Friends trying to show off Tech

Kyuubixchidori

just got a funny text from a friend, labeled "you thought you had a cool computer," he sent a text of a computer with a massive heat sink, a gtx 580, and cable management that is worse then not trying.  it looks like it hasn't been cleaned since it was built. and it has, and i quote " 500gb of RAM raw accumulated memory". i tried to explain to him that, not only is that incorrect, but its impossible.

an one else have story's of friends trying to show off with no idea what they are talking about? 

just got a funny text from a friend, labeled "you thought you had a cool computer," he sent a text of a computer with a massive heat sink, a gtx 580, and cable management that is worse then not trying.  it looks like it hasn't been cleaned since it was built. and it has, and i quote " 500gb of RAM raw accumulated memory". i tried to explain to him that, not only is that incorrect, but its impossible.

an one else have story's of friends trying to show off with no idea what they are talking about? 

can you post the pic of that pc?

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

What does the computer look like or the webpage I'm interested :D

Hope I could help!

Specs: CPU: AMD FX-8320 @4.0ghz GPU: ASUS DCUII GTX 770 PSU: EVGA Supernova 750g CASE: Fractal Define R4 RAM: 8 Gigabytes ADATA 1333 Mhz MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3

I believe there is a tech fails thread some wheres on here you might want to check that out if you think this is funny :) , if i find it ill post here

|Casual Rig| CPU: i5-6600k |MoBo: ROG Gene  |GPU: Asus 670 Direct CU2 |RAM: RipJaws 2400MHz 2x8GB DDR4 |Heatsink: H100i |Boot Drive: Samsung Evo SSD 240GB|Chassis:BitFenix Prodigy |Peripherals| Keyboard:DasKeyboard, Cherry MX Blue Switches,|Mouse: Corsair M40

|Server Specs| CPU: i7-3770k [OC'd @ 4.1GHz] |MoBo: Sabertooth Z77 |RAM: Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz 2x8GB |Boot Drive: Samsung 840 SSD 128GB|Storage Drive: 4 WD 3TB Red Drives Raid 5 |Chassis:Corsair 600t 

look at that beauty. update from him, its his moms work computer. I dunno if I should be proud of the custom PC, or sad from the lack of care

I cried...

"Probably Because I'm A Dangerous Sociopath With A Long History Of Violence"

look at that beauty. update from him, its his moms work computer. I dunno if I should be proud of the custom PC, or sad from the lack of care

Oh my that's a beauty

Hope I could help!

Specs: CPU: AMD FX-8320 @4.0ghz GPU: ASUS DCUII GTX 770 PSU: EVGA Supernova 750g CASE: Fractal Define R4 RAM: 8 Gigabytes ADATA 1333 Mhz MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3

I had a friend who thought a 7570 was better than a 6990 because it was a bigger number

CPU-Intel Core i7-6700k  Motherboard-Asus Z170I Pro Gaming Mini ITX LGA1151  

GPU-MSI GeForce GTX 1060 6GB  Ram-16GB HyperX Fury Black DDR4-2133  Case-Corsair 250D Black  

Displays-Samsung SyncMaster 2443BWX (1920x1200) & Samsung 4k TV 

PSU-Corsair RMx 850W 80+ Gold   Cooling-Corsair H60 54.0 CFM Liquid Cooler   

Keyboard-Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Brown   Mouse-Razer Naga 2012     Sound-Sennheiser HD 650

I pooped a little

|Casual Rig| CPU: i5-6600k |MoBo: ROG Gene  |GPU: Asus 670 Direct CU2 |RAM: RipJaws 2400MHz 2x8GB DDR4 |Heatsink: H100i |Boot Drive: Samsung Evo SSD 240GB|Chassis:BitFenix Prodigy |Peripherals| Keyboard:DasKeyboard, Cherry MX Blue Switches,|Mouse: Corsair M40

|Server Specs| CPU: i7-3770k [OC'd @ 4.1GHz] |MoBo: Sabertooth Z77 |RAM: Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz 2x8GB |Boot Drive: Samsung 840 SSD 128GB|Storage Drive: 4 WD 3TB Red Drives Raid 5 |Chassis:Corsair 600t 

dat ax1200

hello

Not gonna lie though that looks like some beast components for a work computer

CPU-Intel Core i7-6700k  Motherboard-Asus Z170I Pro Gaming Mini ITX LGA1151  

GPU-MSI GeForce GTX 1060 6GB  Ram-16GB HyperX Fury Black DDR4-2133  Case-Corsair 250D Black  

Displays-Samsung SyncMaster 2443BWX (1920x1200) & Samsung 4k TV 

PSU-Corsair RMx 850W 80+ Gold   Cooling-Corsair H60 54.0 CFM Liquid Cooler   

Keyboard-Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Brown   Mouse-Razer Naga 2012     Sound-Sennheiser HD 650

People at my school think overclocking will kill your components. Idiots.

Others think that AMD CPUs are better than Intel CPUs

They some time are.

How do you even wire it up that badly?? I bet I couldn't do it that bad if I TRIED!

Also, his mom needs a 580? or was that the result of a good salesman selling expensive stuff?

i7 not perfectly stable at 4.4.. #firstworldproblems

1200 watt PSU? Overkill much?

Main Rig CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5700x GPU: Asus TUF Gaming RX5700XT MBASUS AM4 TUF Gaming X570-Plus RAM: 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200 CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Master Liquid LC240E SSD: Crucial 250gb M.2 + Crucial 500gb SSD HDD: PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower Gran RGB 850W 80+ Gold Case: Corsair Carbide 275R KB: Glorious GMMK 85% MOUSE: Razer Naga Trinity HEADSET: Go XLR with Shure SM7B mic and beyerdynamic DT 990

unRAID Plex Server CPU: Intel i7 6700 GPU: Nvidia Quadro P2000 MB: Asus B150M-C RAM: Crucial Ballistix 32gb DDR4 3000MT/s CPU Cooler: Stock Intel SSD: Western Digital 500GB Red HDD: 4TB Seagate Baracude 3x 4TB Seagate Ironwolf PSU: EVGA BT 80+ Bronze 450W Case: Cooler Master HAF XB EVO KB: Cheap Logitech KB + Mouse combo

You're just jealous that your computer doesn't have 500gb of RAM raw accumulated memory.

2178962-r20765_spiderman_look_at_him_and

update. so his moms boss built that computer, and now he wants the boss to make one for him this is my chance to save him.

You can fit ove a terabyte of ram in some boards but they are 4p board's.

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016