I couldn't comprehend this song.

Antoine Kamarovszki

...until I checked the lyrics. Now seriously, I studied English for over a decade and I couldn't understand a word. This is ridiculous. I don't usually have issues understanding native English speakers, I can even understand most movies without subtitles with no issues at all. But some songs, some of them I just can't understand....I understand gangsta rap better than this song here, although these street rap songs have a lot more slang.

This sucks. Is there  a problem with me? Am I retarded? I'm kinda worried. How do I improve my comprehension skills?

Its a song about woman (regardless of the age) who cant get enough and cant stop talking.. IMO

English is not my main language so i can be wrong..i am sure someone could explain it better soon..

37 minutes ago, Antoine Kamarovszki said:

Am I retarded?

You are not retarded

37 minutes ago, Antoine Kamarovszki said:

How do I improve my comprehension skills?

English courses?

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I love Dark Souls lore, Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

35 minutes ago, Hiya! said:

Its a song about woman (regardless of the age) who cant get enough and cant stop talking.. IMO

English is not my main language so i can be wrong..i am sure someone could explain it better soon..

You are not retarded

English courses?

I know what the song is about after reading the lyrics. I mean before I read the lyrics I couldn't understand a single word.

Its because of the old school vernacular they use. Kind of like how if you listen to a song in your native language from 50yrs ago they talk differently. Enunciate different, slang different, and talk with defunct accents. When you learn a language, you're mostly learning the modern interpretation of it, so its no wonder you would struggle with the old stuff. 

If it makes you feel any better, i a native english speaker and relatively smart person (/iamverysmart /iamverydrunk) can only understand about 80% of what theyre saying. The rest is mumbles lol. 

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

2 minutes ago, Atmos said:

Its because of the old school vernacular they use. Kind of like how if you listen to a song in your native language from 50yrs ago they talk differently. Enunciate different, slang different, and talk with defunct accents. When you learn a language, you're mostly learning the modern interpretation of it, so its no wonder you would struggle with the old stuff. 

If it makes you feel any better, i a native english speaker and relatively smart person (/iamverysmart /iamverydrunk) can only understand about 80% of what theyre saying. The rest is mumbles lol. 

Maybe 80% was generous lol

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

2 minutes ago, Antoine Kamarovszki said:

I know what the song is about after reading the lyrics. I mean before I read the lyrics I couldn't understand a single word.

Ouh.. maybe..because its a song with a 50 notes/second thumping drums and power chord all over the place combined with a fast pace lyric and youtube compression?

Okay maybe not...maybe because they use a strange language that you never heard of.

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I love Dark Souls lore, Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

20 minutes ago, Teddy07 said:

My problem was that some parts of the song are very fast.

Yup. This was my problem as well for some parts.
Other than that I could understand a bit of the lyric using closed back headphones in an isolated room at 6:42am, meaning there weren't any noise around to distract me.

But I could totally see this being hard to understand with speakers or just with headphones+noise around you.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

It's fast and the guitar overpowers the vocals at quite a few points. Vocalist isn't super clear either tbh. I pick it up just fine though 

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

3 hours ago, Antoine Kamarovszki said:

This sucks. Is there  a problem with me? Am I retarded? I'm kinda worried. How do I improve my comprehension skills?

I've come to believe that sometimes Punk Rock is intentionally hard to understand. Please don't base your estimation of your language processing skills on how well you understand badly mixed punk rock.

ENCRYPTION IS NOT A CRIME