What consoles do you own if you have any?

BetterThanLife

What modern console do you own? Multiple choice.  

26 members have voted

1. 1. What modern console do you own?

Just curious really, i think it is easy to miss a lot of god games if we only have PC's.

Stinkpci5 3550. DDR3 1600mhz 8GB. Gigabyte GA-H61N-USB3.0. Sapphire RX 570 Nitro 4GB oc. Noctua NH-L12. WD Black 600GB. Silverstone PSU 1KW. Advent 1440x900 75hz VGA monitor 1ms. Acer Veriton M464 chassis.

Self help guide.

I have a PS4 Slim in my bedroom upstairs. We use it mostly as a media player. We have an Xbox One S downstairs attached to our main TV in the living room. It serves the same function. On that same TV is the Switch. The Switch gets more "gameplay" out of any of them, because my kids use it.

There's a handful of PS4 exclusives I play but normally I use my PC for everything.

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

13 minutes ago, BetterThanLife said:

Just curious

Please add "none" and "other" options.

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

I have 2 original Xbox, 2 original Xbox 360, Xbox 360 Elite, Xbox 360 Slim,  1  Xbox One,  2 PS2(Fat and Slim, PS3(80GB), PS4(and Pro). 

CPU:AMD Ryzen 5 5600 3.5 GHz Processor | CPU Air Cooler:Thermalright Assassin X 120 Refined SE | Motherboard:MSI B450M GAMING PLUS MATX AM4

Memory:G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2x16GB)  DDR4-3200 | GPU:PowerColor Fighter Radeon RX 7600 8 GB Video Card

Storage #1:Silicon Power A55 512GB SSD (OS driver) | Storage #2: Silicon Power A60 1TB M.2-2280 PCIe 3.0 X4 NVMe (Anything else)

Case:Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L | Case Fan: 3x Thermalright TL-C12C (2x intake fans, 1x exhaust fan)

Power Supply:Corsair CXM (2015) 450W Bronze 80 Plus |OS:MS Windows10 (64-bit) | Monitor: ASUS VG275 27” 1080p 75 Hz FreeSync

Missing a lot of good older consoles in this poll...but I guess the definition of modern will be subjective to perception and age.

That aside...anyone have any LaserActive discs in good condition they'd like to sell at a price that isn't stupid high?

3DS Missing, WiiU missing...

So I clicked on Wii and DS instead of the correct new new 3DS XL and the WiiU.

Besides that: Mostly use Playstation4 PRO these days if console, Switch when there's a good game I want, Xbox one X I also own as well as XBox 360 and a Gamecube, PS2 as well.

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

damn.. i really don´t play that much console, but going through what i have.. i does look like i buy a bit too much

Nintendo

Wii/Wii U/Switch (only use the Switch)

Sony

PS3 (my kid plays with it) PS4 and PS4 Pro, VITA and PSP Fat

Microsoft

Xbox , Xbox 360 Elite, Xbox One (Old), Xbox One X

only one used, are the PS4 Pro, Switch and Xbox One X for me, i have the old PS4 and Xbox One connected in the summer house..

i don´t think i have turned on a "non movable" console for a while, last game played were Red Dead Redemtion at launch week. 

Play the switch a bit at the moment, Trials Rising, even though it is a poor port.

Got a good few in my collection.

Current ones I play the most on:

Xbox One X (mostly FH4, KH3, and Ori and the Blind Forest atm), Switch (Hollow Knight and Smash Bros Ult currently), and PS4 Pro (FFXII atm).

The rest of the collection:

Xbox One S (at my parents for use as a media/movie player), Xbox, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, DS Lite, 3DS, and PS2 Fat and Slim.

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU

On 3/3/2019 at 5:40 AM, PineyCreek said:

Missing a lot of good older consoles in this poll...but I guess the definition of modern will be subjective to perception and age.

That aside...anyone have any LaserActive discs in good condition they'd like to sell at a price that isn't stupid high?

To be fair, some of the consoles on the list are nearly 20 years old, and the line seems to be drawn at a reasonable place. 

I had seen the Laser disc console, but have had no experience with it, and haven't heard much about the consoles. I guess they get overlooked, whats the Laser-disc console like? Does it still work well?

hehe.. found my perfect condition Gameboy, the launch version... that´s a fun old thing..

sold my Xbox One S and PS4 Slim for a PC paying for online subscriptions is bullshit 

(◣_◢) Ryzen 5 3600,   Aorus X370 K7,   XPG 16GB 3200,   Gigabyte 2070 Windforce Corsair RM650x,   LG 32GK650F-B 31.5" 144Hz QHD FreeSync VA,   Kingston 120GB SSD,   Samsung 1TB 860 QVO,   2TB HDD,   Fractal Design Meshify C,   Corsair K63 Wireless,   Corsair Gaming M65 PRO,   Audio Technica ATH M50x,   Windows 10 ProCorsair H100x 240mm.  (◣_◢)

(◣_◢) Ryzen 5 1600,   Noctua NH-L12S,   Gigabyte GTX 1060 6G,   ASUS Prime B350 Plus,   HyperX Fury 8GB DDR4 (2666MHz - 1.3v),   SilverStone ET550-B,   Kingston 120GB SSD 2TB HDD,   Cougar MX330,   Windows 10 Pro.  (◣_◢)

On 3/4/2019 at 2:11 AM, Stefan Payne said:

3DS Missing, WiiU missing...

So I clicked on Wii and DS instead of the correct new new 3DS XL and the WiiU.

Besides that: Mostly use Playstation4 PRO these days if console, Switch when there's a good game I want, Xbox one X I also own as well as XBox 360 and a Gamecube, PS2 as well.

WiiU did so bad even i forgot about it.

Might pick one up in the future, it always interested me with it's screen in the controller doofab.

Stinkpci5 3550. DDR3 1600mhz 8GB. Gigabyte GA-H61N-USB3.0. Sapphire RX 570 Nitro 4GB oc. Noctua NH-L12. WD Black 600GB. Silverstone PSU 1KW. Advent 1440x900 75hz VGA monitor 1ms. Acer Veriton M464 chassis.

Self help guide.

17 minutes ago, BetterThanLife said:

WiiU did so bad even i forgot about it.

Might pick one up in the future, it always interested me with it's screen in the controller doofab.

Well, if you have a Switch there is no reason for a WiiU, if you have a WiiU there isn't much reason to get a switch as most are remakes from the WiiU.

Though there are still a couple of Games exclusive to the WiiU at the moment.

Well, basically Xenoblade Chronicles and Pikmin 3.

ANd of course the possibility to use Wii Games...

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

I assume you're talking about owning them, not necessarily playing them on a regular basis? Ones I have that are not on your list include Dreamcast and Virtual Boy (though more of a show piece...it hurts my eyes way too much to actually play it)

Otherwise, after the mid 2000's (fat PS3 era) is when I switched back over to PC gaming.

There's no place like ~

Spoiler

Problems and solutions:

FreeNAS

Spoiler

Dell Server 11th gen

Spoiler

ESXI

Spoiler

Just now, Razor Blade said:

I assume you're talking about owning them, not necessarily playing them on a regular basis? Ones I have that are not on your list include Dreamcast and Virtual Boy (though more of a show piece...it hurts my eyes way too much to actually play it)

Otherwise, after the mid 2000's (fat PS3 era) is when I switched back over to PC gaming.

Dreamcast is awesome.

Self help guide.

Just now, BetterThanLife said:

Dreamcast is awesome.

Yup it is also the only Sega console I've ever owned...

There's no place like ~

Spoiler

Problems and solutions:

FreeNAS

Spoiler

Dell Server 11th gen

Spoiler

ESXI

Spoiler

This poll is missing way too many consoles. The PS2 is here but no Dreamcast? Plus, I would have at least gone back and listed the most popular consoles from the NES onward. 

That said:

Consoles:

PS1 (mod chip)

PS2 FAT (softmodded with HDD and network adapter)

PS3 Slim

PS4 base

PS TV (can you call this a console?)

XBox (softmodded with upgraded HDD)

XBox 360 FAT (upgraded HDD to 320GB using the firmware swap)

XBox One

XBox One X

Dreamcast

Wii (softmodded with external HDD)

Handhelds:

PSP (with CFW with 32GB microsd)

Vita OLED 3G/WiFi

A PS4 Pro is next on the list. I'll probably get one when Death Stranding and/or The Last of Us 2 come out. I'll also probably get a Switch at some point. There just aren't enough unique games on it that interest me to justify the purchase at this point. I don't care about the majority of Nintendo IPs and multiplates make no sense to me since the X is the place to play those and if I want to play on the go, I can just stream to my laptop or Vita. But I still need to play Bayonetta 2 and with Bayonetta 3 on the way, I might have to get one sooner rather than later. I want to see if we get a refresh first though.

12 minutes ago, Kawaii Koneko said:

This poll is missing way too many consoles. The PS2 is here but no Dreamcast? Plus, I would have at least gone back and listed the most popular consoles from the NES onward. 

That said:

Consoles:

PS1 (mod chip)

PS2 FAT (softmodded with HDD and network adapter)

PS3 Slim

PS4 base

PS TV (can you call this a console?)

XBox (softmodded with upgraded HDD)

XBox 360 FAT (upgraded HDD to 320GB using the firmware swap)

XBox One

XBox One X

Dreamcast

Wii (softmodded with external HDD)

Handhelds:

PSP (with CFW with 32GB microsd)

Vita OLED 3G/WiFi

A PS4 Pro is next on the list. I'll probably get one when Death Stranding and/or The Last of Us 2 come out. I'll also probably get a Switch at some point. There just aren't enough unique games on it that interest me to justify the purchase at this point. I don't care about the majority of Nintendo IPs and multiplates make no sense to me since the X is the place to play those and if I want to play on the go, I can just stream to my laptop or Vita. But I still need to play Bayonetta 2 and with Bayonetta 3 on the way, I might have to get one sooner rather than later. I want to see if we get a refresh first though.

Poll is limited, impossible to implement all console choices, so limitations were made.

Self help guide.

On 3/4/2019 at 12:39 PM, Ertman said:

To be fair, some of the consoles on the list are nearly 20 years old, and the line seems to be drawn at a reasonable place. 

I had seen the Laser disc console, but have had no experience with it, and haven't heard much about the consoles. I guess they get overlooked, whats the Laser-disc console like? Does it still work well?

Last time I tested it, it worked for both laserdiscs and sega genesis games via the PAC.  There's always an ever creeping danger of it failing though because of the older capacitor design, so I probably need to find someone to recap it all...don't have the confidence of doing it myself.  I have the documentation and capacitors to fix it.

I don't have any LaserActive games though to test.

1 ps1 2nd gen 3 ps2 slims 2 fat ps2s 3 fat ps3s 80gb one is a brand new boxed 2 60gb ps3s 1 ps3 slim ps4 2nd launch model ps4 pro psp ps vita nintendo wii nintendo ds original xbox xbox 360

On 3/7/2019 at 11:16 AM, BetterThanLife said:

Poll is limited, impossible to implement all console choices, so limitations were made.

And yet you included the PS2, Gamecube, OG XBox and Pro versions of PS4 & XBOne but not Wii U and 3DS. I mean I can forgive you for forgetting the Wii U even as someone who has one and always used to defend it. It isn't available for sale anymore and it sold worse than anything else on your list. I can also kinda understand including the PS2 in here even though it's discontinued and has been for years given that globally it's still the best selling console ever. But ignoring the 3DS is a bit rough given that it's still available on store shelves, unlike Wii U, and sold more units than half of the stuff on your list.

Especially when you're for some reason including different SKUs of the PS4 & XBOne. I don't count the PS4 Pro or XBOne X as "different consoles" to the originals. And if they are then the DSi and New 3DS should be included. And if you think it would have been stupid to have included them then.... you understand my point about the PS4 Pro and XBOne X

;) 

On 3/7/2019 at 10:40 AM, Stefan Payne said:

Well, if you have a Switch there is no reason for a WiiU, if you have a WiiU there isn't much reason to get a switch as most are remakes from the WiiU.

You don't have to say this in every thread and in any case this really isn't true anymore and hasn't been for a while. In the first half of 2017? Sure, this was arguably where the Switch was in comparison to the Wii U's library. But now you're just starting to sound a bit crazy when you say this. 

This would be my list worthwhile Wii U exclusives left without something equivalent either on Switch or upcoming:
- Pikmin 3

- Super Mario 3D World

- Zelda HD remasters

And this is the reverse of that, stuff that's on Switch that has no Wii U equivalent:

- Super Mario Odyssey

- Arms

- Mario + Rabbids 

- Pokemon Lets Go

- Pokemon Sword/Shield

- Link's Awakening

- Animal Crossing

- Astral Chain (I'm pretty hyped about this one TBH)

- Bayonetta 3

- Fire Emblem

- Actual third party support

- Pretty much all of the indie games

If you had a Wii U and loved it? You clearly like Nintendo's stuff enough to have got the Wii U. As such at this stage you're really going to start missing out on a LOT by not getting a Switch. If you are a fan of Nintendo there's no reason for you not to have or at least want a Switch. Anyone who says otherwise, anyone who says that the Wii U is enough, they're fooling nobody but themselves at this point.

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing

they still got wii u in the store i got my ps3 80gb beliave it or not all brand new.