is the way to go.

Thanks guys for the help. I think I'll go with the Freelancer and trade until I can raise enough UEC to buy any other ships I want. It seems like the smarter idea.

Setup: i5 4670k @ 4.2 Ghz, Corsair H100i Cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB Ram @ 1600 Mhz, MSI Z87-GD65 Motherboard, Corsair GS700 2013 edition PSU, MSI GTX 770 Lightning, Samsung EVO 120 SSD + 2TB&1TB Seagate Barracudas, BenQ XL2411T Monitor, Sennheiser HD 598 Headphones + AntLion ModMic 4.0

PC Specs: Case: NZXT Phantom 530; Motherboard: Maximus VI Formula; CPU: Intel Haswell I5 4670k; CPU Cooler: Intel Stock (for now); RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro Red 2x4GB 1600 MHz; GPU: XFX Radeon HD 7950 DD; HDD: WD 1TB Caviar Black; SSD: Samsung 840 EVO; PSU: Corsair AX 860; Monitor: Asus MX23H

Ugh havent played this since i wiped and intalled windows 8 on my comp.  Been dreading the download time for the updates.

:ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r: They're more like guide lines than actual rules. :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:

Ugh havent played this since i wiped and intalled windows 8 on my comp. Been dreading the download time for the updates.

Doesn't bother me as its fairly quick for me or I just put a single player game on while it downloads

Ugh havent played this since i wiped and intalled windows 8 on my comp. Been dreading the download time for the updates.

Do it overnight, should be done by the time you wake up.

PC Specs: Case: NZXT Phantom 530; Motherboard: Maximus VI Formula; CPU: Intel Haswell I5 4670k; CPU Cooler: Intel Stock (for now); RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro Red 2x4GB 1600 MHz; GPU: XFX Radeon HD 7950 DD; HDD: WD 1TB Caviar Black; SSD: Samsung 840 EVO; PSU: Corsair AX 860; Monitor: Asus MX23H

What do you think they will show at the next expo?

I'm guessing either squadron 42 or the FPS module

They already said the fps module.

When? Where?

The surprise is ruined now :(

One of there shows, can't remember witch one. Round the 'verse I think.

Ah I thought they said they wouldn't say what it was until the day

I'm super curious to see the fps gameplay. It's because it'll define the SC experience a lot. If fps sucks we will spend all the time flying. If it's cool and rewarding it'll attract lots of good fps players who will benefit there from their skills. Maybe even there's gonna be players who stick mainly to fps in the PU? I guess it all depends on the amount and quality of the content.

well the FPS is being built in the cry engine, which is first and foremost a FPS game engine. so, if should atleast be "ok" as cyrsis is pretty good and uses the same engine.

btw is there trackIR support atm for arena commander?

No and there won't be for a while

No and there won't be for a while

And it's really a shame. It's not a huge deal to implement it and SC is supposed to be a sim. For many simmers trackIR is a must and they can't play without it. It's such a game changer. This is what makes me play more elite than SC for now.

And it's really a shame. It's not a huge deal to implement it and SC is supposed to be a sim. For many simmers trackIR is a must and they can't play without it. It's such a game changer. This is what makes me play more elite than SC for now.

They've said they will have it eventually, i just guess they have more important stuff to do first.

They've said they will have it eventually, i just guess they have more important stuff to do first.

+1

Especially since the rift is more popular at the moment it makes sense to build support for that

I get the point but I can't agree. Dogfighting module is about dogfighting which means it's about training your situational awareness and piloting skills. Without head tracking and proper button mapings on a hotas all the training we do now is kind of waste of time. Most of the stuff we'll have to relearn after these features are implemented.

As much as I enjoy flying the DFM I don't consider it to be useful as a preparation for the real deal.

I'm not bitching and it doesn't make me less hungry for the game. It's just that I don't think it's something that can be left "for later". These are the most crucial things for dogfighting.

I get the point but I can't agree. Dogfighting module is about dogfighting which means it's about training your situational awareness and piloting skills. Without head tracking and proper button mapings on a hotas all the training we do now is kind of waste of time. Most of the stuff we'll have to relearn after these features are implemented.

As much as I enjoy flying the DFM I don't consider it to be useful as a preparation for the real deal.

I'm not bitching and it doesn't make me less hungry for the game. It's just that I don't think it's something that can be left "for later". These are the most crucial things for dogfighting.

I see your point and agree with you, but i have to say that I think its more about preparing the game for us rather than preparing us for the game. Remember guys that this is about testing the game reporting bugs etc.

Also they have now opened up AC for everyone with #250000 or below

I see your point and agree with you, but i have to say that I think its more about preparing the game for us rather than preparing us for the game. Remember guys that this is about testing the game reporting bugs etc.

True. You win ;}