Friends trying to show off Tech

Kyuubixchidori

People at my school think overclocking will kill your components. Idiots.

Others think that AMD CPUs are better than Intel CPUs

To give them a little credit, overclocking can kill the components.  But I imagine they think that any overclock at all will immediately kill the components.

Desktop: Intel Core i7-6700K, ASUS Z170-A, ASUS STRIX GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4 RAM, 512 GB Samsund 840 Pro, Seasonic X series 650W PSU, Fractal Design Define R4, 2x5TB HDD

Hypervisor 1: Intel Xeon E5-2630L, ASRock EPC612D8, 16GB DDR4 ECC RAM, Intel RT3WB080 8-port RAID controller plus expansion card, Norco RPC-4020 case, 20x2TB WD Red HDD

Other spare hypervisors: Dell Poweredge 2950, HP Proliant DL380 G5

Laptops: ThinkPads, lots of ThinkPads

So... he's showing off his mom's computer. I wonder what kind of computer he actually owns.

dat ax1200, gunna need that....someday

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

in fairness it is an x58 platform (max of 48GB of random access memory a little bit shy of 500GB of ram)

X79A GD65 (8D), 3820, 7770, 16GB (1600Mhz cas9), 850watt(ocz zx), storm trooper, h100, xonar xense, sp2500, pc350, asus PA248Q LG 22'' ips, razor black-widow ultimate 2013, 120GB intel 520 series 128GB crucial M4 2*3TB barracuda 2*1TB barracuda 2TB Hitachi 

in fairness it is an x58 platform (max of 48GB of random access memory a little bit shy of 500GB of ram)

no its okay, because RAM= raw accumulated memory (according to him) so just give it a bit, my 8 gigs of ram is already up into the 90s! if its not working for you, try downloading more ram. over. and over. 

no its okay, because RAM= raw accumulated memory (according to him) so just give it a bit, my 8 gigs of ram is already up into the 90s! if its not working for you, try downloading more ram. over. and over. 

I could do with downloading some more ram  ;)

X79A GD65 (8D), 3820, 7770, 16GB (1600Mhz cas9), 850watt(ocz zx), storm trooper, h100, xonar xense, sp2500, pc350, asus PA248Q LG 22'' ips, razor black-widow ultimate 2013, 120GB intel 520 series 128GB crucial M4 2*3TB barracuda 2*1TB barracuda 2TB Hitachi 

I am on an after school trivia club team thingy. The game involves answering questions of varying fields (history, science, calculation, data structures, computer stuff, and so on) and naturally I do the computer and obscure stuff nobody else knows. The question went something along the lines of "What is the small but fast memory unit located on the central processor of a computer?" and immediately 3 of the people all say "Random Access Memory!". They are smart people but they just thought they knew a little bit more than they actually did.

Another time I was showing my friend how to build a kickass PC so he wouldn't be scammed buying a prebuilt. He was pretty enthusiastic about not getting scammed but then several months he is bragging about his alienware.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

I am on an after school trivia club team thingy. The game involves answering questions of varying fields (history, science, calculation, data structures, computer stuff, and so on) and naturally I do the computer and obscure stuff nobody else knows. The question went something along the lines of "What is the small but fast memory unit located on the central processor of a computer?" and immediately 3 of the people all say "Random Access Memory!". They are smart people but they just thought they knew a little bit more than they actually did.

Another time I was showing my friend how to build a kickass PC so he wouldn't be scammed buying a prebuilt. He was pretty enthusiastic about not getting scammed but then several months he is bragging about his alienware.

Can I cache in on that answer

Sorry

I was in a Skype call with my friend talking about his new gaming PC, me and him are always highly competitive with each other. I was looking at his specs that he sent me (His PC) and then he goes and says "Yeah, our PC's are pretty much the same". I literally almost fell of my chair laughing, it took me a while to explain that there was a reason his PC worth half as much as mine.. Oh yeah and I tried to make him build his own but he refused. :/

Check out my Build Log: Project Contrast

Can I cache in on that answer

Oh man I so should have said that! I ended up just chuckling under my breath after giving the correct answer.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

i had a friend who bought a laptop, and was telling me it had GTX 690 PENTA SLI, i dont think he even knew what SLI means :P

i9 11900k - NH-D15S - ASUS Z-590-F - 64GB 2400Mhz - 1080ti SC - 970evo 1TB - 960evo 250GB - 850evo 250GB - WDblack 1TB - WDblue 3TB - HX850i - 27GN850-B - PB278Q - VX229 - HP P224 - HP P224 - HannsG HT231 - 450D                                                         

I know someone who was bragging about buying a 7770 for $200. I bought a 7850 for like $170 or something.

I can be a cynical a**hole at times. I apologize if I cause any offence at those time. I also occasionally have issues communicating my point. Extreme introversion + Photographic memory + Some other things.

Desktop: i5-4670k - 8gb 1600MHz - MSI 7850

Laptop: i7-4810QM - GTX 870m - 8gb RAM

my brother used to try and be "tech savy" and make a complete cock of himself while I was laughing my ass off (:

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

Whoo I just "love" people like this.

That was awesome.  I can only hope to achieve this level of awesome one day.

I managed to make one of my friends think, that PC hardware could look sexy.

We're like 4 PC gamers in my class. The rest is all fanboying over the PS4, thinking that it is sexy... Morons ;D

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

It feels as though no games ever leave the BETA stage anymore, until about 3 years after it officially releases. - Shd0w2 2014

I managed to make one of my friends think, that PC hardware could look sexy.

We're like 4 PC gamers in my class. The rest is all fanboying over the PS4, thinking that it is sexy... Morons ;D

In all fairness, the PS4 is pretty sexy.

People at my school think overclocking will kill your components. Idiots.

Others think that AMD CPUs are better than Intel CPUs

Kids at my school dont know what overclocking is. Let alone a cpu or a gpu or ram... you get the point :)

at least it isnt as bad as my little brother trying to show off about his wii and the tacking thing  

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

Every non-tech thinks Intel and Nvidia are the only brands thats worth buying.. AMD will just catch fire and burn down their house, along with their CoD collection..

#LinusKitchenTips /// "Better than useless" - Linus Sebastian

LTT Holy bible: Code Of Conduct

Project Toaster [My Silver NCASE M1 V2 Build-log] 

Main Rig
 Case: Fractal Design Define R5 CPU: INTEL 
i5 3570k Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: Maximus V Gene Z77 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (w/ 0% fan mode) RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x8GB 1600mHz Storage: OCZ VERTEX 4 256GB PSU: Corsair AX860 Monitor: ASUS PB278Q 1440p 27" Headphones: QPAD QH-90 Laptop
Macbook Pro Retina 13" i5 256Gb Early 2015
Phone
Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone Black

I feel bad for that computer...

As for "fails", going home to a friend in an attempt to troubleshoot his PC resulted in the conclusion that he had tried to insert the RAM the wrong way around. I have no clue how he could believe it would be fine with the RAM sticking out half way..

CPUIntel Core I5-3570k @4.2Ghz |  CoolerBeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 2 | MOBOMsi Z77 Mpower | GPUSapphire HD7970 Dual-X 3GB RAMCorsair Vengeance Low Profile 1600mhz (2x8GB) | HDD Samsung SSD 840 EVO 120GB & HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB | PSU: BeQuiet! PurePower L8 630w | Case: Corsair C70 Military Green | Display: BenQ GL2450HM 24" KeyboardCM Storm QuickFire Ultimate Keyboard (Browns) | MouseR.A.T 7 | Mouse padSteelseries QcK Mass | Headset: Plantronics Gamecom 780 | OS: Windows 7 Ultimate | Picture of setuphttp://i.imgur.com/o8jKsQJ.jpg (OLD)

I had a friend who wanted to switch from his AMD processor (which one it was escapes my mind) to 1155 because he wanted an i5 (what is it with people and thinking "i5" is a specific processor model anyway?).

His solution? Why, buy a new socket for his motherboard of course.

just got a funny text from a friend, labeled "you thought you had a cool computer,"

What does your PC looks like then?

update. so his moms boss built that computer, and now he wants the boss to make one for him this is my chance to save him.

You can't polish a turd... He seems to be one of those.... "types"

If you don't wanna be stressed,... Don't bother.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz