ek alumium wb kit

what parts of the ek alumium kit can i keep using with copper parts or where can i find more stuff of aluminum

2 minutes ago, Shyam Ganapathy said:

what parts of the ek alumium kit can i keep using with copper parts or where can i find more stuff of aluminum

You want all aluminum or all copper water contact surfaces.

6 minutes ago, KarathKasun said:

You want all aluminum or all copper water contact surfaces.

what does that mean, also do you know where i can get aluminum parts?

2 minutes ago, Shyam Ganapathy said:

Anything that touches water in your loop needs to be the same metal.

If you have copper blocks, you can use copper core radiators with aluminum fins (because the water contact area is copper) or all copper radiators.

If you use aluminum blocks you want all aluminum radiators.

8 minutes ago, Shyam Ganapathy said:

Anything from EKWB's "Fluid Gaming" lineup is Aluminum, so I would recommend purchasing from there.

Brands I wholeheartedly reccomend (though do have flawed products): Apple, Razer, Corsair, Asus, Gigabyte, bequiet!, Noctua, Fractal, GSkill (RAM only)

Wall Of Fame (Informative people/People I like): @Glenwing @DrMacintosh @Schnoz @TempestCatto @LogicalDrm @Dan Castellaneta

Useful threads: 

How To Make Your Own Cloud Storage

Spoiler

Guide to Display Cables/Adapters

Spoiler

PSU Tier List (Latest)-

Spoiler

Main PC: See spoiler tag

Laptop: 2020 iPad Pro 12.9" with Magic Keyboard

Spoiler

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/gKh8zN

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core OEM/Tray Processor  (Purchased For $419.99) 
Motherboard: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Formula ATX AM4 Motherboard  (Purchased For $356.99) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (Purchased For $130.00) 
Storage: Kingston Predator 240 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $40.00) 
Storage: Crucial MX300 1.05 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Storage: Western Digital Red 8 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive  (Purchased For $180.00) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB WINDFORCE Video Card  (Purchased For $370.00) 
Case: Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C ATX Mid Tower Case  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMi 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (Purchased For $120.00) 
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer  (Purchased For $75.00) 
Total: $1891.98
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-04-02 19:59 EDT-0400

身のなわたしはる果てぞ  悲しわたしはかりけるわたしは

5 minutes ago, Shyam Ganapathy said:

https://www.ekfluidgaming.com/ek-fg-240-expansion-pack when i check here it says the fittings are just nickel. can i just buy hardline fitting in nickel or other nickel fittings?

True nickel does not react with aluminum or copper, hence why it is used for fittings. So yes, you can.

Brands I wholeheartedly reccomend (though do have flawed products): Apple, Razer, Corsair, Asus, Gigabyte, bequiet!, Noctua, Fractal, GSkill (RAM only)

Wall Of Fame (Informative people/People I like): @Glenwing @DrMacintosh @Schnoz @TempestCatto @LogicalDrm @Dan Castellaneta

Useful threads: 

Spoiler

Spoiler

PSU Tier List (Latest)-

Spoiler

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core OEM/Tray Processor  (Purchased For $419.99) 
Motherboard: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Formula ATX AM4 Motherboard  (Purchased For $356.99) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (Purchased For $130.00) 
Storage: Kingston Predator 240 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $40.00) 
Storage: Western Digital Red 8 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive  (Purchased For $180.00) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB WINDFORCE Video Card  (Purchased For $370.00) 
Case: Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C ATX Mid Tower Case  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMi 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (Purchased For $120.00) 

2 hours ago, SenpaiKaplan said:

True nickel does not react with aluminum or copper, hence why it is used for fittings. So yes, you can.

Awesome!!! Does that mean i can also use pure nickel blocks rads etc?

10 minutes ago, Shyam Ganapathy said:

Awesome!!! Does that mean i can also use pure nickel blocks rads etc?

Yep. But be aware of nickle coated parts. The coating will wear away over time, and the metal underneath is copper. So for parts that are not available in Nickle, such as radiators, do your best to buy copper.

Useful threads: 

Spoiler

Spoiler

PSU Tier List (Latest)-

Spoiler

Spoiler

8 hours ago, SenpaiKaplan said:

Yep. But be aware of nickle coated parts. The coating will wear away over time, and the metal underneath is copper. So for parts that are not available in Nickle, such as radiators, do your best to buy copper.

wait copper rads in an alumium loop?

Ok just some extra info here.

All the parts that touch water in your loop don't have to be made of the same materials.

Each metal has an anodic index. When there's too much difference of galvanic index, galvanic corrosion may happen, possibly causing the loop to leak and that's something you don't want to happen.

As far as I know, approx .15 difference is ok, which is why most of the items on the market often mix copper (-0.35) and Nickel (-0.30), while aluminium (-0.90) is way too far and has to be used in full aluminium (technically, you could mix aluminium with for instance Iron (-0.85) but I only saw copper, nickel and aluminium parts until now as broadband parts).

Anodic indexes are listed here : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galvanic_corrosion#Anodic_index

Just another engineer posting useful hardware videos directly to the interconnected network (AKA the internet)

Tech enthusiast. Check my channel out here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6FU1nfeGBBnw_bvHgWCqTQ

3 hours ago, Shyam Ganapathy said:

wait copper rads in an alumium loop?

No! All aluminum only. My apologies.

Useful threads: 

Spoiler

Spoiler

PSU Tier List (Latest)-

Spoiler

Spoiler

7 hours ago, Insorior said:

Ok just some extra info here.

All the parts that touch water in your loop don't have to be made of the same materials.

Each metal has an anodic index. When there's too much difference of galvanic index, galvanic corrosion may happen, possibly causing the loop to leak and that's something you don't want to happen.

As far as I know, approx .15 difference is ok, which is why most of the items on the market often mix copper (-0.35) and Nickel (-0.30), while aluminium (-0.90) is way too far and has to be used in full aluminium (technically, you could mix aluminium with for instance Iron (-0.85) but I only saw copper, nickel and aluminium parts until now as broadband parts).

Anodic indexes are listed here : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galvanic_corrosion#Anodic_index

I think I can use the pure nickel fittings since the kit comes with them. At this point I'm just looking for some hardline nickel fittings and also where to buy the kit since the only place I can find it is on ek's website and their tax is 50 dollars when the product is only 230.

5 hours ago, SenpaiKaplan said:

No! All aluminum only. My apologies.

All good.

8 hours ago, Shyam Ganapathy said:

I think I can use the pure nickel fittings since the kit comes with them. At this point I'm just looking for some hardline nickel fittings and also where to buy the kit since the only place I can find it is on ek's website and their tax is 50 dollars when the product is only 230.

You must use the fluid gaming fittings their fittings are all aluminium, this is not optional. Regular nickel plated fittings and blocks use copper or brass based materials which are not recommended due to the potential for galvanic corrosion. 

https://www.ekfluidgaming.com/ek-acf-alu-fitting-10-13mm-black

https://www.ekfluidgaming.com/ek-acf-alu-fitting-10-16mm#214=70

10 hours ago, Shyam Ganapathy said:

1 hour ago, W-L said:

You must use the fluid gaming fittings their fittings are all aluminium, this is not optional. Regular nickel plated fittings and blocks use copper or brass based materials which are not recommended due to the potential for galvanic corrosion. 

The kit definitely comes with Alu fittings :

https://www.ekfluidgaming.com/ek-kit-a240g

Just another engineer posting useful hardware videos directly to the interconnected network (AKA the internet)

Tech enthusiast. Check my channel out here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6FU1nfeGBBnw_bvHgWCqTQ

13 hours ago, Insorior said:

The kit definitely comes with Alu fittings :

https://www.ekfluidgaming.com/ek-kit-a240g

15 hours ago, W-L said:

Nevermind. Thanks for the info. Can i use hardline tubing with this, and also where else can i buy the kit?

3 hours ago, Shyam Ganapathy said:

Nevermind. Thanks for the info. Can i use hardline tubing with this, and also where else can i buy the kit?

The hardline fittings and tubing need to be purchased separately, the kit is only designed for soft tubing. 

On 3/8/2019 at 9:35 PM, Shyam Ganapathy said:

As @W-L mentionned, fittings are made either for hard or soft tubing. I'm not sure if ek sells aluminium fittings for hard tubing. If they do, you'll find them on their website and as far as I know they ship worldwide. Otherwise you'll find a resellers list on their website for your country.

The kit is also available from their website.

there is a hard way to use aluminium parts in cupper based loop. all you have to do is to anodize it. anodizing forms a deep lair of aluminium oxide which is almost innert to galvanic corosion, unless you use strong acidic or basic soluion in the loop.

CPU: i7 8700K OC 5.0 gHz, Motherboard: Asus Maximus VIII Hero (Z170), RAM: 32gb Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200 mHz, GPU: Asus Strix OC gtx 1080ti, Storage: Samsung 950pro 500gb, samsung 860evo 500gb, 2x2Tb + 6Tb HDD,Case: Lian Li PC O11 dynamic, Cooling: Very custom loop.

CPU: i7 8700K, Motherboard Asus z390i, RAM:32gb g.skill RGB 3200, GPU: EVGA Gtx 1080ti SC Black, Storage: samsung 960evo 500gb, samsung 860evo 1tb (M.2) Case: lian li q37. Cooling: on the way to get watercooled (EKWB, HWlabs, Noctua, Barrow)

CPU: i7 9400F, Motherboard: Z170i pro gaming, RAM: 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200 mHz, GPU: Sapphire Vega56 pulse with Bykski waterblock, Storage: wd blue 500gb (windows) Samsung 860evo 500Gb (MacOS), PSU Corsair sf600 Case: Motif Monument aluminium replica, Cooling: Custom water cooling loop

3 hours ago, MaratM said:

there is a hard way to use aluminium parts in cupper based loop. all you have to do is to anodize it. anodizing forms a deep lair of aluminium oxide which is almost innert to galvanic corosion, unless you use strong acidic or basic soluion in the loop.

how do you anodize it

31 minutes ago, Shyam Ganapathy said:

how do you anodize it

That is a tricky bit) i said it is a hard way, use google, however the diy results may vary from all is fine to house burnt down)

CPU: i7 8700K OC 5.0 gHz, Motherboard: Asus Maximus VIII Hero (Z170), RAM: 32gb Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200 mHz, GPU: Asus Strix OC gtx 1080ti, Storage: Samsung 950pro 500gb, samsung 860evo 500gb, 2x2Tb + 6Tb HDD,Case: Lian Li PC O11 dynamic, Cooling: Very custom loop.

CPU: i7 8700K, Motherboard Asus z390i, RAM:32gb g.skill RGB 3200, GPU: EVGA Gtx 1080ti SC Black, Storage: samsung 960evo 500gb, samsung 860evo 1tb (M.2) Case: lian li q37. Cooling: on the way to get watercooled (EKWB, HWlabs, Noctua, Barrow)

CPU: i7 9400F, Motherboard: Z170i pro gaming, RAM: 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200 mHz, GPU: Sapphire Vega56 pulse with Bykski waterblock, Storage: wd blue 500gb (windows) Samsung 860evo 500Gb (MacOS), PSU Corsair sf600 Case: Motif Monument aluminium replica, Cooling: Custom water cooling loop

20 hours ago, MaratM said:

That is a tricky bit) i said it is a hard way, use google, however the diy results may vary from all is fine to house burnt down)

Oh nevermind then. Not looking for anything too complicated as this is my first loop